Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] Chocolate Doom (also supports Heretic, Hexen and Strife)

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
GMane

Re: [RELEASE] Chocolate Doom (also supports Heretic, Hexen and Strife)

Post by GMane »

I don't know if I'm just being a real dummy pants or not but I've tried to load quite a few "vanilla compatible" doom wads with this to no avail, I'm not sure if they're just not compatible or if I'm doing something wrong? Is there a certain technique to loading them or are the ones I'm trying to load clearly not vanilla enough

I've tried stuff like btsx, scythe, unholy realms, epic2, dtwid, doom 2 reloaded and stuff like that but none of it has worked
Advertising
fgsfds

Post by fgsfds »

GMane wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:51 pm ...
I have not personally tried any of those WADs, but I would suggest trying the "Merge file" option instead of loading them as PWADs, if you haven't tried that already. Also make sure you have Doom 2 selected when trying to run those, as (if I recall correctly) all of them are for Doom 2. And don't forget to select the DEH file for WADs that come with one.
Advertising
GMane

Post by GMane »

fgsfds wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:09 pm
GMane wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:51 pm ...
I have not personally tried any of those WADs, but I would suggest trying the "Merge file" option instead of loading them as PWADs, if you haven't tried that already. Also make sure you have Doom 2 selected when trying to run those, as (if I recall correctly) all of them are for Doom 2. And don't forget to select the DEH file for WADs that come with one.
Okay I'll try the merge option as that's not one I've actually tried, cheers dude
Viy

Post by Viy »

Worked fine for days... until all my saves make it crash.

HERETIC:
Error
Incomplete read in SV_Read : Expected 4, got 3 bytes.

DOOM:
Error
Unknown tclass 255 in savegame

Pretty frustrating after hours of gameplay :)
I still can play but I will now wait for a more stable version or a gzdoom port if there's no way to fix it..
khades

Post by khades »

Wish i had any idea how to port games to vita, cause i really dig your launcher, but chocolate doom is kinda limiting when it comes to doom wads, i'd love to see prboom-plus
01y

Post by 01y »

khades wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:16 am Wish i had any idea how to port games to vita, cause i really dig your launcher, but chocolate doom is kinda limiting when it comes to doom wads, i'd love to see prboom-plus
You can already run it using Retroarch. Was considering making a standalone version, as a matter of fact. Not sure what the substantive differences (not platform-related) are between the Sourceforge 2.5.1.5 version and the libretro port, though. Perhaps a good strategy would be to take the LR version as a base and merge back SDL stuff in all the places where libretro stuff is. Would also be looking into some kind of /idgames integration in the launcher for super low-friction installation and launching of mods.
khades

Post by khades »

01y wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:54 am You can already run it using Retroarch. Was considering making a standalone version, as a matter of fact. Not sure what the substantive differences (not platform-related) are between the Sourceforge 2.5.1.5 version and the libretro port, though. Perhaps a good strategy would be to take the LR version as a base and merge back SDL stuff in all the places where libretro stuff is. Would also be looking into some kind of /idgames integration in the launcher for super low-friction installation and launching of mods.
Retroarch's prboom engine is not as good as it might seem to be, its refresh rate unlocking speeds up gameplay, instead of just increasing refresh rate, its limited to 4:3 aspect ratio, and its not usefull enough for wad picking. Also ita basic prboom with some prboom-plus backported fixes.
Viy

Post by Viy »

Just to know,
anybody had the same saves problem as me (see below) ?
is there any plans for an update ?
Matthewsavant

Post by Matthewsavant »

Why does it only have the shareware versions in it?
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

You need to find the full versions, they're illegal to include.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “HENkaku”