Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE][DEV] ShipLog

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
dots_tb

[RELEASE][DEV] ShipLog

Post by dots_tb »

ShipLog is a series of applications which allows the simple monitoring of vita stdio.

This allows developers to monitor their app in situations where using libraries who provide this function are not applicable. Examples of these situations are when the screen is not initialized, drawing to screen is not possible, where net functions are not possible, or in plugin development. It also show output from some retail games.

ShipLog includes:
  • A kernel plugin which handles system wide stdout, including stderr.
  • A user plugin that launches a real time monitoring solution. Net is supported at the moment, USB serial is planned.
  • A supplementary net plugin to allow real time monitoring.
  • A main application which allows for configuration and forcing logs out of memory. (requires escalated privileges at the moment to write log files, feel free to check the code)
Further instructions of usage and installation are provided in the readme.

Note: This application is mostly for Developer use. It contains a kernel plugin with escalated privileges and I am not responsible for any damage it causes.
Download: https://github.com/dots-tb/ShipLog/releases

Screenshot of configuration app:

Example of stdio:

Code: Select all

#what happens when you first start henkaku:
Cleaning up...

HENkaku was successfully installed
(the application will close automatically in 3s)
sceShellUtilUnlock: 0
#what happens when you start USB in vitashell:
[MTP USBH] Error Run(113): sceKernelWaitEventFlag failed: 0x80028007
Thanks to Team_Molecule for Taihen (special thanks to xyz for sceIoWrite tip), the Kancolle dev team, xepri, frangarcj, TheFlow, and Freakler.
Also everyone at #vitasdk, and especially yifan lu for trying to help.

Extra special thanks to zecoxao, coburn64, and yasen!
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [RELEASE][DEV] ShipLog

Post by Rinnegatamante »

How did you get net module to properly work in a user plugin?

I'm trying to start it on a suprx and i always get a freeze screen on games/homebrews startup whatever call i do to sceNet/sceNetCtl.
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
dots_tb

Post by dots_tb »

Rinnegatamante wrote:How did you get net module to properly work in a user plugin?

I'm trying to start it on a suprx and i always get a freeze screen on games/homebrews startup whatever call i do to sceNet/sceNetCtl.
I did it the same way it was done for vitamin plugins. Its a bit iffy and needs to start when all the net stuff is already loaded, you could probably hook SceSysmodule but I personally can never get that to work. So ShipLog just uses a timer hooked to when the graphics start :/.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

dots_tb wrote:
Rinnegatamante wrote:How did you get net module to properly work in a user plugin?

I did it the same way it was done for vitamin plugins. Its a bit iffy and needs to start when all the net stuff is already loaded, you could probably hook SceSysmodule but I personally can never get that to work. So ShipLog just uses a timer hooked to when the graphics start :/.
Found out that i was linking the wrong libs (standard one and not the weak imports). Got it working now ;)
dots_tb

Post by dots_tb »

Rinnegatamante wrote:
dots_tb wrote:

Found out that i was linking the wrong libs (standard one and not the weak imports). Got it working now ;)
Honestly didn't know it worked like that, thanks for the tip. :lol: Do you still even need net_modules?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

dots_tb wrote:Honestly didn't know it worked like that, thanks for the tip. :lol: Do you still even need net_modules?
Atm my plugin works fine without any extra stuffs, just a single suprx: https://twitter.com/Rinnegatamante/stat ... 5273803776

Return to “HENkaku”