Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSA: Henkaku v2 lets you overclock GPU to 222mhz!

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Mithrot

PSA: Henkaku v2 lets you overclock GPU to 222mhz!

Post by Mithrot »

CLICK ME for the list of tested Vita games that benefit from overclocking!

Exactly what it says on the tin. This should explain the behavior in plugins like rinCheat or Better Amphetamin Plugin, where on certain games it doesn't let you go beyond 166mhz on the GPU or show any significant CPU gains beyond 333mhz. (Atleast, this was the case for my Vita 2000)

Why exactly its working like this, I have no idea. Reboot your Vita and test it for youself:

http://stary2001.co.uk/henkakuv2/
Advertising
Zeroba

Re: PSA: Henkaku v2 lets you overclock GPU to 222mhz!

Post by Zeroba »

It's not the Henkaku version, it's the game. Some games draw the max power the vita can handle, so that's why you can't overclock the gpu.
If the screen darkens when you open it, you can't overclock.
Advertising
Vita 1k 6.60 - HENkaku
PSP 3k 6.60 - PRO-C
Mithrot

Post by Mithrot »

It's not the Henkaku version, it's the game.
You sure about this? Because on the latest Henkaku (v5) Borderlands 2's GPU clock using Amphetamine only went up to 166mhz while v2 allowed me to go up to 222mhz. I have done nothing to the game, all I did was reboot my vita and switched to the older build.

Perhaps its not entirely Henkaku's fault, but this is the behavior I'm experiencing. I highly recommend anyone else willing to try this out themselves.
belforrrr

Post by belforrrr »

I can confirm that I experienced the same issue in two games I tried (Golden Time Vivid Memories and Atelier Ayesha Plus). I couldn't change GPU clock past 166 MHz in either v4 or 5 but can do so in v2.

Edit: Another thing I noticed. If you use offline installer with v2 you won't be able to go past 166 either. Only online installation works... It seems that offline installer requests the latest version of Henkaku from the web and that seems to be the reason why clock won't go past 166 if you use it instead of using online v2 installer...
damimavpl

Post by damimavpl »

Can someone make Video with this in Borderlands?? Please...
Team Maverick ONE --- We will back!!
Mithrot

Post by Mithrot »

Tough to do without a Vita TV and a recorder, sorry. You're just going to have to either trust what we're saying atm or test it yourself.
Zeroba

Post by Zeroba »

My previous statement was wrong, sorry for my ignorance!
Vita 1k 6.60 - HENkaku
PSP 3k 6.60 - PRO-C
Mithrot

Post by Mithrot »

Return to “HENkaku”