Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Star Ocean 2

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
gameboydl

Star Ocean 2

Post by gameboydl »

I bought star ocean first departure way back when and finished it but when i bought and started on the second evolution it really bothered me graphics-wise because it was much muddier and clearly not as good looking. It was to the point where i didnt play for more than an hour, was that a mistake to not play it? or should i give it another go on the vita?
Advertising
Timber

Re: Star Ocean 2

Post by Timber »

Star Ocean: First Departure was a pretty good remake of the classic and beautiful 96' Famicom (SNES) version Star Ocean: Fantastic Space Odyssey, although the new 3D maps threw me off a bit. The second installment Star Ocean: Second Evolution is a remake of the 98' PSX version Star Ocean: The Second Story, which was created originally in the 2D 3D world, it wasn't as good looking but still pretty decent gameplay and story.
Advertising
davey8384

Post by davey8384 »

Star Ocean 2 is one of my favorite RPG's on the PSX next to FF7. The remake for the PSP is more like just a great port to a mobile device. The story is great and engaging despite the visuals. If you're into stories and the experience, I would definitely recommend seeing this game through, at least once. :-)
Steven

Post by Steven »

I didn't like some changes they made on the remake so yeah i still prefer the PSX version over the remake and i still have the original cd and is working fine so yeah i can just extract and convert it for my psp. :D

EDIT: The story, graphics (not that bad it was actually decent IMO probably because i played it during the PSX era) and about the sound/sfx etc. I love it 8-)

for me who played it more than once i suggest giving it a second chance. :D

Return to “Games”