Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Screen Wont Display Vita 1000

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
AlwaysLearning

Screen Wont Display Vita 1000

Post by AlwaysLearning »

Hello All

Purchased a Broken VITA for cheap as I would rather learn on broken hardware than working.
(Was considering pulling apart a working 3G model to insert an SD Card mod)
Originally thought it was bricked but then i discovered it was turning on and entering standby.
Also QCMA was registering it so i ruled out MOBO problems (though it could be a problem with the screen cable or something on the MOBO relating to the screen i guess)
Anyway i was discharging the battery so I could try the PSP battery removal trick then I was sitting on the toilet playing with it then turned it on and tried a screen swipe for fun (like when you turn on a working Vita)
Then suddenly i heard Sound playing. Noticed the volume button was working.

Buttons don't seem to be working, if I touch the screen randomly it makes a clicking noise like the one when you are in settings.
it DOES NOT make any noises when i try to open an app on the live area screen like it should on a working Vita.
So its not on the default Vita Live Area Screen.

TLDR
Discovered the Vita is working and playing sound and working touchscreen but the SCREEN IS BLACK and buttons arent working.

Any suggestions what I could try next before i buy a replacement screen for cheap and get down to pulling it apart.
(I watched a video on the utube and a screen change is fairly complex but not impossible.)

Any help / suggestions appreciated
Thanks
Advertising

Return to “Support”