Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[BETA RELEASE v0.1]God Eater Resurrection Undub

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
protomanez

[BETA RELEASE v0.1]God Eater Resurrection Undub

Post by protomanez »

THIS IS A PARTIAL UNDUB, HENCE THE BETA

This thread will go through multiple updates across the days until the 30th when God Eater 2:RB comes out and I will be focusing my attention towards undubbing pc/vita. I have already spent probably 20+ hours in total on this project as there was a lot of checks to do, editing and compiling. There was also a problem with the game staying at a black screen during transitions but I have fixed that. Most of the work after applying the scripts, was manual as the file organisation was too random to make a script for, at least with my knowledge so I had to go through thousands of audio files by myself. I will release a tutorial and csv files if anyone wants to contribute to my work.

Requirements:
-Henkaku Vita ver 3.6
-English copy of GER(rename gameid folder to PCSB00874 for EU)
-ftp client

Since this is using gas' patch workaround, you will essentially need double the capacity of the game available.

Download

I am not sure if any files are corrupted/incorrect as I just repacked all the files into a rar so please let me know if anything is missing that I said would be there. All story should be translated as well as most voices.

Special thanks to aluigi for the help with the scripts.

THIS IS DISCONTINUED

I was supposedly supposed to update this post on wololo a week ago to remain transparent as possible with the development of my mod, however I will just address the problems of going on with the project here.
The project is indeed discontinued, I have no spare time to work on anything God Eater related(I indeed moved onto the PC version like the post suggests, however left the project 2 weeks later with a few other people) to work on a Fate translation patch with a friend as I was fairly tired of working on this alone. There was no one else to my knowledge actually trying to undub these on vita on launch, maybe piracy will open this up. I am still fairly doubtful as the game is a real pain in the *** to work with compared to other vita games(you can see already by how this game does not contain the usual cpk).
All voices can be found in the package.rdp file, repacking this without loss of data/archives was the real challenging part. Unless someone develops an injection tool for the rdp files, do not expect to see an undub soon. Quickbms is not capable of replacing all voice files, unless you go through some compression tricks like I did, which only worked on a few voices.
I have not tested this myself, but for the instructions, I believe if you have a pirated copy you can just extract the files into the game ID folder and it will work. Just do not extract the sce_module folder as it is the molecule one since I was using gas' trick. This will save you a lot of space if it does work.
Advertising
Last edited by protomanez on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Add me on steam: 76561198015770022
God Eater Resurrection undub
protomanez

Re: God Eater Resurrection Undub

Post by protomanez »

Changelog

8/16/2016: Launch of beta v0.1
Advertising
Last edited by protomanez on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sigroon365

Post by sigroon365 »

Hi, I saw your thread on Zentax. So, is it possible to repack whole data into package.rdp instead of reimporting?
protomanez

Post by protomanez »

sigroon365 wrote:Hi, I saw your thread on Zentax. So, is it possible to repack whole data into package.rdp instead of reimporting?
Nope, and I think that is the whole underlying issue with this project. I have started to get around with this problem with some files, however it is a bit tricky and the method does not work for all the packs of data.

Right now there is basically 0 quiality control with this, so atm the hack is very messy. Hopefully I can clean it up in the coming weeks as I would like to be able to offer a hand to those wishing to translate GE2 and would like to look at the pc files.
Elmer Kenazo

Post by Elmer Kenazo »

I will be waiting for this, I'm excited, Dub was horrible
FusionAxis

Post by FusionAxis »

So excited to hear that you're working on an undub. Thank you so much. Will be waiting patiently :D
protomanez

Post by protomanez »

Glad people are looking forward to this :lol:

Update 8/14/2016
Translation progress
Story cutscenes: 100%
M/F Voices: 75%
NPC:80%

Those are fairly rough estimates, NPCs like hibari needed a lot of work. A beta patch will be released soon, will contain everything I have completed thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBd61PdJ5jU
TransformersBlackOps

Re: [BETA RELEASE v0.1]God Eater Resurrection Undub

Post by TransformersBlackOps »

I would love to help, I have a crud load of free time and can easily put 7+ hours a day into this, but I do not have any of the files for the Japanese version of the game, and I would need that tutorial you mentioned that you planned on making. All in all PM me if you see this as I would love to get in contact with you about stuff.
EDIT: Now that Denuvo is confirmed for the PC Version of GE2:RB and GE:R, modding is gonna be tough do you still plan on Modding it?
valuehe123

Post by valuehe123 »

umm.... can anyone tell me how to install it?
protomanez

Post by protomanez »

valuehe123 wrote:umm.... can anyone tell me how to install it?
There are instructions included in the mega link.

As for me releasing my resources I have yet to get around to this, sorry been really busy as of late.

Return to “HENkaku”