Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Ragnaq

Re: [RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

Post by Ragnaq »

People, try using this awesome program in tandem with viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46666
That's a vita activator, supposedly it's working. This will allow us to obtain the act.dat in order to dump accounts.
I'll try installing a JP PSN game onto my vita and test it to see if it actually activate accounts(It should, as my DRM, bought game Muramasa Rebirth works if I use my UK PSN)
EDIT: It works perfectly. I used PSN activator and then account switcher to dump accounts. I installed a game from my PS3 using the easy PS3/QCMA trick and it works!
For those that don't have PS3, you could try looking into downloading PKG games directly from the sony server using links provided through idk what online app... It was a thing during the package installer days back in 3.18. You could try looking into that and then use the package installer 2.0 maybe, I haven't tried but it'd be great if somebody did.
Advertising
MOEs_Go

Post by MOEs_Go »

Hi, first of all, thank you for making the tool n.n I was trying to run BIOHAZARD2 on american vita, and with your tool, it worked n.n

I found some issues, but having them in mind there's no problem.

- If you backup your account from VitaTV to Vita, (account switched) it gives error for some reason copying games from PS3.
- PSX and PSP titles disappear from one account to another, but are playable and reappear in their main account.
- When having "live area updates" turned ON, it can download additional content to a different main account (ex. Downloading JP FFX content, when using USA account on vita) but IT CAN'T be installed. Make sure the content it's with it's corresponding account.

Thanks again n.n
Advertising
pendor

Post by pendor »

New version uploaded. I've updated the OP. (Still no source, sorry. I'm not really confortable with it yet)
MOEs_Go wrote:Hi, first of all, thank you for making the tool n.n I was trying to run BIOHAZARD2 on american vita, and with your tool, it worked n.n

- If you backup your account from VitaTV to Vita, (account switched) it gives error for some reason copying games from PS3.
- PSX and PSP titles disappear from one account to another, but are playable and reappear in their main account.
- When having "live area updates" turned ON, it can download additional content to a different main account (ex. Downloading JP FFX content, when using USA account on vita) but IT CAN'T be installed. Make sure the content it's with it's corresponding account.

Thanks again n.n
Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it (except the vita tv thing, cause I don't have one to check that, maybe I'll borrow it from someone).
chrisssj3

Post by chrisssj3 »

pendor wrote:New version uploaded. I've updated the OP. (Still no source, sorry. I'm not really confortable with it yet)
MOEs_Go wrote:Hi, first of all, thank you for making the tool n.n I was trying to run BIOHAZARD2 on american vita, and with your tool, it worked n.n

Thanks again n.n
Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it (except the vita tv thing, cause I don't have one to check that, maybe I'll borrow it from someone).
Hi Pendor. Can you please answer a question for me. I tried your tool few weeks ago when 3.61 was out, followed instructions and when i tried switching to my other account once i had dumped my 2nd one. It says loading failed, some files were missing...

Also is it possible if this tool of yours really work, to somehow get my asiapsn savegame from another memory card to my other one in a way that it recognises it? So i won't have to start over lol. Restoring a savebackup like usual might work? or wouldnt it because its a different memory card even though the PSN account would be the same then...

EDIT:
Also youve updated the OP. but the instructions are not updated? when to activate or not?
EDIT2: Ran 2.0 app it said PROFILE NOT FOUND. While I have signed into my account when i restored this vita.... and i even activated using zombie method to play a game from it.. so i idk why it says profile not found?
MOEs_Go

Post by MOEs_Go »

chrisssj3 wrote: Hi Pendor. Can you please answer a question for me. I tried your tool few weeks ago when 3.61 was out, followed instructions and when i tried switching to my other account once i had dumped my 2nd one. It says loading failed, some files were missing...
Sorry about that, but you missed something (it's very common, i made a lot of times xP)

-First, after you jumped to your 2nd account, you'll need a file named act.dat that not comes after reinitializing your ps vita, in this case you need to activate your account (using 2.0/ transfering something with PS3-QCMA/etc)
chrisssj3 wrote: Also is it possible if this tool of yours really work, to somehow get my asiapsn savegame from another memory card to my other one in a way that it recognises it? So i won't have to start over lol. Restoring a savebackup like usual might work? or wouldnt it because its a different memory card even though the PSN account would be the same then...
-About your savegame, you'll have it, but you can't play in a different account (taking your example, you can't play your asian savegame when your using your american account, you need to switch to the asian account).
chrisssj3 wrote: EDIT:
Also youve updated the OP. but the instructions are not updated? when to activate or not?
*About the activation, after reinitializing the vita, in the (white world screen) you attach a PSN account, then in the menu you need to activate your account. The only thing you CAN'T DO if you didn't activate, it's that you won't be able to use the content from that account.
chrisssj3 wrote: EDIT2: Ran 2.0 app it said PROFILE NOT FOUND. While I have signed into my account when i restored this vita.... and i even activated using zombie method to play a game from it.. so i idk why it says profile not found?
* ???... that's weird, try using """some explorer""" (cofcofvitashelllcofcof) and find the folder in ux0:/data named psn account switcher (if i remember correctly), if exist the folder and your account, it's very weird the homebrew it's not recognizating the backups :c

MAYBE...idk this, but hope you didn't... (reading "when i restored this vita")it's that you formatted the memory card ?_?
pendor

Post by pendor »

I guess the instructions are a little bit outdated now, but still, everything works pretty much the same way (except you can't activate the device since 3.61 is out, hence the need for activators).

MOEs_Go pretty much answered everything, but I'll try to write an updated guide when i'm back home.

I'd also recommend dumping your accounts again after 2.0, just to be sure you have correct backups.
chrisssj3

Post by chrisssj3 »

OMG it's working YEAH! finally a way to easily switch accounts. just hope this doesnt get patched somehow.
If u have it dumped, u basically have it forever right?

I have one issue however if i run henkaku offline launcher, it will work with the account it was created. but if i change accounts it will ask me to format. No way around this..?
pendor

Post by pendor »

chrisssj3 wrote:I have one issue however if i run henkaku offline launcher, it will work with the account it was created. but if i change accounts it will ask me to format. No way around this..?
Actually, I was thinking about it yesterday. That's because the exploit data is tied to the account.

it shouldn't be hard to add but it would require installing the offline launcher on each account and a redump at least.

Gonna look into that, thanks for mentioning it
chrisssj3

Post by chrisssj3 »

No THANK YOU for your hard work.
CelesteBlue

Post by CelesteBlue »

pendor wrote:
chrisssj3 wrote:I have one issue however if i run henkaku offline launcher, it will work with the account it was created. but if i change accounts it will ask me to format. No way around this..?
Actually, I was thinking about it yesterday. That's because the exploit data is tied to the account.

it shouldn't be hard to add but it would require installing the offline launcher on each account and a redump at least.

Gonna look into that, thanks for mentioning it

Maybe your script should also backup the MolecularShell .rif...
It should work...

Return to “HENkaku”