Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Put a demonstration mode PS3 into retail?

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
hymness

Put a demonstration mode PS3 into retail?

Post by hymness »

Hi people! Been a while!

I'm working at a little community place and we've been given a PS3 yesterday! Yay!

However I'm a little confused. In the bottom right corner of the screen, there's a message telling me demonstration mode 3.72. I've managed to find the code to unlock it, but I need to insert it everytime I'm rebooting the ps3.

Also, when I insert a code, there's another category I can select : Install package files. Does this mean this console is jailbreaked?

And I can't access PSN. They tell me I need to update it first. Few questions here:

1. Is it possible to put this console into a retail one permanently? I've read that even if I unlock it with the code like I'm actually doing, we won't be able to install say game demos, which would be bad.

2. I don't plan to have it jailbreaked in anyway. It's there a problem to update it? Would it even let me?

Thanks people for your always precious help!

Hymness
Advertising
PSPgo 6.20TN-D
DSwizzy145

Re: Put a demonstration mode PS3 into retail?

Post by DSwizzy145 »

If you truly wanna know how to install pkgs on Kiosk firmware. You'll need these Kiosk "Only" pkgs that a couple in-store kiosk PS3s have are called "IDU Discs" and these Data CDs are the only way that can install .pkgs on that particular firmware! so.. see and ask if anyone else has them.
Advertising

Return to “Programming & security”