Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to make a VPK in order to transfer many files?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
GraphicsApathy

How to make a VPK in order to transfer many files?

Post by GraphicsApathy »

I am attempting to transfer over to my Vita my collection of WHDLoad pre-installed Amiga games (and a few utilities) which without putting in some sort of archive, make for between five and six THOUSAND files totalling approx 550 MB (as calculated by Windows, at least). This sheer number seems to be too much for the PSP Game Save transfer method to handle, as QCMA consistently disconnects on its own less than a quarter of the way through the transfer of the save containing said files, whether or not they're in an archive, and VitaShell fails to detect the common compressed archive formats (7z, zip, and rar all fail to show up). My googling has failed to find a way to make a VPK from scratch (but plenty of material on utilizing 'backup' VPKs), thus lies why i'm posting this.

What I desire is a either a GUI VPK maker or (more realistically) the settings to use with 7zip when making said VPK for stuff transfer. Apologies for the wall of text, and thanks for reading.

Thanks
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: How to make a VPK in order to transfer many files?

Post by fate6 »

FTP it? BTW a VKP is just a renamed zip file with iirc no compression and no it wont work since it will try to install it like a game.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
GraphicsApathy

Post by GraphicsApathy »

Sigh... I was afraid of that. I didn't bring it up because a: I legitimately forgot about it and b: I predict it'll take forever with the sheer number of files that I want to transfer.

So, Plan B (with C being the time-consuming, device babysitting, wireless FTP one). Can you transfer files via a wired FTP connection? A quick google implies no, but the info I found is pre-HenKaku.

Thanks BTW.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Provided its a Vita TV then yes but sadly the PDEL/PTEL ethernet adapter doesn't work on retail systems :(
Vitashell stops the auto sleep anyway so you can just go do whatever while it transfers.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
DaRipa

Post by DaRipa »

Have you tried to zip all the files then rename it to mp4 qcma should pick it up then.
kelly1990

Post by kelly1990 »

Zip all your files to one folder and transfer it using 7zipguides which the options work best for your files, and stick to them...
blackiyto

Post by blackiyto »

Have you tried to zip all the files?

Return to “Support”