Page 7 of 14

Re: [RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:33 am
by rjshooter
chrisssj3 wrote:So you are actually able to sign in using updateblocker via the settings --> PSN--> Sign in?
I always get NW-5603-4 could not econnecto the server or device within the time limit when i try sign in.
All I did just activate updateblocker and go to Setting > PSN > Enter ID and Pasword > Succeded but afterwards it errors.

So my account is already there, but says "not signed in"

Re: [RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:08 am
by pendor
Doublexjeff wrote: Not sure if either of you figured this out yet, but I was able to fix this error by editing my id.dat with my FTP client and adding the line "OID=(your psn name)" without the parentheses and quotes underneath the "AID=" line.
Under normal circumstances, you should already have that value there. Did you log off PSN or something?
Metroid Maniac wrote: I guessed that profile backups were locked to a particular device, and I'm certain PSN activation data is (is that backed up btw?) That's why I was hoping the tool would be able to identify which console it's running on so it knows which profiles it is able to install.

I'm glad to see this functionality is already planned though, good luck and thanks again for the great work.
I had a quick look and I think it's possible. I might need some help testing it though, cause I don't have a second vita. I'll let you know when the time comes.

Re: [RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:02 am
by rjshooter
I dunno if you already looked at my first post but just in case, pendor:
rjshooter wrote:Well I've been trying this VPK just today, and found out I have run into some problems.

First. I already on the step to login my other account so I can dump my other account to save it.
I avoid login in thru PS Vita's first welcome guide to prevent automatic update from 3.60-3.61.
So, I choose to login later from Setting > Playstation Network, but the thing is, I cannot login the PSN account because it's asking for update. Luckily, I can overcome that with VitaUpdateBlocker, so I can keep sign in my account without asking for update.
Still, after I put on the account id and password, Playstation Network (in the settings) ain't allowed me to sign in even though my account is already listed, and it just says "not signed in", and I cannot go into further than that.

So since I can't go into further than that, so I think that's it, I go open AccountSwitcher and dump my that other account, load my main account (that one works). Since I'm still curious, I tried to load my other account and it says "failed to load" because files are missing.

Am I making a mistake there?

Edit: Also, I've find out I missed one file "act.dat". Can I just copy act.dat from my main account to my other account?

Re: [RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:07 pm
by Doublexjeff
pendor wrote: Under normal circumstances, you should already have that value there. Did you log off PSN or something?
I guess you can say it wasn't normal circumstances. I had to use the qcma/ps3 trick to log into my second account due to trying this so late after the 3.61 update went live. After fixing that error as well as the trophy error, the app has been working perfectly ever since.

Re: [RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:39 pm
by pendor
rjshooter wrote: Edit: Also, I've find out I missed one file "act.dat". Can I just copy act.dat from my main account to my other account?
No, I don't think so. Act.dat is tied to the account.

I dropped the ball there, since I'm not checking those files entirely before doing the backup (only when restoring). That's one of the checks I'm adding into the next version.

As to why you don't have that particular file, that I don't know. If you're logged in and the account is activated, that file should be there.

Re: [RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:16 pm
by rjshooter
pendor wrote:
rjshooter wrote: Edit: Also, I've find out I missed one file "act.dat". Can I just copy act.dat from my main account to my other account?
No, I don't think so. Act.dat is tied to the account.

I dropped the ball there, since I'm not checking those files entirely before doing the backup (only when restoring). That's one of the checks I'm adding into the next version.

As to why you don't have that particular file, that I don't know. If you're logged in and the account is activated, that file should be there.
I can sign in, but I can't get my account get activated because it keeps asking me for software update (I use update blocker for this one), so my account is already listed on psn, but "not signed in".

Which is explains why I don't have act.dat.

Re: [RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:43 pm
by samsara
To sum up the situation we have now for the new ones who have just discovered this amazing homebrew:

THEN:
When the latest FW was 3.60, this tool worked gloriously and I think people using this tool at that time were in the luck.
Since we were on the lastest FW, we had access to PSN and could activate it as required. Activation gives us our device specific act.dat.

Then came the update and we could still use PSN for about 2-3 days depending on location (Sony were fast this time with the new certificates)

NOW:
With 3.61 being the latest FW, we don't have any access to PSN directly through our Vitas meaning we can't activate it. The only way now is to use the qcma+ps3+vitaupdateblocker trick to transfer a game from the ps3 to our vita through the ps3. It's like a middle-man in that regard. From there we can get the act. dat and use it with this homebrew.

Re: [RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:14 pm
by Ragnaq
samsara wrote: NOW:
With 3.61 being the latest FW, we don't have any access to PSN directly through our Vitas meaning we can't activate it. The only way now is to use the qcma+ps3+vitaupdateblocker trick to transfer a game from the ps3 to our vita through the ps3. It's like a middle-man in that regard. From there we can get the act. dat and use it with this homebrew.
So let me get this straight:
1. Sign into your other account on PS3 and download a game, move it to your pc via stick or something
2. Setup vita update blocker to avoid update prompt
What next, do we find the act.dat in the downloaded, DRM-enabled file if we open it as an archive? Do we have to install the file(Which shouldn't possible since it is DRM-ed)? In the first place, should the game we download be DRM-enabled or should we get a DRM-free one and we'll find an act.dat there which we can use AFTER installing the DRM-free game?
I haven't used the PS3 method in a long time and I'm not familiar with how the act.dat or vita filesystem works yet.
Or do we first dump current account, restore vita using other account, install game downloaded using other account and then dump other acc? I'm confused, could you help me out on this, please?

Good News for AccountSwitcher User!

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:35 pm
by rjshooter
Apparently there's this news http://wololo.net/2016/08/18/release-vi ... onsole-id/

To sum this up, there may Console activator app will be developed soon. Which means we will not having anymore trouble to sign in and activating our PS Vita, if that happens, then we can use ACcountSwitcher potential to the fullest (especially that act.dat that related to activation of our console).

Re: Good News for AccountSwitcher User!

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:14 pm
by pendor
rjshooter wrote:Apparently there's this news http://wololo.net/2016/08/18/release-vi ... onsole-id/

To sum this up, there may Console activator app will be developed soon. Which means we will not having anymore trouble to sign in and activating our PS Vita, if that happens, then we can use ACcountSwitcher potential to the fullest (especially that act.dat that related to activation of our console).
I'm already looking into it. I'm almost done with the rewrite, thats most likely the next thing I'm gonna add.