Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

how to make ps3 games from psp games

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
jd20dog

how to make ps3 games from psp games

Post by jd20dog »

Today people we have a fun treat as I've decided to show you guys how to make PSP games run on your nicely modded PS3 systems. Am I nice or what?
Well you may think "man, that would take some kind of wizard or something" but no, its easy as pie with the great tools your wonderful ps3scene devs (that work so hard to tick off Sony, lol) have generously giving out to the inter webs for free, and Sony as well for they're never used PSPEMU that roams around in our PS3's for some odd reason (like a tree gnome or lawn elf.)
Now you may be saying "this dude is getting annoying with this odd rambling." Yes I do believe I am, so here is a poor excuse for a guide I made for this very simple process of converting your PSP game that hurts your hands into a ps3 game you can play for days with the great Dualshock 3 and a big screen you can actually see and read.
You're now thinking "there has to be a catch." Well sadly yes as many PSP games are not compatible with the poor PSPEMU inside the PS3 as its very limited and unstable but there are tons of settings to fiddle with and much googling to do for adjustments to make many of them work.

So with no more drunken jabber lets get straight into the guide with a small explanation.

I'm running a clean ship so no asking for where to get ISOs, as I'm telling you now::From UMDs at the game store, you get them with this thing called money,which you trade to the game store for them, this is in-turn spent by the game store to buy more games from the games manufacturer and used to support the gaming industry.

To keep things simple and sweet, I'm going to convert Lunar Silver Star Harmony from UMD to PS3 game, step by step, so you can enjoy this great game though most games can be converted in the same way.

::Tools used::
psp2ps3_v2.1.2_cex
Windows XP black edition PC with valid registration(yeah its legal)
UMD of Lunar SSH by xSeeds
PSP console
USB cable
16gb USB flash-drive (just has to be big enough for your package files)
Rebug REX 4.46 CECHA01 PS3 console
Big Flat 19inch LCD
Jar of Moonshine

::On your PSP::

-1. Put the UMD of the game in the PSP.

0. Press Select on the PSP in the XMB to open the vsh menu, navigate to "USB device" and set it to "UMD disc."

1. Rip PSP game UMD using PSP and USB cable to a PC where ever you want, just remember how to navigate to it.

::On your PC::

2. Open ps3_minis.exe (For Windows Vista/7/8 users, right-click it and select run as administrator)
::In the ps3_minis window::

3. Click Options in the bottom right corner, and the blue part of the window will change to a more in-depth settings menu.

4. Click the box next to the file menu with the 3 dots([...]) and a navigation window will open for you to find and select the ISO you ripped. The navigation window will then close, and your game will be listed in the file: box with the content ID box under ISO options will be filled in with the ISO ID numbers.

5. Under Options settings, ensure the PSP Remaster bubble is checked.(Some games work better as minis1 games)

6. Next to PSP Remaster is a button called MINIS2. Depending on the game you are converting, these settings may need to be altered for the game to work properly.

:: How these MINIS2 settings work::

version:: Is for what PS3 firmware you want the game to use as its minimal system FW to run on, usually this is set to 0xFFFFFFFF for all FW's

adhoc_party:: Is for wifi multi player games like (phantasy star portable 2) and is set with 0(zero) for disabled and 1(one)for enabled.

s3d.enable:: I believe this to be for the 3d displays but I'm not sure, but functions with the same 0/1 disable/enable as adhoc_party

additional_key_asingn:: This is used for enabling and mapping the second analog stick or other non-psp buttons on the PS3 controller to usable functions in the PSP game on the PS3, second analog stick is set to mimic the other with 0000000047C6C544, not sure on other codes and buttons.

There are more functions and codes for this txt file but these 4 are your norm and will usually be preset with basic settings

::Back to guide::

7. Click on the big convert button in the bottom right. This will start an automated section of the conversion. Just sit back and let it do its thing till it goes to the next step.

8. Eventually it will tell you to press the {make package} button. Click it and you are now making a installable ps3 package. Sit back and let it do its thing once more.

9. Eventually, the new converted file will be put in the results folder of the PSP2PS3 file's directory. Don't worry, the program will automatically open the folder in a new window for you. Now copy the new PSP game's PS3 package file to the root of a USB flash drive.

10. When that's done unhook your flash-drive from the PC and move over to your hacked PS3 and connect it to the USB port closest to the disk drive, or if you have it standing up, the highest port from the surface the system is sitting on.

:: Installing the package on Rebug REX 4.46::(May differ for other versions or CFW/MFW)

11. Boot (turn on) your Rebug PS3.
11.5. Disable internet in network setting in the settings section as a precaution.

12. Navigate to the game section of the XMB, and then highlight and select "Package Manager."

13. On the submenu that appears, select "Install Package Files" and then "Standard Package Location."

14. From here, you will now see the package file you created. Select it to begin the installation.

15. After the installation completes, restart your PS3.

16. Look in your games section of the XMB and there is your nicely made PSP game. (For those using the group category, you will now notice a PSP Remaster subfolder, which contains your game.Minus1 games show up in minus section.)

