Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How can I hack my PS3 Super Slim 12 GB 4.55?

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
alexg1989

How can I hack my PS3 Super Slim 12 GB 4.55?

Post by alexg1989 »

how active is the PS3 hacking scene?

Are there emulators?

What are the advantageous of hacking a PS3?

Is it even possible to hack a ps3 at firmware 4.55?
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: How can I hack my PS3 Super Slim 12 GB 4.55?

Post by fate6 »

!) Very
2) Lots
3) Homebrew/Emulators/Game mods/No need for disk
4) Nope and further more you can't install CFW on that model of PS3 at all

You must be on 3.55 to install CFW which from there you can install a 4.55 CFW but the only way is to start from 3.55 and as you might have guessed tht model was made way after 3.55 so it can not be downgraded to it
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
STAticKY

Post by STAticKY »

alexg1989 wrote:how active is the PS3 hacking scene?

Are there emulators?

What are the advantageous of hacking a PS3?

Is it even possible to hack a ps3 at firmware 4.55?
this is your only option http://www.cobra-ode.com/

my advice, get a 2xxx series console and pay someone to downgrade it if you dont have the know how to do it yourself.

please note that SOME 25xx series cant be downgraded Edit: use MinVerCheck to find out what ver Firmware the console was factory shipped with.
Black PS3 2502 - 512GB SSD - 4.55 Cobra CFW
Black PS3 2102 - 120GB SSD - 4.55 OFW
Black PSV 1102 - 16GB - 3.12 OFW
Black PSV 1002 - 16GB - 3.01 TN-V8
Red PSP Slim 3002 - 128GB - 6.20 PRO-C2
alexg1989

Post by alexg1989 »

fate6 wrote:!) Very
2) Lots

You must be on 3.55 to install CFW which from there you can install a 4.55 CFW but the only way is to start from 3.55 and as you might have guessed tht model was made way after 3.55 so it can not be downgraded to it
well that's pretty weak.

let's say I get a 3.55 PS3 and hack it, would I be able to transfer stuff between my PS3 and my PS Vita? I currently am unable to do so because it turns out the PS3 has to be hooked up online in order to transfer. I don't have wifi at home.

Is there a Nintendo 64 emulator and how compatible is it with games like WWF No Mercy & Conker's Bad Fur Day?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

I don't have a PS3 so I don't know any of the specifics :/
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
myth

Post by myth »

alexg1989 wrote:
fate6 wrote:!) Very
2) Lots

well that's pretty weak.

let's say I get a 3.55 PS3 and hack it, would I be able to transfer stuff between my PS3 and my PS Vita? I currently am unable to do so because it turns out the PS3 has to be hooked up online in order to transfer. I don't have wifi at home.

Is there a Nintendo 64 emulator and how compatible is it with games like WWF No Mercy & Conker's Bad Fur Day?
If you had wifi you could have your vita connected to wifi then you can download the game over that from the psstore.com

I don't buy downloadable games so I don't know if you could download them to your vita through cma but you will have to upgrade your vitas firmware (Assuming your keeping it outdated) using this method unless your using opencma (look it up) I have no idea if the cma program is working with linux or mac yet.

Do you have a psp? You can get many emulators on there even on the newest firmware. Whats your experiance with emulators?

Yes you can play conkers bad fur day etc (not all games play right, in my experience mainly japenese games) I'd recomend the 1964 emulator or mupen64plus gets a lot of praise on some linux forums.

Lastly your ps3 is to new to downgrade to 3.55 if you really want cfw you will need to buy a older ps3, I recomend a 20 or 60gb if you like the ps2. They have just about full ps2 compadibilty. The early 4 port 80 gb play ps2 aswell though they use emulation instead of hardware and have many more glitchs as such. You will not be able to go online with 3.55 firmware, you can get cfw to go online though I don't know enough about ps3 hacking to tell you how.

Return to “Programming & security”