Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
jonnypanic

Re: [RELEASE] AccountSwitcher

Post by jonnypanic »

I just relaced the id.dat with the original backup created by the app, and after that I could launch the app again (no idea why making a new one didn't work), but now it seems good. It wouldn't let me switch straight to the other account because of a missing file error in the app. So I'm in the process of setting things up again, and so far it all seems ok. Will keep you posted.

Aaaaaand it works. Must have been some file corruption, like you said. Cheers for the help and for enabling me to finally use my JP account on vita.
Advertising
Raúl DJ

Post by Raúl DJ »

I would like to make you some suggestions that would made your homebrew perfect, at least for me:

The first one, and I think it would be more or less easy to implement, is to not delete the id.dat file if you use one MemoryCard per account.

The second and a lot more complicated, is to somehow backup and restore the bubbles positions (I think this is related to the table "tbl_appinfo_icon" on the "app.db" file) and, if it could be done, the wallpapers of the several "desktops".

Sorry for asking that much and thank you very much for your very useful program.
Advertising
pendor

Post by pendor »

Raúl DJ wrote:I would like to make you some suggestions that would made your homebrew perfect, at least for me:

The first one, and I think it would be more or less easy to implement, is to not delete the id.dat file if you use one MemoryCard per account.

The second and a lot more complicated, is to somehow backup and restore the bubbles positions (I think this is related to the table "tbl_appinfo_icon" on the "app.db" file) and, if it could be done, the wallpapers of the several "desktops".

Sorry for asking that much and thank you very much for your very useful program.
I've been thinking about that second one last night, I think it's doable.

The first one I don't fully understand. id.dat is never deleted, unless you unslave the card (and even then, its closer to re formatting it than deleting it).

Then again my mind is somewhere else. Elaborate a lil bit.
Raúl DJ

Post by Raúl DJ »

pendor wrote:
Raúl DJ wrote:I would like to make you some suggestions that would made your homebrew perfect, at least for me:

I've been thinking about that second one last night, I think it's doable.

The first one I don't fully understand. id.dat is never deleted, unless you unslave the card (and even then, its closer to re formatting it than deleting it).

Then again my mind is somewhere else. Elaborate a lil bit.
Oh, I though it was deleted every time. In that case it's OK as it is, thanks.
Asurey

Post by Asurey »

Ok, this is what happened:
Made account backup
Unslaved SD Card
- Mistakenly hit 'Restore Settings'
See that I had errors entering apps and my account was still linked.
-Tried 'Restore This System' this time.
- At system startup.
"The memory card you inserted in your system is linked with the following Sony Entertainment account.
XXXX
To use the memory card with this system, you must format the memory card.
If you format the memory card, all data on the memory card will the deleted."
- *Panic* :shock:

Edit: Will restore back to my account and try again later.
hidaviki

Post by hidaviki »

Restoring/keeping the bubble's positions would be great yes! :)
galafador

Post by galafador »

i've been using this for a couple days now and it's perfect :3
would be nice if it could save the bubble layout though just like the others said.
note :
-my main acc US (R1)
-sub acc Asia (R3)

maybe off topic but i just wanna share my findings about this app and DLCs.
i thought, with this app, i could play R3 DLCs on my main R1 Accounts (R3 Cartridges) but nope, it can't.
different games handles the "missing DLCs" differently though,

i've experimented with 2 games
1. Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (Asia R3)
first i changed my account to R3, downloaded the DLCs, installed it on the game, and it ran just fine with the DLCs.
(no trophies though since my save data is from R1)
then i changed back to R1, ran the game, it ran just fine but with missing DLCs. lets say i downloaded a costume and applied it, saved the game (on R3), when i load it on R1 my character doesn't wear the costume.

2. Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment- (Asia R3)
same like before, switched to R3, downloaded the DLCs, installed it, ran the game, works just fine with the DLCs but no trophy.
but when i changed back to R1, i can't load the game since the DLC is missing and the game ask me to format the save data. now i need to use R3 whenever i want to play SAO without losing my progress.
chrisssj3

Post by chrisssj3 »

This doesn't work my friend, followed instructions and when i tried switching to my other account once i had dumped my 2nd one. It says loading failed, some files were missing...

Also is it possible to somehow get my asiapsn savegame from another memory card to my other one? So i won't have to use 2 seperate memory cards? I tried restoring the backup with the same PSN account it was created with, but it says corrupt file... maybe it's also linked to the specific other memory card? Anyway around it?
Izotov

Post by Izotov »

When Vita not activated - error C2-12828-1
Fix it please
For restore activation need manually transfer ireg dreg act and id files via ftp
Then Account Switcher working fine
strusic

Post by strusic »

Can we still activate vita without updating to 3.61?

Return to “HENkaku”