Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
khaaaannnn

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by khaaaannnn »

Hey guys been totally addicted to this port. Its started giving me GPU crashes though, I've tried disabling 'smooth animations' as I saw here. I'm on the second area and the game with crash at 2 points if i fire a grenade/rocket launcher to kill the first enemy or if i use any weapon on the jumpy boy. Now I got through the first world fine with no crashes weird that its starting now later into the game can someone have a look at my save and see if they can maybe pinpoint it? Is there also a way for me to read the coredump so I can maybe see whats triggering the crash? thanks for any help.

save file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2y7pq2s ... 0.sav/file
Advertising
Last edited by khaaaannnn on Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khaaaannnn

Post by khaaaannnn »

sorry for double post but I've already narrowed down the issue, so if I remove the soundtrack AND disable smooth animations I can get past the enemies and not crash so my real question is now how can I get to use the soundtrack without it crashing?
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

khaaaannnn wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:51 am sorry for double post but I've already narrowed down the issue, so if I remove the soundtrack AND disable smooth animations I can get past the enemies and not crash so my real question is now how can I get to use the soundtrack without it crashing?
The soundtrack being linked to this issue seems very strange since it should interact with the rendering code at all. At this point i suspect there's some out of bounds in the audio code. I'll double check it and see if i find something.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
khaaaannnn

Post by khaaaannnn »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:31 pm
khaaaannnn wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:51 am sorry for double post but I've already narrowed down the issue, so if I remove the soundtrack AND disable smooth animations I can get past the enemies and not crash so my real question is now how can I get to use the soundtrack without it crashing?
The soundtrack being linked to this issue seems very strange since it should interact with the rendering code at all. At this point i suspect there's some out of bounds in the audio code. I'll double check it and see if i find something.
you absolute legend, If you need any information from my end just say the word, I just wanna also say thank you for ruining my life the past week with your ports. you got anything else vita related in the pipeline?
khaaaannnn

Post by khaaaannnn »

Al Capwn wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:55 pm Thank you very much for the continued improvement of Quake and other games. The issue I'm running into is I keep getting a GPU Driver crash, and also my performance is kind of on the low side, with many dips into the 30s; is it just me? Changing MSAA or SSAA doesn't seem to have any effect.
ok so after looking through everything we're at the exact same part with the exact same issue it seems, The difference is I'm not using retroarch. what version are you on and what vita do you have?
Slavo5

Post by Slavo5 »

So, any news about problem with crashing level that I mentioned in January?
I already checked that Dissolution of Eternity also crashes during gameplay. So bad.... :\
Al Capwn

Post by Al Capwn »

khaaaannnn wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:56 am
Al Capwn wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:55 pm Thank you very much for the continued improvement of Quake and other games. The issue I'm running into is I keep getting a GPU Driver crash, and also my performance is kind of on the low side, with many dips into the 30s; is it just me? Changing MSAA or SSAA doesn't seem to have any effect.
ok so after looking through everything we're at the exact same part with the exact same issue it seems, The difference is I'm not using retroarch. what version are you on and what vita do you have?
I'm also not using retroarch. I'm running VitaQuake 4.0 w/ Quake V1.09 as supplied by GoG; I originally was using my CD Version manually patched, decided to try the GoG version but same results. Vita is PCH-1001 fw3.65 Enso w/ 128gb SD2Vita running YAMT 3.1.
Al Capwn

Post by Al Capwn »

Slavo5 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:29 pm So, any news about problem with crashing level that I mentioned in January?
I already checked that Dissolution of Eternity also crashes during gameplay. So bad.... :\
While the install instructions say to copy your corresponding folders over, I would delete everything (especially the glquake folders) and only copy over the pak and music files. I was also crashing when trying to play either of the expansions and I noticed it wanted to 'download' files upon launch but it would error out. With only the pak files copied over I can now play the expansions although I still run into a GPUDriver crash.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Al Capwn wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:51 am
khaaaannnn wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:56 am
I'm also not using retroarch. I'm running VitaQuake 4.0 w/ Quake V1.09 as supplied by GoG; I originally was using my CD Version manually patched, decided to try the GoG version but same results. Vita is PCH-1001 fw3.65 Enso w/ 128gb SD2Vita running YAMT 3.1.
For the crash, check if what khaaaannnn reported solves the issue. For the performance dips, do these happen after playing with the homebrew for a set amount of time or do you have those issues straight from launching the homebrew?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

vitaQuake v.4.1 available to download!

Changelog:
- Massive performances improvements thanks to vitaGL fixes.
- Added compressed textures support (Normally disabled, can be enabled by editing gl_compress cvar) for massive textures pack and mods.
- Re-enabled by default texture cache.
- Added a launch arg to disable texture cache (Useful for some HL BSPs that show wrong textures with it enabled): -no_tex_cache.
- Added Anaglyph 3D support (Red-cyan only).
- Disabled FPU exception traps (Reeduces game crashes occurrences).
- Fix for console input not properly showing sometimes.
- Current console input is no longer discarded when calling Vita keyboard to insert a new command.
- Made .pak detection case insensitive.
- Added lightmaps overbright support.

Credits:
Thanks to all my patroners:
- Tain Sueiras
- drd7of14
- polytoad
- The Vita3k project
- Al Capwn
- Creckeryop
- Wiese
- The Libretro Team
- Mark Vdovychenko
- Mored4u
- Igor Kovacs Biscaia
- rsn8887
- Count Duckula
- Andyways
- Daniel Krusenbaum
- Elwood Blues
- Justin
- spriteice
- gnmmarechal
- Thomas Radeck
- Neil MacAlasdair
- Thomas Würgler
- GregoryRasputin
- styroteqe
- Des
- suLac4ever
- BOBdotEXE
- Daniel
- Lars Zondervan
- Pirloui
- PSX-Place.com
- 2Mourty
- Dieter B

Download:
https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/10
Last edited by Rinnegatamante on Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “HENkaku”