Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vita-IDU just corrupted my 64GB Memory Card

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
tardisidiot

Vita-IDU just corrupted my 64GB Memory Card

Post by tardisidiot »

I used Vita-IDU on my Vita, and it kept turning off the system. I was going to exit IDU mode when all of a sudden it turned off again, and on reboot I was told I needed to format my memory card. Does anyone know how I can keep my data? I haven't got backups of my saves, and I won't be able to get all my games on the system again due to being on 3.60.
Advertising
jdestroyer97

Re: Vita-IDU just corrupted my 64GB Memory Card

Post by jdestroyer97 »

Not that I know of but live lesson always keep back ups
Advertising
tardisidiot

Post by tardisidiot »

I normally do with my Vita, but my laptop has been having issues since November so I've been unable to make new backups since then.
niszczycielnpc

Post by niszczycielnpc »

I had also some fun with idu-mode :D
I was chcecking idu settings and then i accidentally clicked on format option in idu menu...
Unfortunately there was NO warning "YOU REALLY WANT TO FORMAT YOUR MEMORY CARD!?" soooo it begon to format it so i have took my memory card from slot but i think i was too late... now i have same error as you and my memory card is **** up... But i don't care :v i have one more card and i din't had any expencious files on it or games..
only some hombrews, p*rn videos xD and ofc some photos...
Ps. Those videos had for me a very big sentimental value sooo S0ny i want my money back xD
tardisidiot

Post by tardisidiot »

niszczycielnpc wrote:I had also some fun with idu-mode :D
I was chcecking idu settings and then i accidentally clicked on format option in idu menu...
Unfortunately there was NO warning "YOU REALLY WANT TO FORMAT YOUR MEMORY CARD!?" soooo it begon to format it so i have took my memory card from slot but i think i was too late... now i have same error as you and my memory card is **** up... But i don't care :v i have one more card and i din't had any expencious files on it or games..
only some hombrews, p*rn videos xD and ofc some photos...
Ps. Those videos had for me a very big sentimental value sooo S0ny i want my money back xD
You're really lucky. Mine had all my downloaded games, along with their saves. The most recent backups I was able to do was back in November, so everything I've done since then is lost.
Zeroba

Post by Zeroba »

I heard booting vita up with NO memory card in it, THEN inserting the card with the vita ON fixes it.
It might have been a one time rare case.
Vita 1k 6.60 - HENkaku
PSP 3k 6.60 - PRO-C
tardisidiot

Post by tardisidiot »

Zeroba wrote:I heard booting vita up with NO memory card in it, THEN inserting the card with the vita ON fixes it.
It might have been a one time rare case.
I tried that a few times to no avail. I ended up only having one choice, formatting my memory card.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

IDU mode fussed up my system as well with my 64gb card. It will no longer associate my CMA folder anymore. It looks for a null folder now that is all 0's instead of the usual one. I had to manually move everything but now it will not connect with QCMA I get an error about attribute not being associated with home python error using Vita update blocker. My net is off at home and Windows 10 sucks for tethering. Till my internet gets turned back on next week I am at a stand still. I have removed the IDU2CEX app totally and my PSTV is just not being used. Luckily my 16gb card nor my Vita gives me issues but I have to use USB when the 64gb is in the Vita as well.

Return to “HENkaku”