Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS3 Jailbreak

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Dark_Exca-

PS3 Jailbreak

Post by Dark_Exca- »

Hey I have a Question about Downgrade. Is it possible to Downgrade from 4.31 to 3.55 and then Install the Jailbreak?

Thank You
Advertising
jd20dog

Re: PS3 Jailbreak

Post by jd20dog »

Dark_Exca- wrote:Hey I have a Question about Downgrade. Is it possible to Downgrade from 4.31 to 3.55 and then Install the Jailbreak?

Thank You
depends on the model of ps3 as some cant be downgraded past 3.60fw without bricking

you can use a flashing tool to flash the mb to 3.55

this gits asked alot so here
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12372

look though the forums before asking next time
Advertising
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........
Dark_Exca-

Post by Dark_Exca- »

The Number of my PS3 Modell is Cech2004B or Somthing. So can anyone please Upload a Downgrade File from4.31 to 3.55 thx
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

Dark_Exca- wrote:The Number of my PS3 Modell is Cech2004B or Somthing. So can anyone please Upload a Downgrade File from4.31 to 3.55 thx
you have to use a flashing tool, please read linked threads when submitted for you to look into for the answer of your question,we are not able to help you though the process of reading already posted and well documented information
jc_gargma wrote: Q4: Can my PS3 be downgraded?
Again, some can, some cannot, so we need to know your PS3's model type to see if it can be.
1st: Downgrading requires opening up your PS3's frame, and soldering wires onto various points on the motherboard. Be sure you feel comfortable with this, and understand the risks associated with doing so.
2nd: On the back of your PS3 (or bottom for 2k Slims,) there should be a sticker, with serial codes, a barcode, etc on it. One of them is the PS3 model type. It will look like CECHXXXXX, and this is your PS3 model (ex, CECHK01, which is my 80Gb PS3 NOR Phat model, or CECH-2001A, which is a first-gen US PS3 Slim model.)
3rd: Models
------If its a CECHA to CECHG, its a NAND Phat, and which means only Progskeet can downgrade it. Move to Q5.
------If its a CECHH to CECHQ its a NOR Phat, which is the most easily downgraded, with Progskeet, a Teensy++ 2.0, or an E3 Flasher. Move to Q5.
------If its a CECH-20XXX to CECH21XXX its a 2k Slim, and can be downgraded as a NOR Phat can. Progskeet, Teensy++ 2.0, or E3 Flasher. Move to Q5.
------If its a CECH-25XXX, its a 2.5k Slim, download the MiniVersionChecker (here), and place in on a Flash drive (or MS) in (Drive Letter):/PS3/UPDATE and plug it into your PS3, and go to System->System Update and choose "Update from Local Device," and attempt to install it. This will tell you the minimum OFW you can downgrade to. If this tells you 3.55 or less, Progskeet, Teensy++ 2.0, or E3 Flasher can work, and move to Q5. If this tells you 3.60, you're out of luck. Sorry.
------If is a CECH-3XXXX and later, then its a post 3.60 Slim, and cannot be downgraded to 3.55. Unless something comes out later for 3.60+, you're out of luck. Sorry.

Q5: Downgrading
Ok, so, since I don't have a flasher (and am unlikely to anytime soon,) I won't be able to provide much first-hand assistance in regards to flashing or CEX-to-DEX. Thought I'd give a heads-up on that. Apologies.

Links to Downgrading with Hardware Flasher Tutorials
Ultimate Fool Proof Guide: PS3 Hardware Downgrading at ps3hax.net
i dont mean to sound harsh or mean
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........
Dark_Exca-

Post by Dark_Exca- »

Does it gives a free Methode anytime?
donkulousprime

Post by donkulousprime »

Can someone please tell me if there's a hack solution in the works for super slim cech 4001 models? If if not why? I'd like to be able to back up my growing games catalogue but I can't find any info on the matter. :cry:
EDIT: I guess my question was pretty much answered above. :oops:
busterg

Post by busterg »

is the 4.20 jailbreak a scam on youtube, they said to just answer a few surveys then download the pup file then load to ps3 and your ps3 is jail broken.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

anything wanting you to do a survey is a scam
never do them
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
LuffyKurosaki

Post by LuffyKurosaki »

busterg wrote:is the 4.20 jailbreak a scam on youtube, they said to just answer a few surveys then download the pup file then load to ps3 and your ps3 is jail broken.
ofcourse its a scam, if you have to do surveys or the download you got says you have to download some other file for some sort of reasons, its always fake.
anyways, you cant jailbreak a 3.56+ ps3 without using a E3 Flasher
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

Use MinVerChk to make sure your base firmware is at least 3.55 or lower. If so, then yes you can. Then yes you can install a CFW from 3.55
Intel Core i7 4770K @4.7Ghz
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair H100i Water Cooling
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
1TB WD Blue - 128GB 840 PRO SSD
BenQ XL2420TE Gaming Monitor

Return to “Programming & security”