Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] Chocolate Doom (also supports Heretic, Hexen and Strife)

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
fgsfds

Re: [RELEASE] Chocolate Doom (also supports Heretic, Hexen and Strife)

Post by fgsfds »

Chris_Highwind wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:58 pm Is there a way to build what's in the github repo already? For me the game plays just fine, I would just like to have the ability to run Chex Quest without needing to change the filename.
Yes, there is. Read README.Vita.md in the repo for build instructions.
Advertising
Smoker1

Post by Smoker1 »

Super Mario Doom Wads do not work. Tried loading them, but it either Closes on me or just runs regular Doom
Advertising
PS3(BC60GB): 4.65 Rebug CFW
PSP 3000 (03g): 6.20 PRO-C2 (128GB->MicroSD Adapter)
Vita: 3.65 Enso HENkaku - Vita(3G) 400GB+SD2Vita (256GB)
N3DS XL : 11.8 Luma3DS
GPD XD1 (64GB) Rooted
GPD Win1
fgsfds

Post by fgsfds »

Smoker1 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:55 am Super Mario Doom Wads do not work. Tried loading them, but it either Closes on me or just runs regular Doom
Which Mario WADs? There's like a dozen of them, and most are not compatible with vanilla Doom.
When the game closes without a crash dump, it produces a log file named i_error.log in ux0:/data/chocolate/. You can take a look at it to find out what exactly caused the crash.
MysticalLiete

Post by MysticalLiete »

I have created some .cfg files that allow you to use .ogg music. Or more accurately, I have edited the existing .cfg files for the .flac files to use the .ogg files compatible with the Vita port. I literally opened the .cfg files and changed all the .flac extensions to .ogg. Chocolate Doom does not seem to care if the SHA1 hashes are correct.

Create /data/chocolate/music/. Go to Roland SC-55 Music Packs and download the .ogg packs for Doom, Doom 2 and Final Doom. You can also get the Hexen music pack here. These archives will contain a folder called MUSIC. Rename this folder to either doom1-music, doom2-music, tnt-music, hexen-music, heretic-music or strife-music depending on the game and copy that folder to /data/chocolate/music/. Also copy the .cfg files from the attached archive into /data/chocolate/music.

You should end up with the following structure:

music/
----[gamename]-music/
--------<OGGs here>
----[gamename]-music.cfg

Now in the Chocolate Doom settings, switch the sound from OPL3 to Digital and enjoy glorious Roland SC-55 music.

EDIT - Some are reporting that the .cfg for Hexen in the attached pack doesn't work properly. Use the one from the above link instead.
Attachments
vitadoomogg_cfg.zip
Chocolate Doom cfg files
(8.26 KiB) Downloaded 822 times
Last edited by MysticalLiete on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a.k.a sj33
fgsfds

Post by fgsfds »

Release 2 is now out.

Notable changes:
  • added multiple different scaling filters (thanks to rsn8887 and frangarcj), among them the sharp bilinear filter, which eliminates pixel distortion, but still keeps the pixelated look;
  • added "fit to screen" scaling mode;
  • added very basic multiplayer support: you can host servers, join Internet and LAN games by IP and use the "autojoin" option to find and join the first suitable game on your local network;
  • added mouse emulation mode for right stick, which allows for more precise turning control;
  • launcher now detects Chex Quest, FreeDoom 1 & 2 and FreeDM IWADs properly;
  • new LiveArea design by maken/tiduscrying;
  • added more options to the launcher and slightly restructured the tabs;
  • some bugfixes and slightly increased performance.
MysticalLiete wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:31 am ...
Thank you, this is very useful. I think the SHA1 hashes are for the original music files, so the engine knows what music to replace even if it's in a different WAD or renamed. I've added a link to your post to the OP.
Artem6

Post by Artem6 »

Huge gratitude Friend!! Now I can play normal Doom anywhere!! ;)
Can be expected in the near future on the Build Engine (shadow warrior, blood) ?? :)
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

MysticalLiete wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:31 am I have created some .cfg files that allow you to use .ogg music.
(...)
Now in the Chocolate Doom settings, switch the sound from OPL3 to Digital and enjoy glorious Roland SC-55 music.
Thanks for these great instructions... I was wondering if the music would work.

Did you use the "boosted" or the "raw" music? I don't know which one is better.

EDIT: I found an explanation on the site itself:
"Also included are alternate uncompressed "raw" packs which contain unmolested audio data. The regular packs are boosted and slightly compressed. I recommened the boosted pack for gameplay as the sound effects have a tendency to drown out the music, but if you're an audiophile who wants the exact perfect reproduction without any bells, whistles, or other form of enhancements, then the raw packs are for you!"
Smoker1

Post by Smoker1 »

fgsfds wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:12 pm
Smoker1 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:55 am Super Mario Doom Wads do not work. Tried loading them, but it either Closes on me or just runs regular Doom
Which Mario WADs? There's like a dozen of them, and most are not compatible with vanilla Doom.
When the game closes without a crash dump, it produces a log file named i_error.log in ux0:/data/chocolate/. You can take a look at it to find out what exactly caused the crash.
The 2 I tried are just labeled as
Mariodm.WAD
SMDGZv1.3.wad
PS3(BC60GB): 4.65 Rebug CFW
PSP 3000 (03g): 6.20 PRO-C2 (128GB->MicroSD Adapter)
Vita: 3.65 Enso HENkaku - Vita(3G) 400GB+SD2Vita (256GB)
N3DS XL : 11.8 Luma3DS
GPD XD1 (64GB) Rooted
GPD Win1
deathblade200

Post by deathblade200 »

MysticalLiete wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:31 am I have created some .cfg files that allow you to use .ogg music. Or more accurately, I have edited the existing .cfg files for the .flac files to use the .ogg files compatible with the Vita port. I literally opened the .cfg files and changed all the .flac extensions to .ogg. Chocolate Doom does not seem to care if the SHA1 hashes are correct.

Create /data/chocolate/music/. Go to Roland SC-55 Music Packs and download the .ogg packs for Doom, Doom 2 and Final Doom. You can also get the Hexen music pack here. These archives will contain a folder called MUSIC. Rename this folder to either doom1-music, doom2-music, tnt-music, hexen-music, heretic-music or strife-music depending on the game and copy that folder to /data/chocolate/music/. Also copy the .cfg files from the attached archive into /data/chocolate/music.

You should end up with the following structure:

music/
----[gamename]-music/
--------<OGGs here>
----[gamename]-music.cfg

the SHA1 hashes are for the music they are replacing not for the ogg music just an fyi
fgsfds

Post by fgsfds »

Smoker1 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:26 am The 2 I tried are just labeled as
Mariodm.WAD
SMDGZv1.3.wad
The second one requires GZDoom, can't find any info on the first one. You can try using the "Merge file" option with it, maybe it'll work. If it doesn't, then it likely requires at least Boom features or something.

Return to “HENkaku”