Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] Switchkaku [VPK] [1.06]

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
luck

Re: [RELEASE] Switchkaku [VPK] [1.04]

Post by luck »

it was not able to find them because either the mail.db was absent or corrupted or the table was missing (db corrupted)

when you press select in switchkaku it will delete your current mail.db and it will create a new one.
that s why you will always find a mail.db when you press select.

this error only happens when the mail.db is corrupted.
you can reproduce this by uninstalling and installing the exploit many times consecutively and, if an error happens during the installation, the result will be a malformed mail.db

that s way i added the select option :)
Advertising
Pockets69

Post by Pockets69 »

Yeah

the select does delete mail.db and replaces it with a mail.db with 0kb, the issue is if you press start to install the exploit it won't because mail.db is empty.

You need to press select to create the mail.db and exit out of switchkaku, then get into the mail app and once you exit the mail app, mail.db is now 88kb and now the exploit can be installed.

entering switchkaku and pressing start now works and the exploit files are installed.

EDIT: found an issue with the latest version of switchkaku

- once you install the files and switch from taihen to henkaku, there is no going back and the switchkaku app doesn't run again(Error C1-9649-8) (unless i install taihen through the browser), molecularshell doesn't run either (C1-9649-8)

Other apps like retroarch are working fine.

But switchkaku and molecular shell are erroring out, without it i can't switch back to taihen.

(this worked perfectly fine with 1.03, i tried it just before trying 1.04)
Advertising
luck

Post by luck »

the mail.db is perfectly fine here
try to delete ux0:data/switchkaku and install switchkaku again.

you don t need to open the mail app if you press select and you don t need to restart switchkaku.

i just tested henkaku and yes you are right!
i compiled switchkaku with the latest toolchain and molecular is probably compiled with the latest toolchain.
this means that the latest toolchain breaks henkaku or henkaku needs to be updated.

i will compile switchkaku with an older toolchain but i cannot fix molecular.

about the mail.db, it is fine, unless you have a corrupted db in data/switchkaku.
Pockets69

Post by Pockets69 »

well mail.db is only perfectly fine if i go to the mail app after pressing select in switchkaku, BUT i will try what you suggest and report back.

Ah I think it's ok, compile it with the old if you can please, i don't mind if molecular doesn't run in henkaku because vitashell does, what is essential is switchkaku running on both henkaku and taihen, so we can switch, so if you could recompile I would very much appreciate it :)

Thank you so much luck.

EDIT1:

ok deleted data/switchkaku, re-installed switchkaku, still the same behavior :( mail.db is still 0kb, oh well i can just open the mail app and it fixes it.

Will be awaiting for the new build of switchkaku to fix the switching xD

again thanks for the help luck
Last edited by Pockets69 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luck

Post by luck »

Yeah, tomorrow i will do this.

Please try to reinstall everything, i have no problems with select here.
I just did a reset 5 times and everything went as expected
luck

Re: [RELEASE] Switchkaku [VPK] [1.04.1]

Post by luck »

new vpk is up and it does boot with henkaku

edit:
is the mail.db 0kb in the vpk or in your data folder?
i see no reasons for this to happen unless the copy function does not work correctly due to unknown reasons in your vita.
Pockets69

Post by Pockets69 »

hey Luck

The mail.db was 0kb on the ux0: email\message, on the vpk I just checked and mail.db is 88kb (as it should be), but when i install switchkaku the 1.4 version the mail.db isn't copied to data, i just installed the old 1.4 again, and notice that the /data/switchkaku is not created, I would love to know what the heck is going on here -.-', now that i installed the files with start (after opening the email app cause it doesn't work any other way) the files get copied and i do have the /data/switchkaku, i have a tai.swtype with 0kb and inside the exploits folder i have two folders one henkaku and the other tai, there is no mail.db (like in the vpk) i just don't know what is going on, better inside of tai and inside of the henkaku folder now i don't even get the exploit files, I really don't know what is going on, i ll try to install this with molecular shell ( i did install it with vita shel) this is a permission issue, but i just don't know why the **** this is happening i didn't do anything out of ordinary for this to happen, as for 1.4.1 i am experiencing the same, but this is not your fault or the app or anything, this is all on my end, i need to figure out the heck is going on.

thanks a lot luck, once i get it working ill report back.

EDIT1
Basically my switchkaku folder on data is 0kb, the folders and the structure are all there but no files are inside, i even tried 1.3 just now, which worked fine, and i even tested it yesterday and it worked now doesn't work just creates the folder structure but no files inside.

EDIT2
I give up, there is nothing i do that fixes this, I am just going to format the mem card and set everything to default on the vita, also re install 3.60, since i have backups here, ill just do that, what a **** waste of time this console is god dang.

EDIT3
So formatted the memory stick, restored settings to factory defaults, reflashed firmware 3.60 same thing happens, the same original error due to 0kb mail.db is still happening, when i press select mail.db is 0kb on /email/message/mail.db
although now the exploit files are in /data/switchkaku/exploits/tai and /data/switchkaku/exploits/henkaku so at least that is working.

Now to get all the doubts away, what should happen when the switchkaku.vpk is installed, is the switchkaku folder inside /data created immediately, or is it only created when i press start on the app to install the exploit files?
Because when I install switchkaku the /data/switchkaku folder is not there until I press start to install the files on the application.
luck

Post by luck »

the swtype is a like a flag file, thus 0kb is ok

i actually don t know how vpk are handled but i think the data folder is supposed to be installed by the installer

have you tried to copy the data folder with filezilla?
this way you manually install it and all the files will be there.
Pockets69

Post by Pockets69 »

i just did what you advised me to do, I copied the data/switchkaku manually through FTP, and now since mail.db is there, I do not get the error anymore YAY.

But it is indeed weird i had to go through all this, but oh well, I guess its fixed, but i should be aware that some stuff might not work as it should on my machine, and i can't figure out why.

Thank you so much for the help.
Yoti
VIP

Post by Yoti »

Mail database after reset is invalid for me too.

Edit#1: there is no "ux0:/data/switchkaku" folder until you try to install HEN from internet. After it you have no "ux0:/data/switchkaku/exploits/mail.db" file. May be better use app0 instead of ux0?
IF SOMEONE HAS AN 07G PSP-3000 PLZ CONTACT ME VIA PM.

Do not forget about adb kill-server. Really.

Return to “HENkaku”