Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Valkyria Chronicles

Discuss official PS3 games here
Kyouma

Valkyria Chronicles

Post by Kyouma »

[quote="Official Valkyria Chronicles Website"]
In 1930s Europa, tensions rise to an all-time high between the continent's two distinct military powers: the Empire and the Federation. In the struggle for ultimate supremacy, the Second Europa War (E.W.II) erupts, and Gallia, the small independent nation situated between the two super powers, now faces attack.

The Empire's Imperial Army is first to strike Gallia, forcing the young lieutenant Welkin Gunther to pull back his small platoon. As the invading forces charge toward the capital city, Welkin discovers that not only are they outmatched in scale and weaponry, but the enemy army also has Valkyria, an unusually powerful race, in their ranks. As the war rages, the capital city is about to fall to the enemy, but Welkin's unique battle strategies bring hope to his homeland!

There may be a chance for Gallia after all. This is Welkin's story.

Combining turn-based RPG gameplay with 3rd person action games, the "BLiTZ" battle system allows players to battle with direct control in action sequences just as in action games, while also maneuvering through the vast world with strategic moves typical of tactical RPGs.

The "CANVAS" graphics engine, created exclusively for the PS3, brings a never-before-seen style to life.

Breath life into stunningly unique visuals similar to hand-drawn illustrations, and immerse yourself in real-time battles in environments resembling a watercolor painting in motion.

[/quote]

Media:

[youtube]j0GnJLrDXeg[/youtube]

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Wallpapers and avatars:

http://www.sega.com/valkyria/uk/downloads.html

Theme1

Theme2

Sources:
-Official PS forum
-Valkyria Chronicles Official site

Valkyria chronicles is without a doubt not only the best SRPG I've ever seen, it's also the best PS3 game I've ever seen and the best game I've played in my life (probably). No other game achieved such perfection. I myself use the second style on my PS3, got both the DLC's and bought a PSP for VC2 alone. (hoping for a new release on Vita) The characters are great, the graphics are excellent, the gameplay is excellent, the story is excellent, the soundtrack is excellent. Heck, I can't think of a single thing about this game that I found plain bad.
Not surprising, the game spawned an anime as well. The only thing that held me back from watching was the fact that I already know the story and that the art looks way to generic in it.

Myanimelist.net article

Discuss.
Advertising
Faltimar

Re: Valkyria Chronicles

Post by Faltimar »

Ive had it for a couple years but just started playing it a few days ago. Its pretty freakin' awesome so far.
Advertising
shaqfu

Re: Valkyria Chronicles

Post by shaqfu »

This is one of my favorite games on the PS3. Love the characters and the story. Gameplay is great too for an SRPG.

Return to “Games”