Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

What to look for in buying PS3

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
neoshagrath

What to look for in buying PS3

Post by neoshagrath »

I'm planning to buy a PS3. Do I only need to find a boxed one with 3.55 or lower OFW? Or should I check model numbers? The HDD would came afterwards.
Yeah I only like to play homebrews and maybe back up copies from games I previously bought. :D
Advertising
Randysteele992

Re: What to look for in buying PS3

Post by Randysteele992 »

neoshagrath wrote:I'm planning to buy a PS3. Do I only need to find a boxed one with 3.55 or lower OFW? Or should I check model numbers? The HDD would came afterwards.
Yeah I only like to play homebrews and maybe back up copies from games I previously bought. :D
Yeah,gotta be on 3.55 to install CFW. Depends if you want to play ps2 games on disc. One's with backwards compatibility are more expensive but alot of ps2 games can be played on slims and non backwards compatibility models with ps2 classics. Not perfect but it works. So my suggestion would be to buy a slim on either 3.55 OFW or slim on Rogero CFW. Hope you find one you want. Also id get it soon so you can get GTA V a week early haha
Advertising
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic »

I would personally try to find a hackable Slim PS3 if you don't want full PS2 backwards compatibility, these are more reliable than the Phats due to the YLOD issue. You won't be able to find one new in the shops but you could find a sealed one on online market places.

These include the models from CECH-20xxA all the way upto CECH-25xxB. Remember, slim PS3's can now play SOME PS2 games thanks to CaptainCPS-X's "PS2 Classics Conversion" method. Do a google search for more on this.

If you want to play back-up and some homebrews, you could buy a brand new Super Slim PS3 and buy a 3K3Y or Cobra ODE.
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD
EzpadaZ

Post by EzpadaZ »

To be more sure: Buy a Phat one, those came with 3.55 and lower.
PS3 Fat: Newest OFW
PS Vita: 3.01 OFW / TN-V4
PSPGo: 6.20 PRO-C Permanent. - USB Mode Bricked it.
iPad2,1: iOS 7
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini: Rooted.

There might be something running on one of those devices. That has never been released... Maybe.

Return to “Programming & security”