Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[WIP] Snes9xNextVITA - Port of Snes9x for Rejuvenate

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
skogaby

[WIP] Snes9xNextVITA - Port of Snes9x for Rejuvenate

Post by skogaby »

Hi,

I've just released the first WIP version of my port of Snes9xNext to the Vita. As of now, it is extremely barebones, and I've only tested it with NTSC ROMs.

https://github.com/skogaby/Snes9xNextVITA Source Code
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y7cb6 ... 150808.elf ELF Download

Current features:
* Graphics
* Sound
* Input
* In-game save support

Currently lacking:
* Emulator doesn't run at fullspeed
* Probably a lot of other stuff

Usage:

Just load up your SNES ROMs onto your Vita using FTPVita. Then load the emulator and use the built-in file selector to pick your ROM. If you want to exit and pick a new game, press UP + TRIANGLE + L + R in-game.

As I said, it's very much a work-in-progress. Please feel free to give it a whirl, though!

EDIT 2015-08-08: New release of Snes9xNextVITA. Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y7cb6 ... 150808.elf

New features:
* Recompiled to be compatible with PSM for Unity!

Next on the roadmap:
* Multithreaded audio for speed boost
* Ability to use both buttons and touch input for file selection, instead of touch-only
* Hopefully Super Scope and Mario Paint mouse input emulation using touch

EDIT 2015-08-03: I've released a new version again. Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d7hl4 ... 150803.elf

New features:
* Touch-based file selector that should hopefully handle large file lists
* Press UP + TRIANGLE + L + R in-game to exit the current game and select a new ROM
* No longer display FPS (gained a small speed boost, the text library I was using isn't very efficient).
*** If you're curious of your current FPS, press 5 fingers to the screen and it will be printed to your Windows terminal
* Only emulates a single controller, should fix the games that only allowed you to select 2-player

EDIT 2015-07-27: I've released a new version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fvfcw ... _fixup.elf

New features:
* In-game saves work
* Left analog stick works
Advertising
Last edited by skogaby on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
ordi

Re: [WIP] Snes9xNextVITA - Port of Snes9x for Rejuvenate

Post by ordi »

Great work, skogaby!!
I've only tested SMW so far and it already runs at a really good speed for such an early version of your port!
Advertising
TheRealFinnZoidberg

Post by TheRealFinnZoidberg »

I've tried Super Mario All-Stars, runs at an average 45 fps but is playable. Although it seems you can't play in one player mode, two player mode runs fine. USA rom used

Earthbound runs at 53-58 fps. Sound broke sometimes. Battles flow like they should!

Chrono Trigger stands at 33-45 fps, battles have the same fps.

This is an excellent job to be a WIP build, congratulations! Hope it gets better with time!
skogaby

Post by skogaby »

I just released a new version. This version has save support (in-game saves, not save states), as well as support for the left analog stick:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fvfcw ... _fixup.elf

I'll try to release updates again soon. My next goals are to make a way to exit the game and pick a new one, as well as improve the menu. I also want to work on speedups, but that's a little more difficult at the moment.
hinata

Post by hinata »

Even if it's extremely bare-bones it works pretty well with Super Metroid so far.

Still planning on testing some other less well known games.
PS Vita 1002 - OFW 3.51 Rejuvenate
PS Vita 2002 - OFW 3.60 HENkaku
Vita TV - OFW 3.60 HENkaku
Jazoolee ahamed

Post by Jazoolee ahamed »

What is this thing pls anyone tell me
PSN-Jazoolee ahamed
Rejuvenate
Henkaku,Adrenaline
Enso
PS Vita 3.60
jack52032

Post by jack52032 »

A Super Nintendo Entertainment System Emulator
JamX

Post by JamX »

I tried with a simple game; Family Feud. Runs around 40-60fps, only the sounds suffer a little bit slowdown but not in really bad state. The game is playable though, so it's really nice.
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

I tested Rockman & Forte (JPN) and it worked with minor sound problems and slowdowns to 40fps sometimes. I beat the first level and it ran mostly 50-60. Some parts it slows down but in this game it actually helped a bit because it is Megaman (Rockman) and there are crazy moving plaforms you must jump amongst on the first level. It is playable and even beatable I suppose since savedata can be loaded. I stayed up hours last night playing games.... on Rejuvenate apps. Keep up the good work.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
starglad

Post by starglad »

I can't run snes..it seems like everything runs fine, I get "Letting the user choose a ROM" on cmd but on my vita nothing shows up..it's always on a black screen and nothing appear
does any1 know what can I do about it? I tried downloading the elf file again and I also tried making an elf file myself..I'm stuck on this
and I do have snes roms on my vita

Return to “Rejuvenate”