Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

What is the best OFW - CFW method to use in this situation?

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
GraphiX2004

What is the best OFW - CFW method to use in this situation?

Post by GraphiX2004 »

Hello new to the PSP world but been doing weeks of research and it's quite mind bending.
So many variants of the Pro CFW for 660/661? You have the following...

ME | LME | & Pro by the original team who for some reason only went upto 660? And never fixed the PSX/PSN bugs?
Then you have updated pro un-officials that still don't say if 660/661 psx/psn bugs have been fixed or not?

qwikrazor87
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41249

Yoti Mod
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41249

Rahim-US
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=34403

I really don't know which CFW to use?

I got a PSP 1000 model today which has OFW of just 4.05 (I don't know why the owner never updated it.)
I don't want to flash perm modification I just want to use the QuickRecovery/Flasher method only.

I do want to convert my old PSx games and PSN games and play emulation.

What do you professionals suggest I do? Upgrade to 6.20 and stay at this firmware?
Or, update to the 6.60 firmware? I don't see the point updating to 661 since won't be flashing with infinity.

Also, I've searched and searched and cannot find an answer to this... How do you block OFW updates on a psp?
For example in the official games I got if I explorer them there's a sysdir with a firmware update in most games.

Or when the Vita end of life finally happens who says Sony isn't also going to patch/fix the old PSP at the same time?
So I want to be-able to block everything if possible?

how do I block these games when converted to ISO from updating to the latest firmware?
Since the console is old I don't want to risk even more wear tear on the UMD drive than it already has so going to ISO the games that come with it.

If anyone can help with all these questions I would really really appreciate it.
Since I only have 1 shot at updating from this firmware to the next stage 620 > 660 > 661
Advertising
Joel16

Re: What is the best OFW - CFW method to use in this situation?

Post by Joel16 »

PRO C2 CFW 6.61 with CIPL if you're on PSP 1000/2000 (hackable)
Otherwise PRO CFW 6.20 with permanent patch on any other PSP device.
Advertising
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
GraphiX2004

Post by GraphiX2004 »

Hey Joel16, I did mention that I'm not interested in making it perm so I wouldn't need the flasher.
I'm just wondering if there's any reason to update to 661 instead of 660 for temp expliot methods?

Or even 6.20 for that matter?

Also nobody has yet to answer this in any threads upto now.

How do you block OFW updates on a psp?

For example in the official games I got if I explorer them there's a sysdir with a firmware update in most games.
Or when the Vita end of life finally happens who says Sony isn't also going to patch/fix the old PSP at the same time?

So I want to be-able to block everything if possible?

Also... How do I block these games when converted into ISO formats, or running original UMD Games from updating to the latest firmware?
Since the console is old I don't want to risk even more wear tear on the UMD drive than it already has so going to ISO the games that come with it.
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

Most routers these days don't even support the PSP so I wouldn't worry about 'accidentally' updating. Just update to 6.61 if you're afraid of that so much, there isn't really any notable difference. If you're not interested in keeping it permanent use PRO C2 (L)CFW for 6.61.
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”