Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] DeSmuME - DS Emulator

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
AlexxLopaztico02

Re: [Release] DeSmuME - DS Emulator

Post by AlexxLopaztico02 »

IT SOOOO SMAAALLL GAAAAASH

Advertising
Nucleus

Post by Nucleus »

Hope to see this get better. Though plenty of games would be tough to play on the Vita, I can think of some that would be good. I tested 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors and it ran, though at an average of about 3 frames per second. I did think that perhaps holding the Vita vertically like so:
This would present the screens how the DS did and also have them be a decent size. You could use the Vita's left as the DS' D-Pad, Triangle as A, Circle as B, Cross as Y, and Square as X. Start and Select stay the same, and L and R can be on the rear touch pad.

Hope you can get it to be as stable as an actual DS someday. Keep up the good work, and thanks for making the port! :)
Advertising
ouchenta

Post by ouchenta »

It ran mario kart at like 4-5 fps and everything rendered as far as i know. Great job

A suggestion, if you're taking any atm. You could maybe try rendering just the 3D screen and use one of the vita's buttons to change to the other screen. Since some games don't really use both screens all the time, this could be handy :)
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

Nucleus wrote:Hope to see this get better. Though plenty of games would be tough to play on the Vita, I can think of some that would be good. I tested 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors and it ran, though at an average of about 3 frames per second. I did think that perhaps holding the Vita vertically like so:
This would present the screens how the DS did and also have them be a decent size. You could use the Vita's left as the DS' D-Pad, Triangle as A, Circle as B, Cross as Y, and Square as X. Start and Select stay the same, and L and R can be on the rear touch pad.

Hope you can get it to be as stable as an actual DS someday. Keep up the good work, and thanks for making the port! :)
That's a nice idea, there really are games that have the need of the screens to be on top of each other, but, not necessarily, so, it would be great if we can have both options, as you said, and like this, to be more comfortable if the games doesn't need to be necessarily with screens on vertical :)

PS Vita 1001- 3.65 - H-Encore (TheFlow) [FiinalHE by soarqin] \ taihen.skprx by yifanlu .
Nucleus

Post by Nucleus »

Nephilim wrote:That's a nice idea, there really are games that have the need of the screens to be on top of each other, but, not necessarily, so, it would be great if we can have both options, as you said, and like this, to be more comfortable if the games doesn't need to be necessarily with screens on vertical :)

That would work well for a game like Pokemon where the touch screen is only a simple menu. For sure want adjustable screen layout/controls; hopefully at anytime.
xerpi
HBL Collaborator

Post by xerpi »

I've managed to get dynarec working, it's still kinda slow btw: https://vid.me/8GSZ
I think the bottlneck is in the emulation of the DS GPU, we would need to add GPU HLE to make it speed up.
Here's my repo btw: https://github.com/xerpi/desmume-vita
brunosapo

Post by brunosapo »

Hello i have tested in 2 different ways:
1 - using Exploited game fifa11 ( 3.11) ( TOO SLOW )
2- using APK and transfer via FILE zila (install but not RUN ) every time i try to open the emulator it closes for it own
i just download the APK file and installed with Molecule . AM i forgetting something?
Thanks
------------------------------------------------------
Zeroba

Post by Zeroba »

Exciting to see the development of something like this.
What do you guys personally think the chances are of getting a full-speed (or close) Ds Emu way later down the road?
Vita 1k 6.60 - HENkaku
PSP 3k 6.60 - PRO-C
laharl22

Post by laharl22 »

how TO compile your makefile.am on windows 7
romain337

Post by romain337 »

xerpi wrote:I've managed to get dynarec working, it's still kinda slow btw: https://vid.me/8GSZ
I think the bottlneck is in the emulation of the DS GPU, we would need to add GPU HLE to make it speed up.
Here's my repo btw: https://github.com/xerpi/desmume-vita
Impressive ^^

Return to “HENkaku”