Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Saints Row Undercover (Beta Game leaked out)

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
DefectiveFuture

Saints Row Undercover (Beta Game leaked out)

Post by DefectiveFuture »

A few days ago, creators of Saints Row, Volition, had announced they found an unfinished game in a lost PSP Dev Kit and earlier today they live streamed the game on Youtube Games and Twitch. At the end of the stream, they posted a link to the ISO in chat.

https://www.unseen64.net/saintsrowundercover/

Now you may be asking "And? Why are you telling us about this?" Well. The game for some reason isn't compatible with the actual PSP. Volition reps recommended using an emulator like PPSSPP but I wanted to play it on the true software but for some reason, the game gives an error when you run it! I had no idea where else to go for an active PSP community and I thought I'd come here and look for someone who could perhaps help other fans (such as myself) revive this hidden piece. Anything would be HIGHLY appreciated. Thanks guys!!

EDIT: 6.61 PRO-C and 6.20 PRO-B2 are the only tested CFW that I've heard that haven't been able to run it.
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

Re: Saints Row Undercover (Beta Game leaked out)

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Just for giggles I tested on my PSP Go using 6.20 LME 2.3. Error code 80010002.
Advertising
MuskratDesman

Post by MuskratDesman »

PSP street 6.61 PRO-C Error 80010002, Ps Vita 3.51 Tn-v and Ark - crash emulator. Fine work on PPSSPP.
rstan58

Post by rstan58 »

i dont think this can run on actual PSP, unless dev kit, PPSSPP works fine, no go for me using 6.60LME 2.1
blueheaven

Post by blueheaven »

Maybe the eboot is encrypted? Decrypt it and rebuild the game with the umd app. Then try running it again on your psp.
Will try it later today myself.
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

Is this joke ffs there is maybe a hundred messages which say the game isn't working but the third message us explaining how to make it work.

Delete the eboot bin file and rename boot.bin to eboot.bin. I'm running it on a PSP go. While starting press x or o once its stucking and when the game start don't press new game this will freeze the device instead press load game, I know there isn't a save file but that's how its working.

Working method is joke just like game itself don't expect a proper quality, well actually if it would be property our better to call finished they would sell :D

edit: that's strange I made no change but after a few hours play when I restart the game new game button worked.
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
MuskratDesman

Post by MuskratDesman »

Delete the eboot bin file and rename boot.bin to eboot.bin.
And use (L)ME custom firmware ;)
PS: work on PSP E1000 6.61(L)ME 2.3
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

MuskratDesman wrote:
Delete the eboot bin file and rename boot.bin to eboot.bin.
And use (L)ME custom firmware ;)
PS: work on PSP E1000 6.61(L)ME 2.3
Ah I forgot to mention that, no matter what engine I tried it didn't work on my 6.60 go lme 2.3 it worked with pro c 2 instead and I select m33

Folks don't worry if you can't run it, game is full of glitches.

I wish someone leaks resident evil and devil may cry too in the future :)
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
DefectiveFuture

Post by DefectiveFuture »

ali_ihsan21 wrote:Is this joke ffs there is maybe a hundred messages which say the game isn't working but the third message us explaining how to make it work.

Delete the eboot bin file and rename boot.bin to eboot.bin. I'm running it on a PSP go. While starting press x or o once its stucking and when the game start don't press new game this will freeze the device instead press load game, I know there isn't a save file but that's how its working.

Working method is joke just like game itself don't expect a proper quality, well actually if it would be property our better to call finished they would sell :D

edit: that's strange I made no change but after a few hours play when I restart the game new game button worked.
I'm trying this right now. Will let you know how it goes.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Posting any other .iso to this site would be against the rules I know, but since this one was released to the internet by the actual game studio themselves I don't really see how this would be violating any rules?? Not piracy because this game was canceled and was never for sale.. But if it is shoot me a message/remove it from my post and I won't post it again...

Here's my copy of the .iso that will work on PSP/eCFW: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03t2R ... sp=sharing

Change file name from SRFIX.iso to SRFIX.ISO and it will run on Vita, forgot to do this and am too lazy to re-upload
Last edited by HarmfulMushroom on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Games”