Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tactic Miner

Submit here your entries for the Revitalize Competition. Deadline is September 30th.
Rules can be found here: http://wololo.net/revitalize/
wonre

Tactic Miner

Post by wonre »

Hi all!

I tried to make a small action game using Xerpi's vita2dlib for maximum gpu acceleration effect (Thanks Xerpi!)
Gameplay heavily relies on simultaneous usage of left and right stick. Very basic because I lack free time atm.

Description: Tactic miner fell in an unknown cavern. Help him escape. 'Little' 2d action game for ps vita and ps tv.
Controls : Select=pause, Left stick=moves, Right stick=redirects helmet lamp, Triggers=Lamp on/off
Author: myself (+xerpi's vita2dlib)

Green mushrooms : cures poison
Red mushrooms : cures poison and adds extra life

Hint : beyond 40 screens away from starting screen, it's suggested to return to first screen and try another direction... (unless you want to collect many red mushrooms)

Snapshot :

Download :
http://minilgos.com/psv/tactic_miner_bin_v1.0.zip
Advertising
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: Tactic Miner

Post by SMOKE »

For me, half the time it doesn't reach the splash screen and even when it does, it crashes before getting past that.

I highly suggest using the VitaSDK since the PSP2SDK is broken and nobody is supporting it anymore.
Here's the latest build of it for Windows I uploaded the other day: https://mega.nz/#!l9ogzQIC!HFGKzZaR1oi7 ... B_DzOSYVg0

It has some differences from the PSP2SDK, if you need help setting it up & fixing the code, let me know and I can help.
Advertising
wonre

Post by wonre »

oh ok. I will try that asap. many thx
wonre

Post by wonre »

ok i've added in the zip archive a new elf made with the vitasdk you supplied

I just had to add make.exe, msys-1.0.dll, msys-iconv-2.dll, msys-intl-8.dll in devkitARM/bin, and also replace some constants prefixes PSP2_ with prefix SCE_, replace -none- with -vita- in makefile, remove the psp2.specs reference in makefile, replace -lc_Stub with -lc -lm in makefile for linking

can't really test it atm because wololo.net/psmplus is out of order (404) and hackinformer.com/psmplus never worked for me, so can't get valid daily files today...

edit: it's wololo.net/talk/psmplus and not wololo.net/psmplus... I could test this build made with vitasdk
and it makes rejuvenate 0.3.4 crash on vita (fw 3.18 dev assist for unity 1.05 ) side (error c2-12828-1) when it comes to the 'Getting module info' phase
I suppose the line
PSP2_MODULE_INFO(0, 0, "tactic_miner");
is no longer valid with vitasdk?

edit2:
for now, only the _fixup.elf is confirmed to work on vita fw 3.18 dev assist for unity 1.05
I guess I have to find a psp2-fixup.exe file that will accept to work with an elf made with vitasdk
(the older one i have says '.rel.sce_libgen_mark is not found')

Here is my current makefile (-lc_stub couldn't work so i put -lc lm instead and commented the -specs option) :

TARGET = tactic_miner
MADEOBJS = main.o draw.o font.o utils.o \
splash.o sprites.o forest.o \
vita2d.o vita2d_texture.o
OBJS = $(MADEOBJS) \
shader/compiled/clear_v_gxp.o shader/compiled/clear_f_gxp.o \
shader/compiled/color_v_gxp.o shader/compiled/color_f_gxp.o \
shader/compiled/texture_v_gxp.o shader/compiled/texture_f_gxp.o \
shader/compiled/texture_tint_f_gxp.o
LIBS = -lc -lm -lSceKernel_stub -lSceDisplay_stub -lSceGxm_stub \
-lSceCtrl_stub -lSceTouch_stub

PREFIX = $(DEVKITARM)/bin/arm-vita-eabi
CC = $(PREFIX)-gcc
READELF = $(PREFIX)-readelf
OBJDUMP = $(PREFIX)-objdump
CFLAGS = -Wall
# -specs=psp2.specs
ASFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)

all: $(TARGET)_fixup.elf

%_fixup.elf: %.elf
psp2-fixup -q -S $< $@

$(TARGET).elf: $(OBJS)
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $^ $(LIBS) -o $@

clean:
@rm -rf $(TARGET)_fixup.elf $(TARGET).elf $(MADEOBJS)

edit3: I guess I will take your source vitatester 1.1.1 and start from there to rebuild my game upon it. that way i'm sure makefile will be good

TARGET = tactic_miner
MADEOBJS = main.o draw.o font.o utils.o \
splash.o sprites.o forest.o
OBJS = $(MADEOBJS) \
shader/compiled/clear_v_gxp.o shader/compiled/clear_f_gxp.o \
shader/compiled/color_v_gxp.o shader/compiled/color_f_gxp.o \
shader/compiled/texture_v_gxp.o shader/compiled/texture_f_gxp.o \
shader/compiled/texture_tint_f_gxp.o
LIBS = -lvita2d -lm -lSceKernel_stub -lSceDisplay_stub -lSceGxm_stub \
-lSceCtrl_stub -lSceTouch_stub -lSceCommonDialog_stub

PREFIX = $(DEVKITARM)/bin/arm-vita-eabi
CC = $(PREFIX)-gcc
READELF = $(PREFIX)-readelf
OBJDUMP = $(PREFIX)-objdump
CFLAGS = -Wl,-q -Wall -O3
# -specs=psp2.specs
ASFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)

all: $(TARGET).velf

%.velf: %.elf
$(PREFIX)-strip -g $<
vita-elf-create $< $@

$(TARGET).elf: $(OBJS)
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $^ $(LIBS) -o $@

clean:
@rm -rf $(TARGET).velf $(TARGET).elf $(MADEOBJS)

edit4: ok with the makefile above (i copied parts of your vitatester makefile),
i finally obtained a .velf that should run probably better on all vita and tv (i added .velf to zip archive) :
Camxpspx123
Banned

Post by Camxpspx123 »

SMOKE wrote:For me, half the time it doesn't reach the splash screen and even when it does, it crashes before getting past that.

I highly suggest using the VitaSDK since the PSP2SDK is broken and nobody is supporting it anymore.
Here's the latest build of it for Windows I uploaded the other day: https://mega.nz/#!l9ogzQIC!HFGKzZaR1oi7 ... B_DzOSYVg0

It has some differences from the PSP2SDK, if you need help setting it up & fixing the code, let me know and I can help.
I have successfully compiled a homebrew using vita2dlib but I am interesting compiling vita2dlib by Xerpi but I have an error :

Code: Select all

'c:\vitasdk\arm-vita-eabi\include\freetype2\ft2build.h:37:38: fatal error: freetype/config/ftheader.h: No such file or directory
 #include <freetype/config/ftheader.h>'
Could you help me please :(
cheeyee09

Post by cheeyee09 »

You need build vita_portlibs first
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

There should be vita_portlibs included in that sdk link I uploaded.
If you would like to send me the source code (or open source it, whichever works for you) I can fix it for VitaSDK.

Honestly, there's several differences between PSP2SDK and VitaSDK and I don't remember them all.

As for the module info, it's completely unnecessary and does nothing, so remove it and the moduleinfo include
wonre

Post by wonre »

Does the .velf works better for anyone?
(on my vita 3.18 rejuv 0.3.4b both .velf and ._fixup.elf work, just hit anything when revitalize splash appears to start)
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

I fixed the makefile and another small thing in the code you sent me. It now works fine. I sent it all via PM :)
wonre

Post by wonre »

Many thanks Smoke!

The archive has been updated. Smoke's fixed version should work on all vita's / tv's now.

Return to “Revitalize Competition”