Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[REQUEST] KODI / IPTV media player for PSTV / PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
PepeCobain

[REQUEST] KODI / IPTV media player for PSTV / PSVITA

Post by PepeCobain »

can we create a new homebrew KODI or IPTV with media player like showtime for ps3 .. for PSTV or PSVITA in vpk ? we can read list .m3u (IPTV) on TV,Movies,Music,Retrogame,Add on like Netflix or Spotify and many more , it's amazing :D

KODI IS OPEN SOURCE

Advertising
Last edited by PepeCobain on Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
GizmoTheGreen

Re: [REQUEST] KODI / IPTV media player for PSTV / PSVITA

Post by GizmoTheGreen »

I don't see why not, but why? there is an official streaming app already, sure it's lacking but it works.
Advertising
PepeCobain

Post by PepeCobain »

GizmoTheGreen wrote:I don't see why not, but why? there is an official streaming app already, sure it's lacking but it works.
where is the official app streaming ? are you saying this : https://store.playstation.com/#!/it-it/ ... KET000SCEE

I believe that the player Kodi or IPTV media is more stability and read more format: MKV 1080p,720p ... avi .. m4v .. ecc

we can trasfer with FTP to memory
Lion_Amongst_Men

Post by Lion_Amongst_Men »

Haha I have never actually heard of Kodi but im probably going to use for most of the stuff i do with media now xD too bad you can add youtube videos to playlist or like them tho
Haxxor Entusiast ◕‿◕。♫♬♪ ♩♭♪
Twitter @PersephoneVican
Playstation3 OFW latest
PS Vita 3.60 Henkaku
PS4 Latest
Alienware 14
3ds XL

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
dennisdk1

Post by dennisdk1 »

Would love to see this as well!
CrEaTiiOn_187

Post by CrEaTiiOn_187 »

Lion_Amongst_Men wrote:Haha I have never actually heard of Kodi but im probably going to use for most of the stuff i do with media now xD too bad you can add youtube videos to playlist or like them tho
Main reason i use kodi is for the free movies lol.
PS4 Newest OFW
PS Vita 3.60 HENkaku
LG G3 Resurrection Remix
Nexus 10 Resurrection Remix
PepeCobain

Post by PepeCobain »

CrEaTiiOn_187 wrote:
Lion_Amongst_Men wrote:Haha I have never actually heard of Kodi but im probably going to use for most of the stuff i do with media now xD too bad you can add youtube videos to playlist or like them tho
Main reason i use kodi is for the free movies lol.
yes KODI is beautiful :D ... KODI is Open Source and it read all file video,music,retrogame,add on ecc .... we can use KODI for IPTV or Netflix add on and many more ... the problem Official App Netflix is not now with 3.60 but in the future version need last FW and we can't play or risk lost HENkaku for next FW , and we add more stability
Razzy

Post by Razzy »

PepeCobain wrote:yes KODI is beautiful :D ... KODI is Open Source and it read all file video,music,retrogame,add on ecc .... we can use KODI for IPTV or Netflix add on and many more ... the problem Official App Netflix is not now with 3.60 but in the future version need last FW and we can't play or risk lost HENkaku for next FW , and we add more stability
Not to mention that the official Vita netflix up is still missing from many PSN stores, for example in Poland we have apps for PS3 and PS4, but not for Vita, even though Netflix is available here.
GizmoTheGreen

Post by GizmoTheGreen »

PepeCobain wrote:
GizmoTheGreen wrote:I don't see why not, but why? there is an official streaming app already, sure it's lacking but it works.
where is the official app streaming ? are you saying this : https://store.playstation.com/#!/it-it/ ... KET000SCEE

I believe that the player Kodi or IPTV media is more stability and read more format: MKV 1080p,720p ... avi .. m4v .. ecc

You can easily remux an MKV to an MP4 in a couple of minutes to watch on your Vita with the movie application.

I assumed this was about streaming not transferring then watching. for streaming yes network-media-player is what I meant, whatever server you use on your PC side will transcode anything on the fly so you can already play ANYTHING.

the only bonus with a homebrew version of XBMC would be the interface really.
PepeCobain

Post by PepeCobain »

GizmoTheGreen wrote:
PepeCobain wrote:

You can easily remux an MKV to an MP4 in a couple of minutes to watch on your Vita with the movie application.

I assumed this was about streaming not transferring then watching. for streaming yes network-media-player is what I meant, whatever server you use on your PC side will transcode anything on the fly so you can already play ANYTHING.

the only bonus with a homebrew version of XBMC would be the interface really.
i not want convert every time mkv to mp4 ... the problem is not now with 3.60 but in the future version need last FW for official Network Media Player by sony, and we can't play or risk lost HENkaku for next FW , and we add more stability with unofficial media player in .vpk .. with KODI you can watch all videos,music ecc in streaming without download or convert and kodi is open source

Return to “HENkaku”