Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Will there be a new Jailbreak release for the PS3 4.40

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
shadowknight1620

Re: Will there be a new Jailbreak release for the PS3 4.40

Post by shadowknight1620 »

SMOKE wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:then it's bad quality thermal paste, I've worked with artic silver thermal paste and it sticks into it like f-ing glue, maybe it's dependent on the brand or something
It was the original thermal paste because it was the first time that PS3 was ever opened
Ya the stock thermal paste is *** which I feel is intentional but that's why most people replace it with stuff such as arctic silver. Like Acid_Snake said it may be bad it was soo easy I've been told it was the main cause for ylod on older models
Advertising
ShadowKnight1620 PSP-3001 6.60 PRO-C2 & PSVita 3.36 ARK-2
ImageDownload ShadowKnight1620's CTF
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

shadowknight1620 wrote:
SMOKE wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:then it's bad quality thermal paste, I've worked with artic silver thermal paste and it sticks into it like f-ing glue, maybe it's dependent on the brand or something
It was the original thermal paste because it was the first time that PS3 was ever opened
Ya the stock thermal paste is *** which I feel is intentional but that's why most people replace it with stuff such as arctic silver.
Why would you replace the paste, if its working fine?
Advertising
shadowknight1620

That is something I've also wondered but I've been told it lasts way longer and why risk your ps3 taking a dump because of something simple as the cheap thermal paste it comes with drying out. But newer models don't have this issue.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

SMOKE wrote: Why would you replace the paste, if its working fine?
cause you don't want it to fail out of nowhere, I agree it's best to have it dry out a bit first, but after the ps3 starts making more noise than normally, replace the thermal paste immediately
shadowknight1620 wrote:But newer models don't have this issue.
yes they do, thing is newer models are new, so it'll take some time before cheap components start wearing out, specially the thermal paste. That's why my BC PS3 from 2007 is still working like new.
shadowknight1620

Acid_Snake wrote:
SMOKE wrote: Why would you replace the paste, if its working fine?
cause you don't want it to fail out of nowhere, I agree it's best to have it dry out a bit first, but after the ps3 starts making more noise than normally, replace the thermal paste immediately
shadowknight1620 wrote:But newer models don't have this issue.
yes they do, thing is newer models are new, so it'll take some time before cheap components start wearing out, specially the thermal paste. That's why my BC PS3 from 2007 is still working like new.
As each revision of newer models they are taking less power which means less heat overall the newer systems hardly get hot enough for it to be an issue but yes over a long period of time of course its going to fail somewhere.

My worm motor on mine is having issues I've replaced the whole laser drive and still the worm motor won't move correctly I think it may have been due to shipping on my replacment though :( so basically I have a digital only ps3 at the moment and its a 3001b so non hackable :'(
jbp210

Post by jbp210 »

SMOKE wrote:
jbp210 wrote:downgrading still works on 4.40. I downgrade multiple consoles everyday.
Yes, but only if your PS3 is able to downgrade to 3.55.
If you cant, then theres something called the "Three Muskateers Patch", but I dont know about that.
Google can help
Its actually 3.56. Three Muskateers is now outdated. bwe nor and nand patcher is the way to go.

----
SMOKE wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:there's something that has stopped me from downgrading my console, do you have to fully take apart the motherboard? cause I really don't wan't to mess with the thermal paste
Theres no need to replace the thermal paste, as long as you dont touch it.
Ive taken my PS3 apart like 3 times, and never needed to replace the thremal paste
The E3 Flasher has a clip that goes on the flash chip, its really easy.
If you break the bond of your thermal paste you need to replace it. Air pocket in you thermal paste is not good.
Last edited by jc_gargma on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
winayy

Post by winayy »

jbp210 wrote: Its actually 3.56. Three Muskateers is now outdated. bwe nor and nand patcher is the way to go.
Can you downgrade new ps3 models with bwe nor and nand patcher?
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

winayy wrote:
jbp210 wrote: Its actually 3.56. Three Muskateers is now outdated. bwe nor and nand patcher is the way to go.
What can you do with bwe nor and nand patcher?
Patch your nor / nand?
Anyways, read this:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/ps3 ... beta-3257/

I think thats what hes talking about
ROOKI3

Post by ROOKI3 »

[quote="winayy

Can you downgrade new ps3 models with bwe nor and nand patcher?[/quote]
you can only downgrade older models (up to the release date of 2010) so no 3k or 4k series, you can only use the cobra ode when it is released for this models (at least that's why cobra team says).

Return to “Programming & security”