I think I can clear this whole thing up: vitaQuake is upset with the pak files having all uppercase letters. I don't know if it's a fat filesystem problem, the fact that I'm using a memory card or what, but I ran into this exact error yesterday.Rinnegatamante wrote: ↑Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:34 pmSteam data files work fine, on vitaQuake GitHub i uploaded my gfx.wad file just in case.tr0ut wrote: ↑Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:50 amAfter updating to vitaQuake 4.0, the app simply refuses to load id1 (files taken from my GOG copy).
When I try to launch it, it instantly closes down and in ux0:data/Quake I get a log.txt that says "W_LoadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad"
It used to work before I updated to 4.0.
This is how id1 looks like. Is there any fix for it?
I don't really know a whole lot about c, but common.c and host_cmd.c implement functions to handle paks. I saw the CheckForMod function in sys_psp2.c as well and while it goes about the task differently, I wonder if the issue is actually rather some filesystem related problem?
I work a lot in QuakeSpasm and I also manage my own Quake resource sets. I patched my 1.01 disk copy to 1.06 and found that it is, bit-for-bit, the version of the resources distributed on GOG, even though the patched DOS and glQuake clients report version 1.09+ in the console.
Anyway, the Steam version is slightly different, but I recall unpacking them and finding only a couple texture size differences. My point is that it wasn't until I changed the paks on my Vita memory card to lower case that the game was able to load them, even the "clean" paks.
A probable cause of Purplstuph's registration problem would be:
Code: Select all
Oh but Rinnegatamante,I just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work! I just got my Vita yesterday and I've already been nosing around your source to build a new Quake cfgset. The game runs superbly, by the way!!