Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

MHFU or God Eater Burst?

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
krysodlak

Re: MHFU or God Eater Burst?

Post by krysodlak »

But I think they messed up the difficulty in MHP3rd, it's just way too easy. Mainly because a big number of the weapons have the sidestep, which has a huge invincibility frame, so you can dodge through any attack effortlessly. Also, it's very much possible to plow through the whole game with a single weapon type, whereas in MHFU, you have to adapt to monsters and try different weapon types to hunt effectively. But the new weapon mechanics in Portable 3rd are definitely great.
As I've said earlier, start with MHP3rd, and if you get bored of it, move on to MHFU.
Advertising
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

krysodlak wrote:But I think they messed up the difficulty in MHP3rd, it's just way too easy. Mainly because a big number of the weapons have the sidestep, which has a huge invincibility frame, so you can dodge through any attack effortlessly. Also, it's very much possible to plow through the whole game with a single weapon type, whereas in MHFU, you have to adapt to monsters and try different weapon types to hunt effectively. But the new weapon mechanics in Portable 3rd are definitely great.
As I've said earlier, start with MHP3rd, and if you get bored of it, move on to MHFU.
If there is still someone comparing these two games keep in mind that Lord of Arcana is a more likely game to MHFU except than the enemies instead of animals monsters there are fantasy type monsters in that game but environment is the same as MHFU not taking place in a science fiction environment as in God Eater Burst and also weapons are conventional as in MHFU.
Advertising
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
Tigrexx007

Post by Tigrexx007 »

On a sidenote, "Lord of Arcana" is garbage. Don´t waste your time on that game. If you folks don´t like MHFU and/or Gods Eater, and you also got a Vita, try Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice or Freedom Wars. Those three are also very nice hunting games.
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

Tigrexx007 wrote:On a sidenote, "Lord of Arcana" is garbage. Don´t waste your time on that game. If you folks don´t like MHFU and/or Gods Eater, and you also got a Vita, try Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice or Freedom Wars. Those three are also very nice hunting games.
Be more specific, what you don't like about LoA ? Its the 13th most difficult game in the gamefaq list. Its graphics, game mechanic, colours all wonderful.

Bosses in that game are really challenging. And one last thing I love the way it keeps a log for each battle, this way you can see how many times you fought with a certain boss how much time it take.
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow

Return to “Games”