Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[v3.5-beta2] Better Amphetamin Plugin! [IMPROVED BETA]

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita

Due to some reports that this plugin crashes your Vita (PCH-1XXX) i have to ask if it does for you!

Crashes! D:
24%
Nope! :D
76%

Total votes: 62

tabnksg

Re: [UPDATE!] Better Amphetamin Plugin! [More Features]

Post by tabnksg » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:39 am

Changing GPU clock help making smoother gameplay.

Does CPU clock really work ? I'm used 111 MHz on CPU but no slow down or anything.
Advertising

BeatPlay

Re: [UPDATE!] Better Amphetamin Plugin! [More Features]

Post by BeatPlay » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:52 am

tabnksg wrote:Changing GPU clock help making smoother gameplay.

Does CPU clock really work ? I'm used 111 MHz on CPU but no slow down or anything.
All clockrates work but if the games default is 333/166/166 the game will turn the clock back up if you try setting it lower that means on a game with the clockrate 266/111/166 you can set CPU clocks between 266-444, BUS clocks between 111-222 and GPU clocks between 166-222.

But because some games (mostly 2D Games) dont turn clocks back up I included lower clocks down to 41mhz which is the lowest clock an A9 can reach without crashes.
Advertising
My Homebrews:

tabnksg

Re: [v3.1] Better Amphetamin Plugin! [Most accurate Ampheta

Post by tabnksg » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:12 am

That's explained everything

Anyway, reason I'm was trying to down clock so can get more gameplay time while on the go :D

lNJx0oAH

Post by lNJx0oAH » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Hello it crashe (ps vita will power off with a loading bar in ascii) some time but it's a lot more stable.
my model is PCH-1000 (color bleu) it's a JP region.
It Would be great to display the Version of the Plugin :).

Great work.

samsara

Post by samsara » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:03 pm

Some notes about OCing.

I've tried this on a lot of my games and it has yet to crash my Vita 1000. I think it may interrupt some I/O calls since Ys VIII [JP] played fine but without Adol's model visible. It was resolved just by not opening the plugin during loading scenes. Ys 8 goes from 25fps-30fps to constant 30fps the whole time. Makes the game a joy to play. This one was a mess to dump though.

All Atelier games work fine and they all benefit from the OCing, no more stutters!

Nights of Azure works fine now still has bad resolution but god, it framerate makes the game actually playable and actually worth playing.

Borderlands works fine and it smoothens the framerate so much.

All Senran games gets about 5-10fps more up to 30fps and are really more fluidy
All Falcom games works fine (I've all of them though Evo just gives better loading times). I'll say that I get about 25%-50% increase in performance for most games.

Gal*Gun's default clock speed is 111mhz and that shows in the gameplay... With OC, it plays very nice hitting about 20-30fps most of the times instead of 15-25fps.

sfa2miki

Post by sfa2miki » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:50 pm

Well, I tried Project DIVA-X and Limbo to test the plugin. In PD I can't see it, seems like doesn't work (Installed it with vitaorganizer-0.3). Limbo crashes (Installed it with VitaShell 1.1). I don't have much memory to test more games (Only 4gb) :cry:
Anyway, thanks for the work... :D

KennyWongYL

Post by KennyWongYL » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:55 am

Hi Beat,

If not troublesome, could you add version indication on the screen when pressing select? So we can easily keep track and identify which version is having problem?

Also I spotted the github have the latest changelog on 3.1.1, issit been uploaded as precompiled?
[spoiler]PS3 SLIM 1TB Rebug 4.80.1
PS2 FAT 400GB HDD
PSP 2K TA-085¹ 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP 3K TA-092 6.20 LME-2.3∞
PSP Go TA-091 6.20 LME-2.3∞
PSTV 3.60 Enso & Adrenaline 6.0-FIX
PSV 1K 3.60 Enso & Adrenaline 6.0-FIX
XBOX 360 E
Nintendo Wii
O3DS XL
O3DS[/spoiler]

ManaYagami

Post by ManaYagami » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:35 am

My Vita 1000 doesn't have any problems with this plugin.

And I'm also looking forward to the save settings feature, since HENkaku forces us to restart the games from time to time to avoid the save corruption bug.

dreamingpiggy

Re: [v3.2 update PR] Better Amphetamin Plugin!

Post by dreamingpiggy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:36 am

Hi, @BeatPlay
I have update a version 3.2 and make a lot of good changes, and create a pull requesxt . hope to see your opinion( The worest thing is that plugins withoust start entrance CAN'T use `libini` `libjansson` config file parser library so I just use simple "a=b" config file format :oops: ...)

Changelog V3.2 :
1. add GPU XBAR(Crossbar) frequency(need advanced setting), max is 166MHz
2. add config file config.txt for advanced setting and accurate frequency(5MHz per select), default is disabled, refer to readme
3. add battery temperature
4. add game TITLE_ID
5. little layout adjust

My repo: https://github.com/dreampiggy/BetterAmphetaminPlugin
Download: https://github.com/dreampiggy/BetterAmp ... n/releases
PR: https://github.com/BeatPlay/BetterAmphe ... gin/pull/3

BeatPlay

Re: [v3.2 update PR] Better Amphetamin Plugin!

Post by BeatPlay » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:43 am

dreamingpiggy wrote:Hi, @BeatPlay
I have update a version 3.2 and make a lot of good changes, and create a pull requesxt . hope to see your opinion( The worest thing is that plugins withoust start entrance CAN'T use `libini` `libjansson` config file parser library so I just use simple "a=b" config file format :oops: ...)

Changelog V3.2 :
1. add GPU XBAR(Crossbar) frequency(need advanced setting), max is 166MHz
2. add config file config.txt for advanced setting and accurate frequency(5MHz per select), default is disabled, refer to readme
3. add battery temperature
4. add game TITLE_ID
5. little layout adjust

My repo: https://github.com/dreampiggy/BetterAmphetaminPlugin
Download: https://github.com/dreampiggy/BetterAmp ... n/releases
PR: https://github.com/BeatPlay/BetterAmphe ... gin/pull/3
Thank you! But the code cant be compiled because of some errors... trying to fix them atm
My Homebrews:

Return to “HENkaku”