Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSPedict v0.6

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
phels

PSPedict v0.6

Post by phels »

Does anyone have v0.6 of PSPedict? I can only find the download for v0.5.

It seems it was a casualty of the megaupload take-down because all links I find were megaupload.

Or, does anyone have any insight into why v0.5 would freeze after loading the dictionary files in 6.60ME?
Advertising
toBsucht
VIP

Re: PSPedict v0.6

Post by toBsucht »

not easy to get.. try http://www.free-psp-downloads.com/?file_id=187 <<defect 7z-file :oops:
Advertising
Last edited by toBsucht on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HomeBrews working with Psp 6.xx fw viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2624
ofw (shrunk) HomeBrews viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879

All Psp homebrews at mfi.re/toBsucht
http://pspinstaller.co.uk
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

toBsucht wrote:not easy to get.. try http://www.free-psp-downloads.com/?file_id=187
I had a feeling you would come up with a working download link for this. :lol:

I looked for a bit but couldn't find an actual working download link for v0.6. Everything I found was either v0.5 (saying it was v0.6) or a megaupload link to .6.

Nice work as always toBsucht.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
eyek_baton

Post by eyek_baton »

PSPEdict v0.5 also freeze in 6.20 Pro-b10.
[spoiler]PSP-2006 ta0-88v3[/spoiler]
[spoiler]5.03 MHU >> 5.03 Gen-C >> 5.03 Prometheus-4 >> 6.20 Pro-B5 Permanent >> 6.20 Pro-B10(fix1)[/spoiler]
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

mh and the archiv from the link is defect anyone know how to repair 7z files.
Or just use AnyLanguageStudy
...entry in PSP scene was updating PixelDragon's Japanese dictionary called PSPEdict.
nakano

Post by nakano »

Oh... You wanted to have this too? I uploaded it (so slow upload rate...), but I think it's not working with the newest firmwares. Source is included if someone really wants to try (or know how) to fix compatibility. Here is the link (if you have a problem with 7-Zip, I can zip it).
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
phels

Post by phels »

nakano wrote:Oh... You wanted to have this too? I uploaded it (so slow upload rate...), but I think it's not working with the newest firmwares. Source is included if someone really wants to try (or know how) to fix compatibility. Here is the link (if you have a problem with 7-Zip, I can zip it).
Thanks! I'll try it when I get home. If it doesn't work, I might have to go back to 5.00 m33...
nakano

Post by nakano »

I think it works only with M33/GEN firmwares and cannot be signed. Is there any feature that you specially need from PSPEdict? Kanji search with stroke count maybe? Does any early version (v0.1-v0.3) work with PRO or ME firmware (can probably be downloaded from Qj)? Have I managed to broke something with v0.4-0.6 or has it always been like that?

Maybe some other programmer with a newer firmware can solve the issue by trying to debug the homebrew? If it crashes when you press cross, try searching "keys->pressed.cross" from the source code (it's a mess). Use messageboxes or write to a log to understand where the program goes. I assume you get to the "Files loaded: OK." message. Does it also crash when you press circle?
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
phels

Post by phels »

nakano wrote:I think it works only with M33/GEN firmwares and cannot be signed. Is there any feature that you specially need from PSPEdict? Kanji search with stroke count maybe? Does any early version (v0.1-v0.3) work with PRO or ME firmware (can probably be downloaded from Qj)? Have I managed to broke something with v0.4-0.6 or has it always been like that?

Maybe some other programmer with a newer firmware can solve the issue by trying to debug the homebrew? If it crashes when you press cross, try searching "keys->pressed.cross" from the source code (it's a mess). Use messageboxes or write to a log to understand where the program goes. I assume you get to the "Files loaded: OK." message. Does it also crash when you press circle?
Firstly, nakano, I would like to thank you for being so hands-on and responsive about this stuff. I don't think you broke anything when you took PSPEdict over. I think it's just an incompatibility with newer firmwares. I checked v0.6 and v0.3 and both freeze at the "Files loaded: OK" spot when I press X. Circle does bring up the Help section okay. But that's it.

I really like AnyLanguageStudy. I think it's any awesome study tool and anyone studying Japanese would benefit from using it, but I suppose what I like about PSPEdict is that it's a dedicated dictionary. I think what I may do is downgrade to 5.00 m33, if that is possible. I haven't researched it yet. Would anyone know? Could I just use the 5.00 m33-6 updater?
phels

Post by phels »

I'm back to 5.00 m33-6 and running PSPEdict v0.6 right now. It would be awesome if it could be compiled for 6.xx firmware since it is such a useful homebrew.

Anyway, though, thanks everyone for your help!

Return to “Homebrews”