Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Moonlight for Vita Alpha3 [60fps + Sound+ L2/R2/L3/R3 touch]

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Moonlight for Vita Alpha released! [Now 60 fps + Sound!!

Post by fate6 »

VitaTV wrote:Is there anyway I can use this with a Mac mini ?
If you can get a GTX card in it and GeForce Experience to run then sure.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
ma16v3

Post by ma16v3 »

thebudds wrote:
ma16v3 wrote:Got it working, but it just does not want to work with 960x544, if someone could post an in-depth guide on making this work at a general level with Steam, that'd be great.
You need to create a profile for the resolution of 960x544 which can be done in the nvidia control panel and you must make sure you switch to that profile before you start streaming.
Are you talking about creating the custom resolution, then setting the monitor Steam is going to be on to that resolution? I set my resolution to 544 and it still will not run. Plus when I close the control panel and re-open, it no longer has 544 as immediately available, have to go back to create custom resolution.

The steps I have taken thus far:
Nvidia control panel -> Change Resolution -> Customize, set up 960x544, 60Hz refresh rate, color depth 32, scan type: Progressive.

I applied the above settings to my primary monitor(I have three total)

I put in "960 544 60 2000" in the settings.txt file in ux0:/data/moonlight/

Started up moonlight, hit circle, Steam never loads. If I put "1280 720 60 2000" in settings Steam will run. How are you guys getting it to stream Vita's native resolution?

Also detecting input lag both on the Vita(to a wired PC) and PSTV(wired emd to end). Any thoughts on how we might reduce this or will this require some optimization on Moonlight?

Editted to include detailed list of steps taken.
Advertising
poec

Post by poec »

So here is a tutorial to use moolinght without router, hope it helps.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comm ... _a_router/
NedStark4Life

Post by NedStark4Life »

Can this stream Origin games?
diablos222

Post by diablos222 »

You can. You just have to add shortcuts of those games to steam.
chrisssj3

Post by chrisssj3 »

fehmi wrote:It looks and plays awesome on PSTV @ 720p 60fps 15mbps over a wired connection! I will experiment with the bitrate to find the sweet spot for 720p.
There are only 2 things on my wishlist -
- Full DS3 / DS4 controller support (L2, R2 analog triggers and L3, R3 stick buttons)
- A proper exit mechanism when the streaming is ended (Moonlight just crashes now when I end the streaming)
If i may ask why the heck would u do this on a pstv? xD isnt the point playing on YOUR VITA instead of a tv screen with a dualshock?
sickness01

Post by sickness01 »

chrisssj3 wrote:
fehmi wrote:It looks and plays awesome on PSTV @ 720p 60fps 15mbps over a wired connection! I will experiment with the bitrate to find the sweet spot for 720p.
- Full DS3 / DS4 controller support (L2, R2 analog triggers and L3, R3 stick buttons)
- A proper exit mechanism when the streaming is ended (Moonlight just crashes now when I end the streaming)
If i may ask why the heck would u do this on a pstv? xD isnt the point playing on YOUR VITA instead of a tv screen with a dualshock?
well, if he has his computer in a different room and wants to stream emulators to his tv, that could be a reasoning
thebudds

Post by thebudds »

ma16v3 wrote:
thebudds wrote:
ma16v3 wrote:Got it working, but it just does not want to work with 960x544, if someone could post an in-depth guide on making this work at a general level with Steam, that'd be great.
You need to create a profile for the resolution of 960x544 which can be done in the nvidia control panel and you must make sure you switch to that profile before you start streaming.
Are you talking about creating the custom resolution, then setting the monitor Steam is going to be on to that resolution? I set my resolution to 544 and it still will not run. Plus when I close the control panel and re-open, it no longer has 544 as immediately available, have to go back to create custom resolution.

The steps I have taken thus far:
Nvidia control panel -> Change Resolution -> Customize, set up 960x544, 60Hz refresh rate, color depth 32, scan type: Progressive.

I applied the above settings to my primary monitor(I have three total)

I put in "960 544 60 2000" in the settings.txt file in ux0:/data/moonlight/

Started up moonlight, hit circle, Steam never loads. If I put "1280 720 60 2000" in settings Steam will run. How are you guys getting it to stream Vita's native resolution?

Also detecting input lag both on the Vita(to a wired PC) and PSTV(wired emd to end). Any thoughts on how we might reduce this or will this require some optimization on Moonlight?

Editted to include detailed list of steps taken.
Since you have 3 monitors hooked up, make sure you set the ps vita resolution to the main monitor. I only have my tv hooked up, so it works immediately after I apply 960x544 to my tv and run moonlight from my vita. Hopefully this helps for you.
chrisssj3 wrote:
Well, doing so pretty much means he doesn't have to buy a Steam link and a extra controller to play his PC games on the tv. It's one of the first things I thought of when I saw moonlight was released :D
usraek

Re: Moonlight for Vita Alpha [60fps + Sound+ L2/R2/L3/R3 tou

Post by usraek »

Made a few updates to OP, some good stuff coming along!
Last edited by usraek on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrisssj3

Re: Moonlight for Vita Alpha3 [60fps + Sound+ L2/R2/L3/R3 to

Post by chrisssj3 »

Great! awesome job on the extra buttons. I won't complain. but the L2/R2 is really sensitive and is setting of my skills in the game (witcher 3) constantly by "accident' I am trying to hold the vita without touching the backside when not needed. but yeah.. guess ill just have to get used to it..

Does anyone also have sometimes that the stream freezes completly and you have to restart the moonlight app?
Or the occasional Hickup where the video skips half a second or 2.

Return to “HENkaku”