Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

riblad_om wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:42 pm I've also been getting random crashes - black screen and "The Vita will shut down now" dialogue.
Disable Smooth Animations option and see if it solves the issue.
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
riblad_om

Post by riblad_om »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:09 pm
riblad_om wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:42 pm I've also been getting random crashes - black screen and "The Vita will shut down now" dialogue.
Disable Smooth Animations option and see if it solves the issue.
I remember seeing some errors when I hod those on, but I just got a crash in Scourge of Armagon with them off, about two minutes into the game
Advertising
kingcrimson1920

Post by kingcrimson1920 »

ok something it's wrong. i have full packs. i played 3 month ago and was ok. now i can play only first level - others are locked like in demo version. and mission pack don't start. but few months ago was everything ok.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

kingcrimson1920 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:07 pm ok something it's wrong. i have full packs. i played 3 month ago and was ok. now i can play only first level - others are locked like in demo version. and mission pack don't start. but few months ago was everything ok.
pak files must be lowercase.
Slavo5

Post by Slavo5 »

Hello everyone!
First of all I would like to thank the author of the project. I just installed it on my Vita and it looks and feels so good.
My question is: can someone make one complete instruction how to play mission packs (Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity)? When I start the app it shows menu with these mission packs but when I click on them nothing happens. Something starts but somehow does not work.
I would be grateful for your complete advice in the matter and surely it would be helpfull for others as I red the entire thread and did not notice such complete guide how to do it.
Additionaly I would like to report about problem in certain place of Crypt of Decay. Somewhere in this area the game crashes and the black screen displays information „An error has occured. The PS VITA system will be powered off.”
Turning Smooth Animations off and disabling interpolations didn’t help. Any suggestions how this should be solved?
Thank you.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

You can launch missionpacks from the side icons on livearea, not from inside the app.
Slavo5

Post by Slavo5 »

Hello, thank you. But it seems I start it from very right spot - livearea (Amain menu of the game app). But this is exactly how it is not loading the mission pack. So I presume I need to place files somewhere in the game directory but where exactly and which files?
And what about my question regarding error on black screen? Any solution for this one? I will be very grateful for some reply on this also.
Regards! :)
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaQuake

Check the Loading Expansions and Mods paragraph in the README here.

As for the black screen, upload a save near to the spot causing the issue and i'll take a look.
Slavo5

Post by Slavo5 »

Finally I managed to place the right files into right direction. Thank you.
As for save file please see it here.Hopefully this if the file you are asking for.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcr4fdz12bvv9ge/s0.sav?dl=0
Notyu

Post by Notyu »

Hey, this port is pretty neat! :D I love the way things are handled. Thank you for putting so much work into this. My only real problem so far is with the gyro controls; if you don't rotate the Vita fast enough, the input is completely dropped, making it feel like there's some sort of weird dead zone. This is a really big issue since the gyro controls would otherwise really help with making small, precise adjustments, as well as quick flicks. There should ideally be no perceptible "dead zone," although if people wanted such a thing there could be a slider for it, I guess.

Please consider making a change in this area, because as this game is they are more distracting than useful to keep on, and aiming using only the tiny little thumbstick is really difficult. And thanks for adding them in the first place; they are a great addition and should go a long way to making this game easier to play on the Vita once the proper adjustments are made.

Also, I have a couple of other suggestions; first of all, would it be possible to let you aim with the back touch panel? In theory, it would be a great alternative to the gyro controls, especially in situations like long car or bus rides, where gyro controls can be interrupted by the movement of the vehicle.

As for my last suggestion; what if you could select weapons by touching icons for them at the sides of the screen? As in, there would be a row of small, square icons with the ability to pick weapons by touching them on one or both sides of the screen. Sure, your viewing area wouldn't be as wide, but you'd get quicker access to each weapon. Of course, this is probably the most difficult thing to implement, and wouldn't necessarily be a huge improvement, but it would be pretty useful! At least in theory!

Again, thank you for all your great work, and keep doing the awesome things you do!

Return to “HENkaku”