Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] God of War HD Collection Remastered Videos 2.0 - Revisited

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Evillurker

[Release] God of War HD Collection Remastered Videos 2.0 - Revisited

Post by Evillurker »

Since reddit delete my post for no reason I decided to post it here.
Originally created by Meganubis » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:00 am @ wololo.net
Original thread: viewtopic.php?t=47146

I've always been a hardcore GoW fan, and the PS Vita collection only made it even more perfect for me.
Playing GoW anywhere I want was a real dream come true. But it looked horrible!
The vita scene took over it and sharpened its graphics using VitaGrafix to a stunning detail and FPS.
The remastered videos made it even more perfect, and it really shined.
But it always bothered me that the aspect ratio was off, the quality was not 100% as it should be (maybe 90% better)
and there were bugs, like when Kratos is talking to Athena and the audio goes out of sync, or when Kratos gets impaled
by Ares and the sound cuts off completely, or the even weirder issue where NTSC versions had a Roman soldier
sacrificed while the PAL versions had a zombie in GoW1. Last but not least, in GoW2 the Perseus intro scene
had a completely different sound from another video which ruined the experience for me.

Being a perfectionist, I started digging deep and experimenting in converting videos and audio using the RAD tool because
that was the only way to encode those movies.

So after a lot of experiments, I finally not only made a better quality, but I also cut the size in 400mb less for the 450kbps version!
The FPS was increased to 30 instead of the annoying 25 and the remastered videos are now taken directly from the
PS3 with the quality untouched.

Some notes to consider:
There were videos in the PS Vita which weren't available on the ps3 such as when the Oracle dies from the rope fall on GoW1,
so I haven't touched those - I used the original remastered versions of them. There were only 1 or 2 untouched videos like that
so it's not that big of a deal.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy, long live the vita scene and long live Kratos!

Bugs Fixed from previous remastered version:
- Fixed Out of sync audio on the Athena talking to Kratos from the beginning of GoW 1
- Fixed audio cutting off after Ares impales Kratos (Gow1)
- Fixed the roman soldier/zombie sacrifice differing from US/EU versions (Included both versions)
- Fixed wrong audio scene from the intro of Perseus on GoW2

Additional note:
I saw some people reported a bug with GoW2 60FPS hanging / freezing when using the Pegasus but personally
I have never encountered this bug. Maybe it happens only on the US version? I finished the EU version without any bugs
on 60FPS so I don't know about that.
I will soon start working on a subtitled movies version of this.
I honestly think the 300kbps version is pretty bad so I didn't include it, however I'm not ruling out anything.

Installation:
----------------
There are 2 versions of GoW Collection: USA (PCSA00126) (SCEA) and the European (PCSF00438) (SCEE)
You need to use rePatch in order to install this mod.
Once you have repatch installed, you have to install it to the version you picked.

PCSA00126 Install Guide
--------------------------------
1. Create the folder PCSA00126 in your ux0:/rePatch
2. Copy the included exec folder to your ux0:/rePatch/PCSA00126 folder
3. Navigate to ux0:/repatch/exec/_movies/PSP2/gow1
4. Make sure the folder inside is named "SCEA"
5. Copy the included file to the SCEA folder that is located inside the folder I included named "USA (Roman Soldier)"
6. You're done, enjoy the game!

PCSF00438 Install Guide
--------------------------------
1. Create the folder PCSF00438 in your ux0:/rePatch
2. Copy the included exec folder to your ux0:/rePatch/PCSF00438 folder
3. Navigate to ux0:/repatch/exec/_movies/PSP2/gow1
4. Make sure the folder inside is named "SCEE"
5. Copy the included file to the SCEE folder that is located inside the folder I included named "Europe (Zombie)"
6. You're done, enjoy the game!

I also provided the tools needed to do the mods yourself.

mega(dot)nz/file/7GxFBaIZ#HSg4lWamaYpULhSqaI75-E6aLj36zh9jSFy45OOvbRU

For bug reports please use this thread or contact me on discord. EvilLurker#3059
Advertising

Return to “HENkaku”