Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSA: Please Show More Respect To Devs

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Zeroba

PSA: Please Show More Respect To Devs

Post by Zeroba »

Hello, loyal Ps Vita scene. I'm rather new to this homebrew stuff, but I can tell when a black cloud is looming.
Over the past few days there's been nothing but clamouring for piracy, people begging for backups without even thinking of the people either developing the tools to make this possible, or thinking of all the other developers making amazing homebrew for the platform that allows (Unintentionally) your greedy piracy.

This is the kind of thing that is going to kill the scene and cause developers to leave, plenty of which already have.

I understand everyone is excited for the possibility of playing games they've never played before on their Vita, but please also remember the work amazing devs like Rinnegatamante for example are doing. (Many other amazing devs, just one that came to mind immediately.)
We have amazing support for open source ports, emulators, quality of life tools and homebrew games. Please don't let their hard work be for nothing. Stop demanding so much, please be thankful for what you have.
Remember that these people are not paid to make you software. They do it for their own enjoyment and to make the scene a better place.
Piracy is getting way too much attention and it's already affecting some homebrew devs.
There's only so many games that will be released for the vita, even less now that piracy is possible, but with homebrew devs that number could be infinite.
I'm begging you, vita scene, respect the developers no matter what they developed and do not let this magical scene die before it even has a chance to properly spread its wings.

Yours truly- A worried scene enthusiast.
(This isn't me saying I'm a golden child. I've pirated before. If you have or have not pirated isn't the point of this post.)
Advertising
Vita 1k 6.60 - HENkaku
PSP 3k 6.60 - PRO-C
Filippo94

Re: PSA: Please Show More Respect To Devs

Post by Filippo94 »

I fully agree, recently I've seen comments around the web which can only be described as disgusting.
You're leaving? Fine, at least release all your work
I'm just speechless, people do not even ask themselves what the situation is, and why some decisions are taken.

Most of Vita users did not touch the console in years, and now finally they have a reason to pick it up again. And they do not even think about the money these devs have saved them, bringing back to life around 300€ of console at day one. No, they just want more, and more, and now...

:?
Advertising
PSP Fat cfw 6.60 Pro-C2
PSVita Fat 3.60 taiHen
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

yeah, this kind of reminded me how people were with modders for fallout 4 on consoles, people just sometimes need to be patient and appreciative sometimes. now I'm not clean piracy wise either but that doesn't mean i don't use or appreciate the amazing work these devs did bringing a dead console back to life. i still have and use my Gameboy emulator or have a custom theme for my vita (angel beats btw) XD. anywho we definitely need a way to highlight more of the less piracy related works that are coming out. i mean there is already a forum for vita piracy, i can't give that away but google is your friend as well. i think the only reason why vita piracy is the big topic right now is because it is with the release of vitamin and multiple dumps. just wait until vitamin is officially released and maybe more homebrew like projects will start being showcased again, i mean i have hope :D
psp_revival

Post by psp_revival »

Unfortunately your plea will fall on deaf ears as we now live in the age of entitlement and the steamroller of greed.

Not that I am one of those people though.

Greetings to all developers.
PsP Go 6.61 - 2.3 LME
Vita TV 3.01 TN
PlayStation TV 3.60 HENkaku
PlayStation TV 3.63 ps+ Japan - USA
RPi2 Lakka
mambertx

Post by mambertx »

The only person who truly understands a dev is another dev.

Everyone asks to add features or modify just like if the app/program/VPK were some kind LEGO brick to disarm and assemble again. They don't know how hard it's to refactor code. Compile, test and debug.

I know, in my full-time job i develop too, and the users sadly don't understand all the time involved in the process to create and materialize and idea into an executable code.

It's not just coding involved thinking solving problems.

We the devs must be aware that many of the people *asking* (many times demandind LOL) those things have no idea what we do, and how we do. So feelings aside and do what we want to do in the way to we want to.

Of course constructive criticism is well received. Anyway you should listen to the crowd and accept any comments depending on the person who does it.

Keep up coding! 8-)
solidsnake

Post by solidsnake »

I live in a small college town and I have lived there for 30 years, working and running the stores and the restaurants. There are always certain students who are spoiled and ungrateful and throw loud parties and trash the town, then they have the nerve to tell me its a college town and I should move away. But what would they do without people like me to run the town stores and restaurants for them. They take it for granted and are disrespectful. Developers are like the locals of a small college town always working hard and those certain students are people who just take the devs work for granted. :|

Return to “HENkaku”