Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tema V1 Beta

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Xam

Tema V1 Beta

Post by Xam »

I created a website that host vita shell themes and live area themes, with the help of an other developer.

Tema was created.
Tema allows you to download the themes directly through your PSVita web browser.
Similar to the way VPKMirror Direct Installer works.

http://vstema.com/tema
Advertising
Last edited by Xam on Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebudds

Re: Tema V1 Beta

Post by thebudds »

Very nice app, enjoying the Fallout live area theme right now. Pretty quick and easy.
Advertising
Traace

Post by Traace »

HI, thanks for your work.

I just loaded version 1.1 beta. But it got some issues with it.

I'm installed a vitashell theme, working fine after manual edit the theme.txt
Then i installed a live theme via "start" button method, but its now showing up.

Now i got an empty theme next to sonys stock in settings. If i click it, an error popping up, if I try to delete it, the system freezes until reboot.
Any change to get rid of it?
Xam

Post by Xam »

1.use the vita shell manager to set you vita shell theme without having to edit the txt file your self
2. did you copy over the customtheme folder to your vita ux0:customtheme
if you dont have that folder the themes will not install correctly and you get black themes
3.by pressing square, it will delete all themes and set you vita bad to the default live area theme
Traace

Post by Traace »

No doubt, placing the folders resolved that. Also my "empty" broken theme is now working :)

Thanks for the fast help
Typhoon_Neon

Post by Typhoon_Neon »

It's too bad most of the custom PS Vita themes have no more than 3 wallpaper for homescreens, or else I would be using them a lot more.
If you like my articles on the front page you can always check out the archive check out the archive and I have a Twitter too!
Bowden

Post by Bowden »

I usually only lurk this forum but I think that this app should get a small review on the front page. Right now, if you want to find a custom theme for your vita, you have to visit multiple sites in order to find one that you like (just to discover that the link doesn’t work anymore), and even though there is already an installer for custom themes it requires to connect the vita to you PC. I think that, with the appropriate advertising, this project can become something similar to the 3DS Scene for themes, where there is only one page to check for themes and everyday there are like a dozen new uploads. If the artists see that there is a single place to upload their creations and an easy way to download and install them directly from their vita that will improve the quantity and quality of the vita custom themes. Also, if the themes are being uploaded directly to the site that eliminates the risk of the links being taken down or expiring.

Sorry for the long post.
satan89

Post by satan89 »

This looks very promising. I will try it tonight. Does it show a preview before installing a theme?
CaSquall

Post by CaSquall »

Yeah great idea, there's just one thing that kinda ticks me off about these sites, peoples themes are uploaded without their knowledge and the only credit visible is the uploader.

This would prevent someone like myself (who takes great care when making something), from using said site as people can just easily take credit for someone else's work. I quickly found my henkaku theme on your site without my knowledge or consent (nor any indication where it came from or who made it)

If anyone expects any of these theme repositories to succeed, it has to be way less wild west about how you upload and make it so that you don't step on the toes of the people who spend their time doing these things.

I love the idea, but honestly if you want to include something made by someone else, the VERY least you can do is inform them.

Other than that,the site seems good, it's easy to use and understand, I would though personally prefer 2 or 3 screenshots of the themes (But I suppose you are trying to make it easy to use in the Vita browser)

-edit-
If you would care to remove my themes the site, I would be happy to register and actually use it myself.
Typhoon_Neon

Post by Typhoon_Neon »

Bowden wrote:I usually only lurk this forum but I think that this app should get a small review on the front page. Right now, if you want to find a custom theme for your vita, you have to visit multiple sites in order to find one that you like (just to discover that the link doesn’t work anymore), and even though there is already an installer for custom themes it requires to connect the vita to you PC. I think that, with the appropriate advertising, this project can become something similar to the 3DS Scene for themes, where there is only one page to check for themes and everyday there are like a dozen new uploads. If the artists see that there is a single place to upload their creations and an easy way to download and install them directly from their vita that will improve the quantity and quality of the vita custom themes. Also, if the themes are being uploaded directly to the site that eliminates the risk of the links being taken down or expiring.

Sorry for the long post.
There's an article about this app ready to go for a few hours now. Not a review but a release piece, I think that will help greatly for now. Don't worry, there's always someone from the frontpage lurking here to see what's worth reporting on ;)
If you like my articles on the front page you can always check out the archive check out the archive and I have a Twitter too!

Return to “HENkaku”