Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Project Diva Extend - Translation (patch 0.4-r2 available)

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
0n3Pi3c3

Re: Project Diva Extend - Translation (patch 0.4-r2 availabl

Post by 0n3Pi3c3 »

fate6 wrote:try this link
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88081634/pd-ex ... 0.4-r2.zip

BTW you really should update that PSP to 6.60 ME 1.8 ;)

I knew that anyone would be talking about this. But in fact, those upgrades in general aren't definitive, what means, every time that U turn off and power on again, had to do the firmware again.
That's my reason because I didn't make this upgrade yet.
Only to know, this is to 5.xx custom firmware??
Thanks again for help.
Advertising
Steven

Post by Steven »

0n3Pi3c3 wrote:
fate6 wrote:try this link
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88081634/pd-ex ... 0.4-r2.zip

BTW you really should update that PSP to 6.60 ME 1.8 ;)

I knew that anyone would be talking about this. But in fact, those upgrades in general aren't definitive, what means, every time that U turn off and power on again, had to do the firmware again.
That's my reason because I didn't make this upgrade yet.
Only to know, this is to 5.xx custom firmware??
Thanks again for help.
EDIT: nope 6.60 ME 1.8 is a Full CFW
Advertising
Last edited by Steven on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

there is no CIPL flasher for ME since its a full CFW. as in ME = updated M33 ;)
also we have gone way off topic >__<
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Steven

Post by Steven »

oh yeah XD :lol:

ridiculously compared it to PRO :lol:
RadicalR

Post by RadicalR »

Not to be "that guy", but any more news on this?
Nightsail

Post by Nightsail »

RadicalR wrote:Not to be "that guy", but any more news on this?
Might depend on what news you're looking for. :) Is there anything in particular you're interested in, about it?
james194zt

Post by james194zt »

Hi Codestation,

This plugin you have written looks perfect for translating other games, how did you come up with initial text file with the memory offsets in it that the plugin then then uses to translate the text I presume you have some sort of process running in the background of the game that is acquiring this information for you or similar. I am interested in seeing if this would be usable in other games as it is an ingenious idea that looks to save hours unpacking and messing with files and the ability to play original UMD disks is great.

Thanks

James
PS Vita 3.60 with Taihen
PSP 1001 - 6.60 Pro CFW - died may it RIP
PS3 Slim CECH2001 - Rebug 4.81 and E3 flasher installed
Xbox 360 Trinity Slim - Xecuter Coolrunner 2 + Matrix Trident tri nand
Nightsail

Post by Nightsail »

james194zt wrote:Hi Codestation,

This plugin you have written looks perfect for translating other games. How did you come up with initial text file with the memory offsets in it, that the plugin then then uses to translate the text? I presume you have some sort of process running in the background of the game that is acquiring this information for you or similar. I am interested in seeing if this would be usable in other games, as it is an ingenious idea that looks to save hours unpacking and messing with files, and the ability to play original UMD disks is great.

Thanks

James
Hey, James.

From what I gather, codestation finds the offsets by using some sort of expensive-as-all-else program to catch the strings in memory as the game's played (could be wrong on the "as it's played" count; I haven't seen it in action) then figures out the addresses from what the program reports on it. It doesn't sound like a very simple process to me... so I've stuck with translating the strings that've already been pulled out. (I'd be interested in finding strings myself, but if I had several hundred/thousand(?) dollars to spend on a program for fun anyway, I'd sooner buy myself a couple more Vocaloids!)

'Sail
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

james194zt wrote:Hi Codestation,

This plugin you have written looks perfect for translating other games, how did you come up with initial text file with the memory offsets in it that the plugin then then uses to translate the text I presume you have some sort of process running in the background of the game that is acquiring this information for you or similar. I am interested in seeing if this would be usable in other games as it is an ingenious idea that looks to save hours unpacking and messing with files and the ability to play original UMD disks is great.

Thanks

James
For this specific game i just allocate a block of memory, copy all the translated strings in there then overwrite all the string pointers in the eboot so they point to the translated strings. To get the strings i just use a hex editor and a mips dissasembler, is a boring task since it cannot be fully automated (thankfully this game has the strings packed together in big groups so i can make 20-50 at once).

For other games where the text is in separate files in the umd i just intercept the read request and redirect it to a file in the memory stick so the game still thinks that is reading its data from the disk.

You are right that these methods save a LOT of time in translation and testing, but the way of finding the text and move it around in the game so it still works is still hard. The source code of both methods is available on my github (prxpatch project, under divapatch and mhp3loader).

Anyway, i hope that i can use my plugins without major modifications since i want to translate one more game on psp when it comes out (megpoid the Music#).
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
Nightsail

Post by Nightsail »

codestation wrote:i want to translate one more game on psp when it comes out (megpoid the Music#).
Not to ignore all the cool info you'd given (I do like reading about such stuff!) but holy cow, please tell me I didn't mis-read this? There's going to be a Gumi-centric game for PSP? :D Where's the info on that coming out?

Also, I'm totally signing up to help translate it; I love Gumi!

Return to “Games”