Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

which cfw? (running ofw 6.20 on psp-2000) help please!

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Re: which cfw? (running ofw 6.20 on psp-2000) help please!

Post by Disturbed0ne »

damien907 wrote:dope, so pretty much i hit a homerun? i was worried for a minute about it not being hackable.

is the cipl flasher pretty much ah full version (as in i can power off my psp and it will still work upon power up) of the cfw that i just installed?

how would i go about reverting back to my earlier ofw? just delete the cfw files?
Yes, it stores PRO in the flash of your PSP basically like older CFW's did so it loads automatically when ever you turn on your PSP.

As for reverting back to OFW, that I'm not 100% on (I own two PSP 3000s and everyone I know does too, so I've never dealt with fully hackables)
damien907 wrote:here is a list of what i want to do with my psp
1. play emulators of umd games, psx games, gb/gbc/gba, snes, sega genesis, and gamegear games <---- this is the reason i bought a psp again in the first place. sure it would be nice to have online features, but they take a backseat to the emulation aspect of this cfw. i really want to be able to play psx and gameboy advance games.
2. watch movies be them umd's or movies ive loaded onto my memory stick (i probably wont be doing this that much at all)
3. surf the internet
1. Emulators are simple, there's an entire sub forum dedicated to them (found here - viewforum.php?f=47 ) (I'm not sure what you mean by "play emulators of umd games", I think you mean UMD backups (i.e. ISO's you ripped from your own UMD's), if so then yes you copy them into a folder titled ISO at the root of your memory stick (the main part of your memory stick with the folders Game, Video, Music etc). PS1 games (PSN downloaded or games ripped from your PS1 discs converted to EBOOT [I usually use icetea1.3. See attachment] go in your Game folder like any game you download from the PSN.
damien907 wrote:the online aspect of the PRO intrigues me though, what exactly does this mean for online-ness?
It basically means that almost 50 games that are Ad-Hoc (local multiplayer, i.e. two people in the same location with two PSP's) can be played online with people around the world (for more info about games and how to set up AT-PRO visit the Prometheus forums)
damien907 wrote:all in all if i mostly want to play emulators and watch movies, for various different systems do you think i should probabably go with the me 1.8?
All of my experience has been with PRO (and previously TN-HEN) so I can't really give you an unbiased opinion on which is better (I've seen many debates and from what I gather both are basically equal until you come to PRO's online and ME's LEDA.prx[1.5 homebrew] support) so it's basically a coin flip, heads online play (PRO) and tails old homebrews (ME1.8)
damien907 wrote:and to be clear i would be dl the permanent version of either of these, not the (L)cfw version right?
That's also up to you, you can use the light versions so you can instantly go back to OFW if you need to for any reason (I know PRO has a "CFW blocking" feature that lets you use the PSN if the CFW is enabled and I'm sure Neur0n has the same feature in ME1.8)
damien907 wrote:**********edit
one last thing, i just put my breath of fire umd into the psp to see if it would work, and it did (im still running 6.20 pro-C) but it wouldent let me save; it said i didnt have enough space. is this because my memorycard isnt formatted? i should have plenty of space because i have an 8gb memory stick in there, i installed the cfw without formatting it and it worked fine, but maybe thats my problem? will it erase my cfw if i format my card?
If you format your memory stick it will erase everything on the card, just like it would if you didn't have (L)CFW. The (L)CFW will remain on your PSP until you turn it off though. I wouldn't format the card right now, first backup anything that you don't want to lose.

Is the memory stick new? Have you saved anything to it before? I don't know why it's saying "not enough space" unless there isn't enough space on the card (which isn't likely since game saves are usually less than 100kb which is extremely tiny)
Advertising
Attachments
icetea1.3.rar
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 127 times
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

The CFW can be uninstalled using the PRO Updater, PSP model doesn't matter.
Advertising
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

qwikrazor87 wrote:The CFW can be uninstalled using the PRO Updater, PSP model doesn't matter.
Thanks, I've never used cIPL (or full CFW) before so I wasn't positive.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
damien907

Post by damien907 »

ok, i just updated the ofw to 6.60, i think im gonna try me 1.8 for now as i dont know anyone else with a psp so the ad hoc multiplayer of prometheus would be rendered pretty useless correct? or can it play online even if i dont have another psp friend around me to connect locally?

the memory stick was new, well used, but from amazon and it was sent with nothing on it. i formatted the card to get everything off of it, then installed the ofw 6.60. gonna go try to install me 1.8 now. will post up and tell you if it works.

after that im gonna try to install some emulators, yes i would like to be able to play .iso's of the umd games and psx games, thats what i was reffering to.

thanks for your help everyone wish me luck in this update!

will post back soon.
damien907

Post by damien907 »

i just tried to update to me 1.8, but it said i needed a previous cfw on it, so i installed 6.60 pro-b9, then tried to install me-1.8 but it didnt work. could i just use pro-b9, i used pro-update, not CIPL flasher, this is a lcfw right? if i run cipl flasher then that is the full cfw correct? am i at a major disadvantage using this version of cfw over the me 1.8?

thanks

*********edit

so i turned off my psp, and turned it back on went to system settings and looked at the software installed, it says 6.60 me-1.8, so it looks like i did something right :D can i delete the files under my games folder that are called pro fast recovery, pro update, and pro cipl flasher?

now to try and install an emulator, i just tried to drag gbsp on it and it didnt work, the file said corrupt data, going to try and find another one for it.

i would really like to use visual boy advance, but i dont know if it will work on my psp with this cfw installed, anyone know?
Steven

Post by Steven »

why PRO-B9?

there's already PRO-C
can it play online even if i dont have another psp friend around me to connect locally
yes it can
damien907

Post by damien907 »

i just installed the pro b-9 because it needed a cfw to install 6.60 ME 1.8, thats what im running now.

i just tried to play my umd as well and it still says not enough free space on memory stick, even though wehn i look at it in the home screen it says i have 7393 mb of free space, and the game only takes like 1000 kb or something tiny like that.

anyone know why? i hope that isnt something ill run into when trying to save on a umd .iso written to my memory stick.

i wont be able to post for about 6 days because im gonna be away from my computer, but will come back and check as soon as i get the chance.

thanks again for all your help everyone.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

you are not using the right installer, check here

now as for the saves I have never had that problem but you could try formatting the MS with the PSP
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
damien907

Post by damien907 »

@ fate6, i read that thread you linked, but im not sure i fully understand yet, are you saying i installed my cfw wrong?

when i go to system software installed it says 6.60 me-1.8, wouldent that mean that i installed it right?

maybe this could be why i have run into some other problems besides the saving on my umd game as well? ie, only the gameboy color and gameboy advance emulators seem to be working, no sega genesis or snes ones seemed to work. ive tried a bunch of different ones too.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

I was just pointing out that there are 2 versions of the ME installer
one that needs a HEN or CFW to run and one that can run on OFW, there the same sept the OFW one was made later if I recall

now if you think something went wrong doring the install you could try it again but I think the problem might be the emulator

Check the VHBL downloads thread in the Vita section since the ones posted there work with ME and PRO
If not then IDK sorry :/
(I would link you but im on my Vifa >__<)
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”