Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

New to PS3.

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
skyhot004

New to PS3.

Post by skyhot004 »

Got a lot of question to ask
But first i still don't really own ps3 as it still being deliver so i don't even know what version of ps3 i'm getting

1.Can you play backup game
From what i search : Only in 3.55 CFW

2.Can you play backup game online
From what i search : You can get banned

3.Should i be on the sony side or get to homebrew side
I don't really have money to buy the game so i'm stuck with ps plus mostly but ps plus throw a bunch of ps3 games at you (not low like vita)
Homebrew??? Errrm i don't really interest in these at all (Because i don't know what ps3 have right now)

Is playing backup game too dangerous,not recommended (Do you have high chance of getting banned?)
If so i will just stay on sony side

I got ps vita TN-V because it is not dangerous and sony got no way of checking it
(So does ps3 homebrew collection is same as ps vita oh wait PSP i mean)

I don't really play online thought
I'm only interest in P4Arena,Blazblue chronophantasma,Dead of alive 5,a bit of BF4

Last question
Is installing CFW very easy?? or very hard I'm good at following instruction

Really last question
Does from what i search is correct?
Advertising
...................Yeah i got nothing to say here
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: New to PS3.

Post by fate6 »

1. You need 3.55 to install any CFW but the CFW themselves go to the latest firmware (4.55)

2. You will get banned

3. Depends on what you want to do with the system, Have a google at PS3 homebrew and see if there is anything you like
(ps3hax.net)

4. Offline? no you are fine but online will get you banned, if you connect to PSN at all then you are very likely to be banned

5. installing CFW is very easy since its like installing an OFW from USB

Now as for what CFW to use well there are a few but I always recommend rebug
http://rebug.me/

best part is they are working on rebug 4.55 but till then 4.46 is fine. Oh and before you update past 3.55 remember to QA flag the system
(you will need to google it as I don't have a PS3 and have never actually done it)
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Re: New to PS3.

Post by jc_gargma »

Once you get your PS3, the series number can give a decent idea if it supports OFW 3.55 needed for CFW
Any model CECH-21XX or earlier can support 3.55.
CECH-25XX's only sometimes support 3.55, and as such should first be physically checked with the Miniversionchecker tool to see if it supports OFW 3.55 (This tool can be run from any OFW.)
CECH-30XX or later models don't support 3.55 at all.

If the model you get supports 3.55, but its currently on an OFW above 3.55, you would need to install a hardware flasher (E3 Flasher, for example) and downgrade it to OFW 3.55 before you can install CFW.

fate6 wrote:Oh and before you update past 3.55 remember to QA flag the system
(you will need to google it as I don't have a PS3 and have never actually done it)
QA flag can be done from the Rebug Toolbox.
While on OFW 3.55, Install Rebug 3.55.4
Install the Rebug Toolbox (An installer package comes included by default with all Rebug editions in the Games/Package Manger/Install Package Files/PS3 HDD directory.)
Run the Toolbox, and choose the Toggle QA flag from the Utilities menu, and done.
After that, you can install Rebug 4.46.1 directly overtop of Rebug 3.55.4

Return to “Programming & security”