Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[WIP] DeathRun to Vita -my first code/game ever

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Vektast

[WIP] DeathRun to Vita -my first code/game ever

Post by Vektast »

Hi Folks,

When Rinnegatamante released his Lua Player Plus to vita, I decided to start to create a multiplayer game on Ps Vita.
But I had zero programing skill, so I started to learn the Lua. That was 6 days ago :) ...and this is what I made from the absolute zero :)
I want to create a DeathRun game (like the deathrun mod for Cod2 or CS), which is an asimetric multiplayer so I have to learn a lot to achive this. :D I'll update every week this thread to show the state of the game. This is the first week so...

What I have:
-gravity
-jump
-platform maker algorithm
-touchsreen button
-camera movement on the X angle
-finish
-moving platforms
-traps
-reset

What I don't have:
- map maker/saver/loader
- multiplayer function
- menu
-y camera angle
and tons of stuffs.. :D

You can try it what I have done so far. Here is the VPK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s5ssg ... n_Test.vpk
Advertising
Last edited by Vektast on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zeroba

Re: [WIP] DeathRun to Vita -my first code/game ever

Post by Zeroba »

Awesome, good to see LPP being used! I'll definitely check this out next time I can get around to it.
Basically going to sleep now haha.
Hopefully your learning goes smoothly :)
Advertising
Vita 1k 6.60 - HENkaku
PSP 3k 6.60 - PRO-C
mindglitch

Post by mindglitch »

this is what it is all about man. you've got this far so keep at it and dont give up.
-always use the search function before asking and if you receive help from anyone, say thanks and remember to pay it forward.
[spoiler]#387843 by dgjg0622
Tue May 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Me too,i can't install it, i am not back up, i can't update,I want dead[/spoiler]
frostvi3n

Post by frostvi3n »

Woooow , Nice
i always wanted to learn some programming of lua to start making something for the scene , but i always ended up with posting tuts and comments
nice way bro , i hope u will learn more soon , anyway , can u show me some leads ? so maybe in my free time i start little by little ?
and can you please upload it to some other host such as media share or dropbox ?
brandon666

Post by brandon666 »

What all programs did u use to make this?
Vektast

Post by Vektast »

brandon666 wrote:What all programs did u use to make this?
Notepad++, Gimp, Lua Player Plus, Filezilla :)
frostvi3n wrote:Woooow , Nice
i always wanted to learn some programming of lua to start making something for the scene , but i always ended up with posting tuts and comments
nice way bro , i hope u will learn more soon , anyway , can u show me some leads ? so maybe in my free time i start little by little ?
and can you please upload it to some other host such as media share or dropbox ?
Thanks! :)
Well to learn Lua I just inquire into thr LPP samples and the Corona SDK samples. From Corona SDK samples u can learn the base of the lua operators, and from the LPP documents the APIs.
I will upload a new version tomorrow into the mediafire! :)
brandon666

Post by brandon666 »

How did u learn to do these things?
-gravity
-jump
-platform maker algorithm
-touchsreen button
-camera movement on the X angle
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

Vektast wrote:Hi Folks,

When Rinnegatamante released his Lua Player Plus to vita, I decided to start to create a multiplayer game on Ps Vita.
But I had zero programing skill, so I started to learn the Lua. That was 6 days ago :) ...and this is what I made from the absolute zero :)
Which tutorials are you following?
Vektast

Post by Vektast »

NoOne wrote:
Vektast wrote:Hi Folks,

Which tutorials are you following?
None of them. :) Just the samples what I study. If you know the basic operators like if, for, while, tables you can do anything with apis.
Vektast

Post by Vektast »

*NEW* version uploaded! :) You can check it here:http://www.mediafire.com/download/s5ssg ... n_Test.vpk

Return to “HENkaku”