Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

I've been inactive for a while... *question*

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
EzpadaZ

I've been inactive for a while... *question*

Post by EzpadaZ »

Has the scene advaced something in software hacking ( I mean, without having to open it up ), I Have a PS3 with the most recent OFW, it's a fat with 2.10 base firmware, i'm just wondering, since it's fully hacked now, i haven't see any "full cfw" without the need of downgrading, and i'm asking why is this, if we already have everything lv1, lv0 keys, etc. (I'm not an expert on this, and haven't followed the scene that close, but i know that these keys were released).

¿Anyone?

Thanks in advance-
Greetings from méxico! - (Sorry for the bad english) xD
Advertising
PS3 Fat: Newest OFW
PS Vita: 3.01 OFW / TN-V4
PSPGo: 6.20 PRO-C Permanent. - USB Mode Bricked it.
iPad2,1: iOS 7
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini: Rooted.

There might be something running on one of those devices. That has never been released... Maybe.
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Re: I've been inactive for a while... *question*

Post by jc_gargma »

The ECDSA signature flaw for firmware updates was fixed on OFW 3.60. Now that it is fixed, only legit Sony firmware updates are accepted again, and forged ones are rejected.
Advertising
EzpadaZ

Post by EzpadaZ »

jc_gargma wrote:The ECDSA signature flaw for firmware updates was fixed on OFW 3.60. Now that it is fixed, only legit Sony firmware updates are accepted again, and forged ones are rejected.
I'm guessing (by the time of that FW update, and as far as we are), that ECDSA Signature can't be patched?..... Forget it, That's the reason why we need to downgrade. isn't it. ;-; So, there's no "Software downgrader" ?....

There might be something running on one of those devices. That has never been released... Maybe.
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

Software downgraders do exist, but these are designed for CFW where the signature check is already disabled.
On OFW, trying to do so has the same problem as installing CFW itself, as these require you to install a firmware updater, which would also be denied as forged.
EzpadaZ

Post by EzpadaZ »

jc_gargma wrote:Software downgraders do exist, but these are designed for CFW where the signature check is already disabled.
On OFW, trying to do so has the same problem as installing CFW itself, as these require you to install a firmware updater, which would also be denied as forged.
Thanks for answering!

Return to “Programming & security”