Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vitamin Dump and Save Files

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Fife Dawg

Vitamin Dump and Save Files

Post by Fife Dawg »

Hi i have dumped my Trails of Cold Steel cartridge using Vitamin 2.0 and the dump runs fine. I have a 20 hour save file from when i was playing the game cartridge but this does not seem to have carried across when i dumped the game. Before dumping, i backed up the save file to my pc using an FTP but when i try and inject the save file back into the ux0:/user/00/savedata/game id folder via FTP, the game does not recognise the save file. Am i doing something wrong as presumably when you dump one of your cartridges any existing save files should carry over?

Look forward to your help :)
Advertising
Oguri

Re: Vitamin Dump and Save Files

Post by Oguri »

iirc you can't use decrypted software with encrypted saves.
Same reason why you won't get dumped DLC to work with your encrypted games.
Advertising
Fife Dawg

Post by Fife Dawg »

Okay thanks but is there any way around this now that we have Vitamin 2.0 as I understand that we can now dump and use DLC.

Otherwise anyone who is half way through one of their games playing the cartridge would have to start again if they dumped the cartridge with Vitamin and starting playing from the memory card.

Is that correct?
sirauron14

Post by sirauron14 »

Yeah I'm having the same issue. I hope there becomes a way to make decrypted games work for encrypted saved. or a future Henkaku update enables it to do so. I have couple games I bought and have saves for that won't let me play.
LS7

Post by LS7 »

You can decrypt them i believe with this method which is probably the same method as mr gas trick. I have not tested just grabbed for you guys :D

https://m.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/commen ... save_data/
sirauron14

Post by sirauron14 »

LS7 wrote:You can decrypt them i believe with this method which is probably the same method as mr gas trick. I have not tested just grabbed for you guys :D

https://m.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/commen ... save_data/
Yeah this doesn't work. Its an actual legit game save I have I want decrypted. i don't have the game anymore but i want to pick up where I left off.
dobssy

Post by dobssy »

Use the old trick , the one where you must create a patch folder and edit app.db with an sqlite editor.
it works 100% , i did the same last night.
you can google ps vita savegame NPXS10000 and you will find plenty of tutorials.
dobssy

Post by dobssy »

after you get your savegame ( decrypted ) , install the rincheat plugin.
go to the game , create a new savegame , use rincheat to export decrypted savegame .
quit the game, go to vitashell , ux0:data/rincheat/<your_game_id> , delete the save that the game exported and put the save you dumped with the tutorial above.
then quit vitashell , go to your game again , start rincheat and import the save , and that's it.
samsara

Post by samsara »

This simplified method works all the time for me for all my games:

Note the title ID of the game. I'll call it TITLEID here.

If it's a cart game, insert cart now.

Go to ux0:patch/ and check if there is a folder named TITLEID already.

If it exists, rename it to something else, TITLEID_bck for example.

Go to ux0:app and check for MLCL00001, this is moleculeshell btw. Copy the folder MLCL00001 to ux0:patch.

Rename MLCL00001 in the patch folder to TITLEID.

Run the game and it will load moleculeshell instead.

Use FTP to transfer the content from savedata0: to your computer. This is the decrypted savedata.

This savedata can then be injected using rincheat's savedata import. Copy the decrypted savedata to:
ux0:/data/rinCheat/TITLEID_SAVEDATA ex. PCSG00215_SAVEDATA.
Use rincheat to import. Enjoy!

This method does not allow asset decryption, only savedata.
ness151

Post by ness151 »

samsara wrote:This simplified method works all the time for me for all my games:

Note the title ID of the game. I'll call it TITLEID here.

If it's a cart game, insert cart now.

Go to ux0:patch/ and check if there is a folder named TITLEID already.

If it exists, rename it to something else, TITLEID_bck for example.

Go to ux0:app and check for MLCL00001, this is moleculeshell btw. Copy the folder MLCL00001 to ux0:patch.

Rename MLCL00001 in the patch folder to TITLEID.

Run the game and it will load moleculeshell instead.

Use FTP to transfer the content from savedata0: to your computer. This is the decrypted savedata.

This savedata can then be injected using rincheat's savedata import. Copy the decrypted savedata to:
ux0:/data/rinCheat/TITLEID_SAVEDATA ex. PCSG00215_SAVEDATA.
Use rincheat to import. Enjoy!

This method does not allow asset decryption, only savedata.
This method doesn't currently work for games with two TitleID's (See: Gundam Breaker 3.)

Return to “HENkaku”