Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
chrisssj3

Re: [RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

Post by chrisssj3 »

What this guy said!
Advertising
rjshooter

Post by rjshooter »

Well I've been trying this VPK just today, and found out I have run into some problems.

First. I already on the step to login my other account so I can dump my other account to save it.
I avoid login in thru PS Vita's first welcome guide to prevent automatic update from 3.60-3.61.
So, I choose to login later from Setting > Playstation Network, but the thing is, I cannot login the PSN account because it's asking for update. Luckily, I can overcome that with VitaUpdateBlocker, so I can keep sign in my account without asking for update.
Still, after I put on the account id and password, Playstation Network (in the settings) ain't allowed me to sign in even though my account is already listed, and it just says "not signed in", and I cannot go into further than that.

So since I can't go into further than that, so I think that's it, I go open AccountSwitcher and dump my that other account, load my main account (that one works). Since I'm still curious, I tried to load my other account and it says "failed to load" because files are missing.

Am I making a mistake there?

Edit: Also, I've find out I missed one file "act.dat". Can I just copy act.dat from my main account to my other account?
Advertising
PS Vita FAT 3.60 PCH-1007 (Taiwan) [Henkaku] [Vitamin]
chrisssj3

Post by chrisssj3 »

rjshooter wrote:Well I've been trying this VPK just today, and found out I have run into some problems.

First. I already on the step to login my other account so I can dump my other account to save it.
I avoid login in thru PS Vita's first welcome guide to prevent automatic update from 3.60-3.61.
So, I choose to login later from Setting > Playstation Network, but the thing is, I cannot login the PSN account because it's asking for update. Luckily, I can overcome that with VitaUpdateBlocker, so I can keep sign in my account without asking for update.
Still, after I put on the account id and password, Playstation Network (in the settings) ain't allowed me to sign in even though my account is already listed, and it just says "not signed in", and I cannot go into further than that.

So since I can't go into further than that, so I think that's it, I go open AccountSwitcher and dump my that other account, load my main account (that one works). Since I'm still curious, I tried to load my other account and it says "failed to load" because files are missing.

Edit: Also, I've find out I missed one file "act.dat". Can I just copy act.dat from my main account to my other account?
May I ask why you think updateblocker is still working Everyone on GBatemp says it doesnt work anymore.....
rjshooter

Post by rjshooter »

chrisssj3 wrote:
rjshooter wrote:Well I've been trying this VPK just today, and found out I have run into some problems.

May I ask why you think updateblocker is still working Everyone on GBatemp says it doesnt work anymore.....
It's not "why I think", because I already tried it, it works, but not really well. Updateblocker is not working for accessing PSN Store (some of them, because there are ppl who said it's still working) if our Vita haven't updated into latest Firmware.

Updateblocker nowadays just works for preventing "asking for update" to latest Firmware when we connecting to CMA/QCMA, and for signing in our PSN account, but I could say, we are not fully signed in even using updateblocker, at least, that's what I've tried.
PS Vita FAT 3.60 PCH-1007 (Taiwan) [Henkaku] [Vitamin]
chrisssj3

Post by chrisssj3 »

So you are actually able to sign in using updateblocker via the settings --> PSN--> Sign in?
I always get NW-5603-4 could not econnecto the server or device within the time limit when i try sign in.
Metroid Maniac

Post by Metroid Maniac »

Great work, an app to automate this stuff was sorely needed.
However I have a few questions.

Does this save activation data?
Is there a way for homebrew to uniquely identify which Vita it is running on, e.g. with an IDPS? If so, would it be possible to store backed up accounts separately according to the Vita they belong to? It may be useful if you swap one memory card between multiple Vitas.
pendor

Post by pendor »

Metroid Maniac wrote:Great work, an app to automate this stuff was sorely needed.
However I have a few questions.

Does this save activation data?
Is there a way for homebrew to uniquely identify which Vita it is running on, e.g. with an IDPS? If so, would it be possible to store backed up accounts separately according to the Vita they belong to? It may be useful if you swap one memory card between multiple Vitas.
Profile backups are tied to that particular device. The main idea behind this homebrew was to use multiple accounts on a single device.

Im gonna look into it when i have some free time though.
Metroid Maniac

Post by Metroid Maniac »

pendor wrote:
Profile backups are tied to that particular device. The main idea behind this homebrew was to use multiple accounts on a single device.

Im gonna look into it when i have some free time though.
I guessed that profile backups were locked to a particular device, and I'm certain PSN activation data is (is that backed up btw?) That's why I was hoping the tool would be able to identify which console it's running on so it knows which profiles it is able to install.

I'm glad to see this functionality is already planned though, good luck and thanks again for the great work.
Ragnaq

Post by Ragnaq »

Anybody found a way to bypass the system update request upon activation? This is basically the last step we have to do and it's being hindered. I tried using the vita update blocker but it still prompts me for an update.
On another note, pendor has my eternal thanks. Wish I stumbled upon it before freaking 3.61...
I wanted to be able to switch between accounts on a single memcard for SO LONG.
Doublexjeff

Post by Doublexjeff »

jonnypanic wrote:
pendor wrote:
jonnypanic wrote:Ok, thanks, ill investigate.
Keep me updated. I've been trying to reproduce it but no luck so far.

Edit: I think I found the problem. Your id.dat is corrupt somehow.

As a workaround, you can delete the file and reboot the system and it will rebuild itself. Then dump the profile again to overwrite the current dump.

When I have some free time, I'll upload a new build that prevents dumping/restoring if the file is corrupted.
No luck I'm afraid. I deleted it the id.dat, removed profiles, formatted, rebuilt, reactivated, but still get the error. Weird.
Not sure if either of you figured this out yet, but I was able to fix this error by editing my id.dat with my FTP client and adding the line "OID=(your psn name)" without the parentheses and quotes underneath the "AID=" line.

Return to “HENkaku”