17. Boot the game
17a. If everything works right, boom you're in a place called awesome.
17.b. If the game stops at the black screen or redirects to XMB, go back to step 6, and try changing the minis2.txt

18. Drink and enjoy a night at home with a good game and celebrate your great accomplishment.

19. Remember to reset the system before every time you connect to PSN, this clears the game ID from the game-log in the system.

It can be tricky to get some games to work so try a few times if needed, and some games don't work at all on the PS3, so its a trial and error game till you get it.

Thanks for the read and if you need help I'll be making a thread dedicated to this process and I hope everyone can help get a big group of games and they're settings for them to work.

::Side notes and thoughts beyond the guide::

Ad hoc games do work with one user on PS3 and others on PSP but DO NOT try to play any PSP games online with a PS3 as you will get banned from PSN instantly as Sony does not support any PSP games on the PS3 officially

In step 10, jc_gargma has noted that you can use any usb port on the CECHK01 PS3 in Rebug to install these packages from. I've used port zero in the guide as it is the dev port for the system.

i will add the ps3 pic as soon as my internet goes back to normal

I'm not crazy, I just make life more fun, also it Halloween so trick or treat

::Tested ps3 models and CFW::
CECHA01,Rebug REX 4.46 jd20dog
CECHK01,Rebug REX 4.46 jc_gargma
CECH2501B,Rebug(#?), SMOKE

::PSP games tested with default settings::
Lunar Silver Star Harmony, jd20dog
Rockman legends 2, jd20dog
Popolocroise, jd20dog
Adventures to Go, jc_gargma

::Collaborators::
Initial guide by
wololo.net User
jd20dog

Editor/Spellchecker/Tester/Adviser/ pc screenshots
wololo.net Big Beholder
jc_gargma

Tester/adviser
wololo.net VIP
SMOKE

Blog & Site owner/Adviser
wololo.net Admin
wololo

::Super Thanks To::
Everyone involved in the creation of psp2ps3 tools
Advertising
Last edited by jd20dog on Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........
MovingxTarget

Re: how to make ps3 games from psp games

Post by MovingxTarget »

This is really amazing. Good job on this. :D
Advertising
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

reserved for minis2 txt settings
for specific games

here are some more minis2.txt file settings and theyre uses

SDRAM_SIZE:: it sets the ram limmit for the game, usful for games that have set ram limitation

AW.EXT_MODE:: not sure but will look further in to it

AW.EXT_CMD:: same as above

VSYNC_OFFSET_US::(tends to be set to VSYNC_OFFSET_US=2000) i believe this is for games that have video sync issues, will look further when i have the time

AW.VRAM_MODE:: i believe it set video ram, will look further in to it with time

ADHOC.EMUPA_TITLE_ID :: not sure at all(???)

ADHOC.EMUPA_INITIAL_SERVER:: not sure????

i will do my best to list the correct uses for these but i prefer to test things before posting, so it might take some time
if anyone else feels like explaining them ill add your comments to the list and credit you in the guide

thanks for your time and help
Last edited by jd20dog on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

thankss
SILENT_Pavel

Post by SILENT_Pavel »

Can somebody help me to get run GTA LCS??
my test:
I mean, it's working - sound and menu, game is running - but no 3d models visible, why? Can it be fixed with some deep exotic options on pkg convert tool?
(and yes i know i can use ps2 version, but i want multiplayer)
vita
PCH-1008 WiFi, 3.18 OFW, 16Gb, EU PSN --> Go! Sudoku + Sports Superbikes 2 exploits.
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

im seeing a lot of compatibility list showing gta games as non-playable in a similar fashion to sonic rivals 2

my rebug ps3 is down with the red blinker, as soon as i get it fixed ill look into the game but it looks to be one of the nonps3 compatible games

if i find a workaround online ill post it for you

the psp-emu in the ps3 is very poor and cant run many psp games
SILENT_Pavel

Post by SILENT_Pavel »

jd20dog wrote:the psp-emu in the ps3 is very poor and cant run many psp games
Well, not really, cos you know final fantasy type-0 is EXTREMELY large and heavy game (also the 3rd bithday and other), and it's running perfect fps fullscreen 1080p with perfect music, if psp emu was really poor, so game wasn't running like that...

upd: screens deleted
Last edited by SILENT_Pavel on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
vita
PCH-1008 WiFi, 3.18 OFW, 16Gb, EU PSN --> Go! Sudoku + Sports Superbikes 2 exploits.
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

the psp emu in the ps3 dose work, yes
but it has many issues that will never be fixed, as compared to say its competitors, pspgo, pc, and android, witch are still being fixed and patched now and for a while to go,(cept the go)

so this emu in the ps3 is poor, and will likely stay so
also have you gotten gta working, most of them seem to be non playable(im still going to look into it as soon as my ps3 is working again)

its a great thing to have and i like it, but other options are booth better and easier to obtain and use
this is why i say it is poor

also can you down size your images, please,they take up most of the thread bandwidth
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

i have tryied about 60 different setting combinations and many other custom changes i can think of
gta just seams to hate the heck out of the ps3

sorrry dude im trying to get it working but still a no go....not sure why but it just refuses to work right on the ps3
jack52032

Post by jack52032 »

Thanks :D link for PSP2PS3 http://www.sendspace.com/file/888suf

Return to “Programming & security”