Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaXash3D

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Pyrometheous

Re: [RELEASE] vitaXash3D

Post by Pyrometheous »

kolorange wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:30 pm I can look around and get off the ladder by jumping, but I can't climb up/down. This means I can't progress in the test chamber. Am I missing something or have I run into a bug? I'm using the latest version.
I've been running into the same issue. Have you discovered a fix?
Advertising
Hardin

Post by Hardin »

Half life on the go. Hot dang, it feels unreal every time i play it. I was stuck at a section with some kind of turret in a wall because the game kept freezing past that but hopefully this update fixes it. Just have to get to it again.

Thank you very much, “fgsfds”.
Advertising
carrom

Post by carrom »

Hi, I've installed the latest release (4) but I'm not able to invert y-axis.
I've also edited the config.txt but it seems to have no effect at all.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
mrkhaosk21

Post by mrkhaosk21 »

Hi fgsfdsfgs,

First of all, thank you for your work on the port and congratulations for the achievements until now!

I finally decided to register on the forums to give some feedback to the community and give some appreciations on the work of the PSP/PSVIta homebrew after all these years... I have follow the evolution of the homebrew from the arm-based GP32-console days, but it seemed that i always arrive a bit late to these communites, but ill try to give here my two-cents...

I have tested your Xash3D port in two flavors, on Vita-PSH1004+Henkaku and later i moved the content to a PSP-Street-E1004+CFW6.60:

On Vita, after following the installation instructions, using my Half-Life Data from my Steam account, i tested Blue-Shift quickly and im actually playing the CSS-Darkstar mod which managed to find from the web. I tweaked some preferences and im using a mixed touchscreen+left pad input configuration to play,... everything worked quite well: Generally speaking the game is playable with no crashes at least, i could remember now, including savestates... Darkstar have some graphics glitches on the space background but goes well within the first hour... After some time of playing and advancing levels eventually after a new level loaded, all textures will fail to load and all models are Decal-rendered, but the game keeps running, although a bit annoying id rather keep on playing and eventually restart the whole engine after some save,...

A few days ago i found this PSP build on Internet Archive.org (v49/0.20 psp-mipsel build 2127) which i couldnt get any information, so i dont know if this your work or where can i have support, so im commenting here also, or move to a new thread if requested... As commented before i am using CFW6.60 with no extra plugins activated...
On this case, I moved all the game data as i have configured on the Vita to a PSP Stick and without overwriting the valve directory, i moved the rest of the files,... The EBOOT starts fine and main menu works. Depending on the selected options, some of them crashes the program. I dont know if mod support is enabled, but i also tried CSS-DarkStar and crashed,... I tried to run Half-Life but it crashes just at game start with the HL Logo screen and the "graph out of date..." debug message... Finally i tested the Hazard Course and i could finish completely, although i changed the remap during gameplay using L-Trigger as crouch to pass the Jetpac-zone... A new combination of L-Trigger+Buttons would be needed in the engine, but im also thinking if using CWcheat plugin and the remap function would also work , the general gameplay is fine with a very good FPS... I suppose this build have been prepared with 64mbs in mind,... I have to find the time to test on a PSP-2000+ with a broken screen i have laying around through TV-OUT...

Although im a bit out of resources and a bit lazy with several unfinished projects, i would like to request some advices and see if someone is interested to port the Shockolate-System Shock engine to PSP/PSVIta... A few month ago i tried to setup a pspsdk development environment using windows and managed to achieve some results using the PSP-JAVA emulator and the code from The System Shock Hack Project. There are interesting correlations between Half-Life and System Shock that i was unaware, but seems that this projects is forced to remain unforgotten because of the great legacy that suppose for the FPS genre...

Hope this is useful for anyone.

Regards!

@B^)>

Return to “HENkaku”