Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Coded Arms - Best FPS

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
FruG3rT

Coded Arms - Best FPS

Post by FruG3rT »

Doing a search and I only got about one result, so I thought I'd make a thread about probably the best FPS for the PSP (imo), Coded Arms.

Made by Konami in 2005, it has a great combat system, an interesting story, and an infinite number of randomly generated leaves after the main story. It would also be great on the Vita with the 2nd analog stick so I hope to see it on there eventually.

Here's an IGN link: http://www.ign.com/games/coded-arms/psp-682976

And a YouTube: http://youtu.be/jSXRtcuzD20

Enjoy :D and discuss/
Advertising
Vita 1001: OFW 3.01
PSP 1000: 3.90 m33-3
PSP 2000: 6.60 ME 1.8
I can never catch an exploit, for the life of me.
fouadtjuhmaster

Re: Coded Arms - Best FPS

Post by fouadtjuhmaster »

I did not enjoy this game..
Advertising
Bato

Post by Bato »

This was one of the first games I had bought for my PSP. Having a portable FPS was amazing at the time. Unfortunately, it hasn't aged well. Most of the level designs are similar and boring, and the ammo system might be the worst that I've ever seen in a game.

One thing that I've never been able to find is a complete list of every pickup (guns, armor, etc.) in the game, and the areas at which you pick them up. So, I ended up making my own. I can post it if anyone's interested.
Terricule

Post by Terricule »

There's also a sequel. I don't know how good it is, but it did have online multiplayer at one point. I was so hyped for it years back, but I remember it being repeatedly delayed.
marcopolo4

Post by marcopolo4 »

I have the sequel. It's called codes arms contagion. It is one of the best fps on the psp. The graphics weren't bad for its time, the gameplay was a bit repetitive. I'm not sure I'd want to play it on the Vita if it was on the PSN store, as I probably played it and enjoyed it because it was the best there was at the time. Star wars battlefront 2 was also fun, but controlled poorly and needed a better auto aim to compensate.
mindglitch

Post by mindglitch »

oh man, this game brings back memories. me and a buddy of mine used to play this game all the time. my favorite aspect was the randomly generated levels. i was able to enjoy the challenge in that and look past the small stuff like "bad" controls. as said above, the game was the **** back in those days but the last time i tried to play it (a year or so ago) i just didn't have the same enthusiasm.

if you can play a fps game, have fun and enjoy the ride, definitely try this game out. just dont go in expecting triple a game status.
-always use the search function before asking and if you receive help from anyone, say thanks and remember to pay it forward.
[spoiler]#387843 by dgjg0622
Tue May 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Me too,i can't install it, i am not back up, i can't update,I want dead[/spoiler]
zack0niel

Post by zack0niel »

Wow, someone likes this game as much as I do. I played this game on day 1 when I got the psp at launch along with NFS rivals (one of the best racers on the psp) Codded arms is unique in that it felt like it had lite Rpg/rouge elements with great graphics.. the one thing I dint get is how to actually finish the game since there is no ending the levels keep going on endlessly. I bought a psp go today (my last one was stolen few years back) loving it. Small light excellent controls will be loading my copy of coded arms on it :D

By the way what did you think of codded arms 2? I heard its nothing like the first one?
KillerM33

Post by KillerM33 »

i would not say this is the best fps but what i do know is that this game brought hundreds of hours of enjoyment for me and my uncle....we played this together on our psps....sighghhhhh.....good memories,the nostalgia...........................yesterdaysdreams.......wow
TecXero

Post by TecXero »

Without my joystick and mouse, I have troubles enjoying FPSs. If you're fine with with dropping the first person part and just play a shooter, I'd recommend Star Soldier and Gradius.
PSP Slim CFW 6.60 ME-2.2
Wii 4.3 d2x cIOS v10-alt Beta53 Base 56 & 57
hinata

Post by hinata »

I always have trouble enjoying any FPS since it always had the same old brown and grey military rubbish and this was no different but for shooters I really enjoyed the 3rd birthday since it was actually fun otherwise it was shumps for me.
PS Vita 1002 - OFW 3.51 Rejuvenate
PS Vita 2002 - OFW 3.60 HENkaku
Vita TV - OFW 3.60 HENkaku

Return to “Games”