Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Simple Question

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
valuehe123

Simple Question

Post by valuehe123 »

Why Package Installer auto shut down after i open it? o.o any solution?
Advertising
CelesteBlue

Re: Simple Question

Post by CelesteBlue »

valuehe123 wrote:Why Package Installer auto shut down after i open it? o.o any solution?
What firmware version ?
Advertising
valuehe123

Post by valuehe123 »

sorry for late reply, its 3.60
luck

Post by luck »

yes, replace it with the dex version
there s a tutorial.
amirmaher

Post by amirmaher »

If you just want to know, that's because when you run a cex package installer it checks if this device is an idu device or a cex one. If it is an idu it continues starting the eboot. If not it just gets out.
The package installer from dex vita doesn't do this check or any another one, just starts :)
PS Vita 3G/WiFi 3.60 HENkaku
CelesteBlue

Post by CelesteBlue »

amirmaher wrote:If you just want to know, that's because when you run a cex package installer it checks if this device is an idu device or a cex one. If it is an idu it continues starting the eboot. If not it just gets out.
The package installer from dex vita doesn't do this check or any another one, just starts :)
Yes, and more than that, the DEX ☆Package Installer is bigger than the CEX one, because the DEX has more functions...
For exemple, the DEX is able to install a DRM PSP/PSX/MINI PKG !!!
amirmaher

Post by amirmaher »

CelesteBlue wrote:Yes, and more than that, the DEX ☆Package Installer is bigger than the CEX one, because the DEX has more functions...
I don't think so because eboot sizes in other firmwares varies like pkg installer on 3.18 which is 160kb only!
also all pkg installer including dex one are named FakePackageInstaller and i don't know why...
PS Vita 3G/WiFi 3.60 HENkaku
CelesteBlue

Post by CelesteBlue »

amirmaher wrote:
CelesteBlue wrote:Yes, and more than that, the DEX ☆Package Installer is bigger than the CEX one, because the DEX has more functions...
I don't think so because eboot sizes in other firmwares varies like pkg installer on 3.18 which is 160kb only!
also all pkg installer including dex one are named FakePackageInstaller and i don't know why...
Yes size between all of firmware 3.01-3.52 are different because SONY removed each time a bit more and securised a bit more...
Vita FakePackageInstaller is called like that because it's not used by developper to install their games (for that they have PSM Dev Assistant), but only to install in background downloaded PSN games.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

CelesteBlue wrote:Vita FakePackageInstaller is called like that because it's not used by developper to install their games (for that they have PSM Dev Assistant)
lolno! on a devkit you either use the pkg installer or just push the pkg via target manager/neighborhood or CMD.
PSM is long dead my good sir and was never used by people with real kits.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Support”