Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Is Rejuvinate what we've been waiting for all this time?

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
U.Flame

Is Rejuvinate what we've been waiting for all this time?

Post by U.Flame »

I don't know exactly what Rejuvinate is. Does it allow the creation of native Vita homebrew, like emulators, custom firmware, and such? Has Vita hacking finally come this far, that in the near future, we can expect homebrew and hacks to dominate most of Vita's usage like the PSP?
Advertising
orangpelupa

Re: Is Rejuvinate what we've been waiting for all this time?

Post by orangpelupa »

it is native, dunno about CFW.
Advertising
zeest

Post by zeest »

orangpelupa wrote:it is native, dunno about CFW.
I believe CFW would require a kernel exploit, which Rejuvenate is not.
animax

Post by animax »

In my opinion, Rejuvenate is EXACTLY what we've been hoping for. Allows native homebrew and emulators (sandboxed in the PSM environment but still potentially a lot more powerful than the psp sandbox) while remaining a usermode exploit, not a kernel exploit - thus preventing piracy (the LAST thing the vita needs).

Nobody wants "hacks" to dominate most of Vita's usage - we want developers to continue making games
U.Flame

Post by U.Flame »

True, piracy won't help, but hacks can at least increase Vita sales. What kind of advantages would a kernel exploit have over what we currently have anyway?
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

animax wrote:Nobody wants "hacks" to dominate most of Vita's usage - we want developers to continue making games
You want developers to continue making indie games?
zeest

Post by zeest »

U.Flame wrote:True, piracy won't help, but hacks can at least increase Vita sales. What kind of advantages would a kernel exploit have over what we currently have anyway?
Nearly full system control. What we have now is basically the ability to execute custom code and mess with some files. A Kexploit would allow full access to the filesystem, CFW, and likely the ability to bypass security/license checks.
animax

Post by animax »

U.Flame wrote:hacks can at least increase Vita sales
Says who?! You can claim that psp sales went up because of hacks but that's just opinion. The psp was essentially hackable from day 1 so by that logic every psp sale ever was because of hacks. The psp sold well because of games. Plus this is a different time, mobile is king now.
NoOne wrote:You want developers to continue making indie games?
We want developers to continue making games, the genre/budget/region is irrelevant to the argument
U.Flame

Post by U.Flame »

animax wrote:
U.Flame wrote:hacks can at least increase Vita sales
Says who?! You can claim that psp sales went up because of hacks but that's just opinion. The psp was essentially hackable from day 1 so by that logic every psp sale ever was because of hacks. The psp sold well because of games. Plus this is a different time, mobile is king now.
I just kinda assumed. I mean, the Vita's not doing so well, so I think hacks would attract more sales from people who like this kind of thing. As long as pirating isn't a thing, it can't hurt right? The name Rejuvinate refers to breathing new life to the system anyway so I'd think that'd include sales. Eh, I'm no expert.
Xana

Post by Xana »

animax wrote:(sandboxed in the PSM environment but still potentially a lot more powerful than the psp sandbox)
The entire point of Rejuvenate is that it escapes the PSM sandbox (i.e. homebrew in rejuvenate can be more powerful than homebrew in PSM)

Return to “Rejuvenate”