Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Will there ever be cfw for 3k and up model ps3's?

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
DarkenLX

Will there ever be cfw for 3k and up model ps3's?

Post by DarkenLX »

will we ever see cfw for 3xxx and up model ps3's i for one would like to get cfw on my CECH-3001B but seems no ones making much headway as of late :(
Advertising
Last edited by fate6 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please use a appropriate title
PsVita 1: OLED Model 3G [3.36] [PSN?: Y]
PsVita 2: OLED Model 3G [mOFW3.00/eCFW] [PSN? :N]
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: Will there ever be cfw for...

Post by SMOKE »

It most likely will be done at some point. It takes time.
Advertising
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

seems like the hackers are waiting till after sony stops putting out updates for the ps3,kind of like the psp, so they don't waist they're work just to have it patched, as sony dose have a guarantied way of patching exploits on the ps3

though i kinda dought sony will keep the ps3 on psn when they finally drop it

im sure the remaining k-ploits for the vita's psp emu are waiting for local vita hack to stop sony from patching it in the same way

heres a list of tested games
[spoiler]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? ... erpage=250[/spoiler]
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

jd20dog wrote:seems like the hackers are waiting till after sony stops putting out updates for the ps3,kind of like the psp, so they don't waist they're work just to have it patched, as sony dose have a guarantied way of patching exploits on the ps3

though i kinda dought sony will keep the ps3 on psn when they finally drop it

im sure the remaining k-ploits for the vita's psp emu are waiting for local vita hack to stop sony from patching it in the same way

heres a list of tested games
[spoiler]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? ... erpage=250[/spoiler]
I have the same view point on hackers waiting as well. Obviously there are still kexploits (TN has his own private one). I just dont want the ps3 hacked to death like the psp and no longer get games for it :(
Intel Core i7 4770K @4.7Ghz
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair H100i Water Cooling
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
1TB WD Blue - 128GB 840 PRO SSD
BenQ XL2420TE Gaming Monitor
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

JeoWay wrote:I just dont want the ps3 hacked to death like the psp and no longer get games for it :(
I still don't get why people say this. The PSP left the door open on launch, and still had tons of games over its lifetime. By the time it escalated to such a massive scale (signing, permapatch, package decryption) games were already drying up outside Japan anyways.
If being hacked were an indicator of game slowdown, the PSP would have died in its first year.
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

jc_gargma wrote:
JeoWay wrote:I just dont want the ps3 hacked to death like the psp and no longer get games for it :(
I still don't get why people say this. The PSP left the door open on launch, and still had tons of games over its lifetime. By the time it escalated to such a massive scale (signing, permapatch, package decryption) games were already drying up outside Japan anyways.
If being hacked were an indicator of game slowdown, the PSP would have died in its first year.
I'm just saying. I would LOVE for the PS3 to be hacked every firmware, but to the point where we can't really "pirate" games. I personally don't see the point in pirating on a home console. I personally have different thoughts on Mobile Devices. i.e android, ios, etc
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

JeoWay wrote:
jc_gargma wrote:
I'm just saying. I would LOVE for the PS3 to be hacked every firmware, but to the point where we can't really "pirate" games. I personally don't see the point in pirating on a home console. I personally have different thoughts on Mobile Devices. i.e android, ios, etc
There's a difference between the PS3 and the PSP. The PSP had piracy, yes, but had a lot more besides piracy. PS3 mainly has piracy keeping things going.
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

Everything condones piracy by itself without being hacked :D :lol:
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: Will there ever be cfw for 3k and up model ps3's?

Post by SMOKE »

Why are we talking about the PSP and Vita scene on a PS3 CFW thread?
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Re: Will there ever be cfw for 3k and up model ps3's?

Post by jc_gargma »

SMOKE wrote:Why are we talking about the PSP and Vita scene on a PS3 CFW thread?
Cause of the assertion the PS3 should not be hacked as severely as the PSP, because it will lead to it having no games, despite the fact the PSP still has alot of games, the PS3 has a far more "piracy-only" scene, and while the Vita has barely being hacked at all, is the one suffering most for developer fear of piracy.

Return to “Programming & security”