Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] CATSFC-libretro-vita-1.30 - 2-player on PSTV, more

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
tellemurius

Re: [RELEASE] CATSFC-libretro-vita-1.30 - 2-player on PSTV,

Post by tellemurius »

So I have to ask, is this using the full power of the Vita processor core? I noticed under the settings there is a PSP frequency switch from 333 to 444. Was the emulator still compiled for MIPS or is that setting useless at this point?
Advertising
ViRGE

Post by ViRGE »

Malachi wrote:
I believe what I meant to say was creating an option to stretch 8:7 to 4:3. This would give me an authentic "playing on a square tv" look that I was used to when I was younger. Nostalgia ;)
Ditto to this. Fantastic emulator, it would just be nice to stretch it out to 4:3 since that's how SNES games were actually played.
Advertising
Madikan

Post by Madikan »

First of all, thanks for your fantastic work ! But I just have to ask : is there any plans on cheat support in the near future ? I'm pretty sure there aren't that much Henkaku-compatible homebrew emulators that support such a feature... :/

Thank y'all again !
reprep

Post by reprep »

Can anyone please send me the .elf/.velf file resulting after compiling the source? I will try it on rejuvenate.

I would do it myself but psdk3v3 doesn't compile psplib4vita on my setup and this results in an error compiling catsfc libretro.

Thanks in advance.

@skogaby: I cut the elf header of eboot.bin in release .vpk, got myself a .velf file that can be run on rejuvenate. After that i altered the rom loading path to an accessible place (cache0 instead of ux0) and i could use it on rejuvenate through PSM Dev. I can share the resulting file, or anyone can PM me to get it (if there are still rejuvenate users) if it is ok for you.
cvskid

Post by cvskid »

Any updates to this emulator? So far everything i play runs great even SA1 chip based games but for some reason donkey kong country 1,2, and 3 run way too fast for some reason. Is there any way to fix that problem?
jnino91

Post by jnino91 »

Hi!

Let me just say great work on this! I just got it today so I may be dealing with an improved version than what was originally released. I haven't kept track of version numbers too well.

Anyways, I wanted to ask about the sound. It seems sound is a little higher pitched than it normally should be. It's not a deal breaker, especially since speed is better for most games than on the snes9x emulator, (I'm on Henkaku), but I wasn't sure as to why the sound is off like this.
Malachi

Post by Malachi »

Bump!

I was curious if this was still being worked on. I tried compiling the environment to be able to work on this myself but I can't get it to compile without errors.

If someone could share there setup (vitasdk folder? or similar) where this will compile, it will be much appreciated!
sidnei55

Post by sidnei55 »

I edited the file eboot.bin By "HxD" Hexadecimal
To Directorio "UR0: Internal Memory"
To load the ROMs of Internal Memory

VPK Download :
https://mega.nz/#!uhoVXQZD!10A5zXoYM_5Y ... jjVqojhY0s
jotax

Re: [RELEASE] CATSFC-libretro-vita-1.30 - 2-player on PSTV, more

Post by jotax »

Hi!

there is a way to the control make it work in this version in Super Mario All-Stars? the pad does not work in game.

this mod is currently very good and individually ideal!!

See ya
themaliciouscodeuser
Juankhagen

Re: [RELEASE] CATSFC-libretro-vita-1.30 - 2-player on PSTV, more

Post by Juankhagen »

Hi! I’m migrating from Catsfc To retroarch and i would love to transfer my saves. However i can’t find anywhere the usual srm
Files in order to not losing my games’ progress. I did find the s00, s01, etc savestates, but they’re not compatible with retroarch, so if i could find the original SRM files would be great.
HELP!!!!

Return to “HENkaku”