Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Converting PSP ISOs to PKG Files

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
aedando

Re: Converting PSP IOSs to PKG Files

Post by aedando »

Ch3ck3r wrote: You would need to get the pkg from somewhere or run the connection through a proxy sniffer thingy to get the pkg link yourself then just grab the rif from the PSP.

Why do everyone think about to get the .pkg from PSP, MediaGo or PS3? You only need one of them for your .rif license file. The .pkg can be downloaded from PC or whatever. You only need to search here for your .pkg http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... slinks.txt
If some .pkgs aren't there, any link should be found through google.
I tried the PKG I downloaded from there, and the PKG I downloaded with MediaGo. Neither worked, spat out the same error I listed in my post.

I am using 3.60 DEX (developer) Package Installer on CEX (retail), however when I look back in the post history I see that everyone here is using IDU (demo).

Can someone confirm for me if it works on CEX (retail) with the DEX Package Installer (developer)? If everyone here has done it on IDU (demo), that's probably the reason why I can't get it to install.
Advertising
slifer1231

Post by slifer1231 »

Yes you need to run in idu mode to install any game pkg files i got the same error with the dex package installer but when i changed to idu mode they would install
Advertising
aedando

Post by aedando »

slifer1231 wrote:Yes you need to run in idu mode to install any game pkg files i got the same error with the dex package installer but when i changed to idu mode they would install
Welp, tried to use IDU and now my Vita is FUBAR. Oh well.

Details for anyone who wants to laugh at me:

Installed IDU VPK
Enabled IDU
Enabled Update Blocker on my PC and put proxy info in
Disabled WiFi just to be safe, I use the offline HENkaku anyways
Rebooted
Everything but my homebrew is missing
Did an app.db rebuild, the only two system apps that are there are Welcome Park and Videos but everything else is intact

GG

EDIT: Oh ****, nvm UP+L+R+START works. We're in business boys.
slifer1231

Post by slifer1231 »

First plug in the power let the vita turn its self on

You need to hold L+R+up+start for 5 seconds to show the hidden icons

After that press the power button to put the vita into sleep mode.

Wait for the green light to turn off after this you can unplug the vita and wake it up and it wont turn off after 5 minutes anymore now yoh are free to install the pkgs
aedando

Post by aedando »

slifer1231 wrote:First plug in the power let the vita turn its self on

You need to hold L+R+up+start for 5 seconds to show the hidden icons

After that press the power button to put the vita into sleep mode.

Wait for the green light to turn off after this you can unplug the vita and wake it up and it wont turn off after 5 minutes anymore now yoh are free to install the pkgs
Yeah, I got my icons back. Thank you! Sometimes the email launcher for HENkaku gives me C2-12828-1 for no good reason, takes a few tries and then it works.

I'm proud to say that PACKAGE = EXPANDING.
Attachments
1454276839245.jpg
1454276839245.jpg (28 KiB) Viewed 6793 times
Ch3ck3r

Post by Ch3ck3r »

fate6 wrote:It will be a cold day in heck when I go to crackinformers site.
But yes I know there are many ways of getting the pkg but getting the actual link is best IMHO.
Ah, so you don't like Hackinformer? :D
Anyway, it is only a text list with a lot of sony's pkg-download links from sony's own servers. It isn't a tutorial or downloads from Hackinformer ^^
Blue PSP 3004: 6.61 LME-2.3 ∞
White PSP go N1004: 6.61 LME-2.3 ∞
Black PS Vita 1004: 3.60 変革-10 Ensō
Black PS TV 1016: 3.60 変革-10 Ensō
aedando

Post by aedando »

Alright, so I have the actual PKG for Crash Team Racing installed now, but I'm getting an error when I launch it telling me to re-download it -- C0-9250-6

I have my PSP's Crash Team Racing .rif in ux0:/pspemu/PSP/LICENSE/.

However...
ErnieBall wrote:Holy ****! it works!

in short:
1. bought PSP game (that is not available for vita) in store and downloaded it to PS3
2. connected to ps3 using FTP to get the .pkg from ./dev_hdd0/vsh/game_pkg/xxxxxxxx
3. transfered game from ps3 to PSP using USB cable
4. started the game once on PSP (not sure if necessary)
5. copied the .rif of the game from the PSP ./PSP/LICENSE
6. pasted the .rif to ./ux0/pspemu/PSP/LICENSE
7. turned on IDU on vita and installed .pkg using package installer and QCMA
8. cleared IDU and restarted
9. repeaded step 6 (probably not necessary)

BOOM! game starts

Apparently the game i used for testing, can be installed from PS3 directly withou any of the above mentioned steps.
My bad, for not testing this first, but i was getting really excited. The game definitely was listed as PSP and i couldt select "download to Vita" from the storepage .

I have tested the method with Phantasy Star Online 2 now, which definitely cannot be transfered from PS3´and it worked.
ErnieBall's post said that he re-copied the .rif though after installing it, which is what I'm gonna try now. Will edit if it works.

EDIT: Yep-- after the package is installed, the .rif is replaced with empty 0KB .rif. So going back to CEX mode and then overwriting the empty 0KB .rif with your .rif is the way to go.

Here's a pic of it working attached:
Attachments
IMG_20160822_223738.png
IMG_20160822_223738.png (160.31 KiB) Viewed 6664 times
ErnieBall

Post by ErnieBall »

Interesting! So we do need to install the package while in idu and we do need to recopy the .rif (possibly only need to copy it once, after the package is installed) i guess the idu part explains why this hasnt been done before, since most people didnt have access to that before.

I will do more testing later and update my tutorial. Maybe a kind mod could move my tut from games section to tutorial section.
Last edited by ErnieBall on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSP 1004 6.60 ME
PSV 1000 3.60 HENKAKU
PS3 CECH-2004A FERROX 4.80 Cobra 7.3
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

ErnieBall wrote:Interesting! So we do need to install the package while in idu and we do need to recopy the .rif (possibly only need to copy it once, after the package is installed) i guess the idu part explains why this hasnt been done before, since most people didnt have access to that before.

I will do more testing later and update my tutorial. Maybe a kind mod could move my tut from games section to tutorial section.
Done!
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
ErnieBall

Post by ErnieBall »

fate6 wrote:
Done!
Thx!
PSP 1004 6.60 ME
PSV 1000 3.60 HENKAKU
PS3 CECH-2004A FERROX 4.80 Cobra 7.3

Return to “HENkaku”